New Challenge: Movin' On Up

vs relatively unknown TAGferal_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 6 playersCO: $25.00 Button: $6.53 SB: $41.13 BB: $9.14 UTG: $25.00 (Hero)UTG+1: $25.00 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is UTG with Jh.gifJd.gif (6 players)Hero raises to $0.85, UTG+1 folds, CO raises to $2.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $1.40Flop: ($4.85) 8h.gif7d.gif7s.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $2.25, Hero calls $2.25Turn: ($9.35) 3s.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO checksRiver: ($9.35) Ac.gif (2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $6, Hero calls $6
You think about leading turn ?I would fold. Since we are UTG pf I wouldn't expect this to be AK almost always.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This deserves to get seen by a few more people. From our resident Stupidhead...v1.27Feral Cow Poker Hand ConverterHEM/Poker Stars NL Hold'em $1.00/$2.00 - 6 playersButton: $237.98SB: $200.00BB: $60.00

I remember when this thread was all about how bad KJ was at 3betting

He's probably not flatting KJ's raise otf if he had a2. Besides, A2 is such a small portion of his range here, we are never ever ever ever ever ever ever folding the turn. People are stupid, they do

Posted Images

You think about leading turn ?I would fold. Since we are UTG pf I wouldn't expect this to be AK almost always.
I hadn't thought about leading the turn, do we get some 99/TT type calls and maybe some AK peels?Yeah, river seems like a fold... doctored HH obv I never call there :club: I thought his bet sizing was interesting <1/2 pot on flop and 2/3 on river
Funny james makes a FT 25nl video. I was playing that today.
good weekend
Nice giraffes, fellas
Got coolered by a reg and pwnd by a reg this morning fml
I've gotten much better against regs this month. Playing against them in a single raised pot with posistion is uber easy now. Most of the regs I play against have a high c-bet stat and an almost equally as high fold to flop raise stat, so raising ATC (for the most part) when they cbet the flop can be profitable. Only problems I've run into is when you flat the button to their raise, you do run the risk of being squeezed. Also the obvious issue of how quickly your opponent will catch on and adjust.
100bbs? what was his 5b size?
starting stacks hero $33ish villain $26ishaction was something like Hero raises to .75, Villain raises to 2.75, Hero raises to 7.50, Villain raises to 12.25 leaving 16.10 behind, Hero shoves, Villain folds.

Smash strat?? optimal line vs some fish is just to get it inferal_cow_icon.gifConverting hands till the cows come homeFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersSB Valross: $25.00 BB bSHIM: $26.92 UTG muroilgrande: $17.70 CO Hero: $26.24 Button Auresprett: $24.65 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with 4c.gif4s.gif (5 players)muroilgrande folds, Hero raises to $0.75, Auresprett raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25Flop: ($4.35) Jd.gif4d.gifKs.gif (2 players)Hero checks, Auresprett bets $3.25, Hero raises to $24.24, and is all in, Auresprett calls $19.40, and is all inTurn: ($49.65) 9s.gif (2 players)River: ($49.65) 8s.gif (2 players)Hero showed 4c.gif4s.gif, and won ($47.17) with three of a kind, FoursAuresprett showed Kh.gifAs.gif, and lost with a pair of KingsHero won $47.17(Rake: $2.48)

Rootbeer float, anyone?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersCO jj9001: $13.88 Button edushiokawa2: $25.00 SB ArNoLd_ALliGaTe: $25.75 BB Hero: $30.24 UTG SoSickFold: $41.87 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Ad.gifKc.gif (5 players)SoSickFold folds, jj9001 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, jj9001 calls $1.75Flop: ($4.60) Kh.gif3s.gif8h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, jj9001 calls $1.50Turn: ($7.60) 9s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $2.50, jj9001 calls $2.50River: ($12.60) 3c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $12.60, jj9001 calls $7.63, and is all injj9001 mucked Qd.gifQh.gifHero showed Ad.gifKc.gif, and won ($26.47) with two pair, Kings and ThreesHero won $26.47(Rake: $1.39)

