you know you're playing a fish when he says...

yeah because we're all in nowgeeeeeze.
When did being all in have anything to do with this? If someone had AA or KK and you held 22, you would be a 4 to 1 underdog, preflop. Without having anything to do with someone being all in? Where did you get that one from? I'm just saying that in most cases, calling raises in early stages of tournaments with small pairs is not such a great idea.
  • Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did being all in have anything to do with this? If someone had AA or KK and you held 22, you would be a 4 to 1 underdog, preflop. Without having anything to do with someone being all in? Where did you get that one from? I'm just saying that in most cases, calling raises in early stages of tournaments with small pairs is not such a great idea.
because if we are not all in we can choose to fold post flop or get more chips when we hit a 2. Without knowing how deep the stacks are and no reads on players in pot, you have no idea if calling 130 in a 240+ pot is bad. If you do, then you are too tight or don't undestand implied odds. We need at least stack sizes before calling anyone a fishEdit:ok..I re-read.we are given stacks,.My god this is an easy call preflop, even after the raise.seriously.
because if we are not all in we can choose to fold post flop or get more chips when we hit a 2. Without knowing how deep the stacks are and no reads on players in pot, you have no idea if calling 130 in a 240+ pot is bad. If you do, then you are too tight or don't undestand implied odds. We need at least stack sizes before calling anyone a fishEdit:ok..I re-read.we are given stacks,.My god this is an easy call preflop, even after the raise.seriously.
Please take your strategy talk elsewhere. This is where we only speak Ultra-Tight play and bankroll management. We don't like your kind here, brining reason to a thread where we post to try to feel better about ourselves at the expense of others.
Please take your strategy talk elsewhere.
lol.And I certainly shouldn't ruffle Eddie's feather's in his own thread!
I'm in love with Actuary.That is all.
:club: you've been around for awhile.It's probably healthy to let these feelings out!
This one made me laugh.$3 rebuy tournament, 2000 starting chips, very first hand blinds 10/20.Can't remember the exact details but i limped with 22. Theres a couple more limpers and the someone raises to about 150. I call and catch my 2 on a K high flop. We get it all in and the raiser loses the whole stack with AK and doesn't rebuy. A few moments pass before i see "n.ob, how can u call that raise. Learn to play poker". I don't know why but for some reason this made me burst out laughing.
The bolded portion of the quote is yet one more reason to justify calliong the raise with 22... In a rebuy tournement --if you have the capital-- your goal during the rebuy period is to amass a large quantity of chips. What could be better than a small pair and the "set it or forget it" strategy especially against a strong hand (improving your implied odds of getting paid off when you hit). On another note, my favourite fish quote comes from anyone who posts genuine strategy comments in a *toungue and cheek* "you know you're playing a fish when he says..." thread. For example, the fishiest comment I read in this thread was the following:
The bolded portion of the quote is yet one more reason to justify calliong the raise with 22... In a rebuy tournement --if you have the capital-- your goal during the rebuy period is to amass a large quantity of chips. What could be better than a small pair and the "set it or forget it" strategy especially against a strong hand (improving your implied odds of getting paid off when you hit).
Notice how he misspells the word "calling" (in bold). And who uses the word "amass"! Seriously... this guy has some serious issues... Man, if you're going to give strategic poker advice, one would hope you have a basic grasp of grammar and are capable of posting in the strategy forum!General forum vultures make me sick: Go visist Strategy for *****'s sake!Cheers,Self-depricating Merby

"Sorry I didn't put you on a seven." as I flop trips and he calls my all in RERAISE with top pair to hit runner-runner flush.Comment from the railbirds, "Sorry" is a synonym for I'm not good.

"Sorry I didn't put you on a seven." as I flop trips and he calls my all in RERAISE with top pair to hit runner-runner flush.Comment from the railbirds, "Sorry" is a synonym for I'm not good.
how is this a fish story?It is hard for him to out you on a SEVEN. Ive seen lots of players say sorry. Some guy rivered a set of Ks against my As earlier and said 'sorry' does that mean he sucks too?sound like your just pissed about the beat
I'm glad this was posted in general and not in strategy.

Last night in a 3-6 limit game at the local cardroom I was sitting next to a young lady who would not stop talking and could never understand why she was not winning, on one hand however it was a four or five way pot capped with three or four people all the way down and she ends up making a straight on the river against two sets and she didnt even have the st8 draw until the turn. After the hand when asked why she kept calling with nothing she said that she wouldnt of sucked out if she had hit her str8 earlier and it would have save here alot of time

Last night in a 3-6 limit game at the local cardroom I was sitting next to a young lady who would not stop talking and could never understand why she was not winning,should be a period here on one handcomma goes here however and hereit was a four or five way pot capped with three or four people all the way down and she ends up making a straight on the river against two sets and she didnt even have the st8 draw until the turn. After the hand when asked why she kept calling with nothing Just bad english here she said that she wouldnt of wouldn't HAVEsucked out if she had hit her str8 earlier and it would have saved hereher not here alot one word a lot of time
Are you sure YOU aren't the "girl" making runner runner straights??? :club:
Thanks i really apppppriciates it when you helppppps me to wrote good on this here intranet form me does really appppriciates it thanks amasdfmanasdfasdk;f
That doesnt mean I dont hate you and think you are an annoying, childish *****I just think people who have to correct others' grammar should be murderedMPB
That doesnt mean I dont hate you and think you are an annoying, childish *****I just think people who have to correct others' grammar should be murderedMPB
If it was one mistake, I'd let it go, 2, I would let slide. 3! Ok 3, I might call him a donk and leave it at that, but when someone is posting a story about a "donkey" and they can't even use proper punctuation and/or spelling, more than 3 times in 1 paragraph, I just have to bust out the ruler on his @ss. His awful spelling/punctuation makes baby Jesus cry...
If it was one mistake, I'd let it go, 2, I would let slide. 3! Ok 3, I might call him a donk and leave it at that, but when someone is posting a story about a "donkey" and they can't even use proper punctuation and/or spelling, more than 3 times in 1 paragraph, I just have to bust out the ruler on his @ss. His awful spelling/punctuation makes baby Jesus cry...
well its good to know you guys like me already :club:
still, not very funny or cool.As long as you can understand what its saying, you really shouldnt have a problem with it. Some people are just too buzy and lazy to realize it and fix it