Random Entertainment Observations

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

say that to LLY 's face like a real man

Oh my ****ing GOD! http://deadline.com/2015/04/bob-odenkirk-david-cross-sketch-comedy-series-netflix-1201403256/   Bob is not only in the best Drama on tv, but he's going to be in the best comedy t

You misspelled insipid.

Yep, this last bit at the end sums it up:"But the HFPA would have gone against tradition had they not selected the world's most popular film right now over little seen The Hurt Locker. Again, for this 'strange bunch', it's all about the ratings and lining their own pockets. NBC should dump this fake show. Now more than ever, when even Hollywood can't take it seriously anymore."

I don't get all the complaining over Avatar winning. I honestly have never had more fun watching a movie in my life (same with hundreds of thousands of other people). A movie that has really pushed the envelope in design, innovation, and experience in a theater. You can complain about the story, yes it was generic, done before, had some plot holes but that doesn't make it a bad movie. There is a reason why many people are paying to see the movie several times in the theater, it's one of the most entertaining films in history. If the 3D aspect was gone, would it win? I don't know but it was a pretty awesome experience nonetheless.

I don't get all the complaining over Avatar winning. I honestly have never had more fun watching a movie in my life (same with hundreds of thousands of other people). A movie that has really pushed the envelope in design, innovation, and experience in a theater. You can complain about the story, yes it was generic, done before, had some plot holes but that doesn't make it a bad movie. There is a reason why many people are paying to see the movie several times in the theater, it's one of the most entertaining films in history. If the 3D aspect was gone, would it win? I don't know but it was a pretty awesome experience nonetheless.
I understand what you're saying, but the award for best movie has never been about being the most entertaining movie.
I understand what you're saying, but the award for best movie has never been about being the most entertaining movie.
Case in point:No Country for Old Men.....
While I will grant you that No Country would've had a better chance at winning if it was all about entertainment, it should've won anyway.
If the 3D aspect was gone, would it win? I don't know but it was a pretty awesome experience nonetheless.
Oh hell no. But I agree with the rest of your point. JJJ makes a good point as well...but I think that an exception can be made once in a while.
At least we agree on something today.

I don't have the energy for this argument. Whatever JJJ writes is what I'm thinking.I was more entertained watching No Country than I have been in years, maybe since Braveheart in the theater.

I'm kind of unsure as to what we're talking about now, since I don't know what movies won what awards that year...but this seems like another good time to point out the fact that There Will Be Blood is better than No Country For Old Men, in this man's humble opinion. AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE, ETC!

At least we agree on something today.
You and I are carrying FCP today.Without us this place would be dead.I doubt we are being appreciated like we should...
While I will grant you that No Country would've had a better chance at winning if it was all about entertainment, it should've won anyway.
Ohh... my bad, I thought it did win.Nevermind then with what I said
I'm kind of unsure as to what we're talking about now, since I don't know what movies won what awards that year...but this seems like another good time to point out the fact that There Will Be Blood is better than No Country For Old Men, in this man's humble opinion. AND IT'S NOT EVEN CLOSE, ETC!
Atonement beat both.
AGREE 100%!!
Ohh... my bad, I thought it did win.Nevermind then with what I said
No Country For Old Men won Best Picture at the Oscars. Atonement won at the Golden Globes.
Just watched Changeling again.....man that is a great film.Curious to who has seen it here and what the thoughts are?
I just got confused. I clicked on this thread and there was your post, but my reply wasn't there. I thought it somehow got lost or something. Then I figured out you posted it in two different threads. So...
I saw it and thought it was really good, but also really depressing and I don't think I would watch it again.
I just got confused. I clicked on this thread and there was your post, but my reply wasn't there. I thought it somehow got lost or something. Then I figured out you posted it in two different threads. So...
Sorry for the confusion. I know not everyone clicks on this thread so I posted it twice.
Just watched Changeling again.....man that is a great film.Curious to who has seen it here and what the thoughts are?
I saw it and thought it was really good, but also really depressing and I don't think I would watch it again.
You and I are carrying FCP today.Without us this place would be dead.I doubt we are being appreciated like we should...
The great ones never are. Although JJJ and everyone who participated in his challenge deserve all the January credit.
The great ones never are. Although JJJ and everyone who participated in his challenge deserve all the January credit.
We'll split it with him...but we'll do it anonymously...cause that's how we roll!Which reminds me of my new favorite Tommy Bahama shirt I got recently:thats_how_i_roll_tee.jpgI have the panel back and it says that's How I roll on the bottom.Light blue too because it brings out my eyes.
Boy what a difference the movie was from the previews.I enjoyed the film also, was kind of doubtful that the police etc were that inept in real life back then...but then again they could have been.I was also impacted with the reality that Jolie will not age well.
Be whiter.
I am a member of an exclusive country club, dress in Tommy Bamahas shirts 75% of the time I need to be dressed up, attend church, run a company, hate rap, am uncomfortable with racist jokes...Any whiter and I'd be an albino
Boy what a difference the movie was from the previews.I enjoyed the film also, was kind of doubtful that the police etc were that inept in real life back then...but then again they could have been.
I no longer know when you are joking and trying to bait people, or when you are making another ridiculously erroneous statement. It is impossible to tell, because you have a habit of making such a statement, then denying that you meant it when someone calls you out on it.So I am going to say "You do realise the film Changeling is based on a true story, ergo the police actually were that inept in real life back then?"You will then do one of the following:a.) Claim that you were joking and wanted to see how people would reactb.) Fiercely defend your original statement without providing any actual evidencec.) Try to twist the meaning of what you said so that my response no longer appliesd.) Ignore me because you don't know how to counter