Rootbeer float, anyone?feral_cow_icon.gifFeral Cow PokerFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.10/$0.25 - 5 playersCO jj9001: $13.88 Button edushiokawa2: $25.00 SB ArNoLd_ALliGaTe: $25.75 BB Hero: $30.24 UTG SoSickFold: $41.87 Preflop: ($0.35) Hero is BB with Ad.gifKc.gif (5 players)SoSickFold folds, jj9001 raises to $0.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $2.25, jj9001 calls $1.75Flop: ($4.60) Kh.gif3s.gif8h.gif (2 players)Hero bets $1.50, jj9001 calls $1.50Turn: ($7.60) 9s.gif (2 players)Hero bets $2.50, jj9001 calls $2.50River: ($12.60) 3c.gif (2 players)Hero bets $12.60, jj9001 calls $7.63, and is all injj9001 mucked Qd.gifQh.gifHero showed Ad.gifKc.gif, and won ($26.47) with two pair, Kings and ThreesHero won $26.47(Rake: $1.39)
Looks good to me. I had a couple of interesting root beer hands this evening that I might post.
Ok. So I'm not gonna be playing for awhile.I am tilting way too easily now that I'm not smoking, and I'm just constantly pissed off and it's affecting my game in a very negative way.
Sigh :ts I still think that quitting is the more +ev (especially for life) play, so glgl
Does Rootbeer just mean barrelling 3 streets for value or am I missing something?
It's a concept developed by Phil Galfond.In a 3bet pot, oop, you be small (about 1/3) because it gives your opponents something they rarely see and they often play incorrectly.If you are bluffing and they fold, you gave yourself a good price on the bluff.If you are value betting and they float you, or raise you, bc your bet looks weak, than it's a good inducement/range weakening tactic that still gets money in the pot.Fighter found the 2p2 post recently, maybe he will post it here bc I'm not as skilled with the search function as he is.Cobalt could also explain as root-beering is like his favorite thing everrrrrrrrrrr :club:
It's a concept developed by Phil Galfond.In a 3bet pot, oop, you be small (about 1/3) because it gives your opponents something they rarely see and they often play incorrectly.If you are bluffing and they fold, you gave yourself a good price on the bluff.If you are value betting and they float you, or raise you, bc your bet looks weak, than it's a good inducement/range weakening tactic that still gets money in the pot.Fighter found the 2p2 post recently, maybe he will post it here bc I'm not as skilled with the search function as he is.Cobalt could also explain as root-beering is like his favorite thing everrrrrrrrrrr :club:
I haven't played a ton of nl lately. Maybe I'll make up a cool hand.Oooooh actually, I'll tell you about a play I like. I didn't name it but I think I'll call it the 'Root Beer'.$10k stacks.Loose semi-aggro decent player opens to $350 from the HJ at 50/100. I make it $1300 from SB with AJss or KK.Flop T54 two spades. ($2700)I give him the root beer and bet $650He usually won't have a hand, but he won't want to fold for $650 into that pot. So he can either return my root beer and make it $2500 (I shove, he folds usually), or he can make a float.Let's say he chooses to float, which he will fairly often.Turn Qo or T or 7o, or whatever.There are two options I like on the turn after I root beer the flop.One is a check shove. That's kind've the logical one, right? We've forced them to float, so we should let them bluff. But sometimes they check behind, and sometimes they have a weak made hand.What I like to do more is bet $1500 into the $4000.What usually happens is that they fold, since they don't have a hand. But a lot of times what happens is they think "hmmmm I can't call this, I have 4 outs/no outs/bottom pair. But why did I float then? To take away this pot. RAISE"They make it $4k and I shove and they fold. Tada!It also works nicely with bluffs because you lay yourself a nice price.
From Galfond's well on 2+2. Perhaps one of the greatest wells of all time.
post away, rootbeer hands are fun!
feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.50/$1 - 9 playersHJ: $306.90 CO: $346.30 Button: $119.30 SB: $161.20 (Hero)BB: $188.05 UTG: $242.55 UTG+1: $73.15 MP: $332.35 MP2: $82.75 Preflop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with :D:qh (9 players)2 folds, MP raises to $3, 4 folds, Hero raises to $11, BB folds, MP calls $8Flop: ($23.00) :qh:3h:D (2 players)Hero bets $6, MP calls $6Turn: ($35.00) :club: (2 players)Hero bets $12, MP raises to $33, Hero calls $21River: ($101.00) :ts (2 players)Hero checks, MP bets $78, Hero calls $78Hero showed :D:jh, and won ($254) with two pair, Kings and QueensMP showed :7s:D, and lost with two pair, Queens and NinesHero won $254(Rake: $3)feral_cow_icon.gifDont have a cow, heres your converted handFull Tilt No-Limit Hold'em $0.50/$1 - 9 playersMP2: $121.85 HJ: $154.05 CO: $94.85 Button: $118.80 SB: $190.80 (Hero)BB: $68.70 UTG: $99.50 UTG+1: $101.65 MP: $101.00 Preflop: ($1.50) Hero is SB with :5c:qc (9 players)6 folds, Button raises to $3, Hero raises to $11, BB folds, Button calls $8Flop: ($23.00) :D:4h:jh (2 players)Hero bets $8, Button calls $8Turn: ($39.00) :5c (2 players)Hero bets $13, Button raises to $26, Hero calls $13River: ($91.00) :4h (2 players)Hero checks, Button bets $35, Hero calls $35Button showed :ts:club:, and lost with a pair of EightsHero showed :3h:3d, and won ($158) with two pair, Eights and SevensHero won $158(Rake: $3)I actually was trying to take root beer back out of my game there for a bit since I've had people criticize it a lot...and maybe it was a small sample...but it wasn't going well. I do so much better with it in my arsenal. I just see too many benefits. Yes, it causes me some uncomfortable spots where a bigger bet might not...but I'm generally confident in my ability to reason through them.

maybe sometimes u could mix in your rootbeers.. like for instance.the AK hand. that may seem like a decent spot to rootbeer, but when u get a board that has texture that doesnt work really well for rootbeering just abandon that thought for that board. for example AA on 678cc or like KK on 89Tcc . with these boards i dont think rootbeering would work nearly as effective as other instances.

maybe sometimes u could mix in your rootbeers.. like for instance.the AK hand. that may seem like a decent spot to rootbeer, but when u get a board that has texture that doesnt work really well for rootbeering just abandon that thought for that board. for example AA on 678cc or like KK on 89Tcc . with these boards i dont think rootbeering would work nearly as effective as other instances.
Yup. That's what I'm attempting to do. It's just that my "default" is back to root beer and then look for reasons to go bigger.

Dumb questions about rootbeer...What if you get raised on flop/turn/river using the AK hand as an example. Would you flat there bet if say, villain raised you to pot on flop? Guess it depends on depth, but if you are both deep, then turn is a blank, do you fire another root beer shot, and if so if you get raised again, then what? Is rootbeer floating something to do against a known villain style?? Interesting concept.

Sigh :club: I still think that quitting is the more +ev (especially for life) play, so glgl
Agree, and I don't think I can cut back (from poker) all that much, but if I do play it'll be short sessions.I guess I could always take the time to watch more videos and study.