2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last-second change of my pick to Calvin De Haan. Zero chance I'm keeping this pick (don't send offers) so I won't bust him up too much. There was one guy I really liked at this spot, but at the last second, changed it. Hesitant since I know he wasn't expected to go that high, but there is going to be a lot of roster spots on the Islanders. He was +3 on a team where most people were double-digit minuses.I'm still interested in acquiring one of the next few picks, either outright, or moving up from my 3rd.

And Kulikov to Jay. I'd be stoked if I were him - surprised he fell that low. He was who I had in mind the whole time for my pick, though I didn't think he'd fall. Might be better than De Haan (and definitely is at $1/year cheaper!) Meh, I'm tired of trusting these Q players, especially when their linemates score 2 points/game.

FCHLLeblanc to Broadway at #17. I was all ready to take a D man with either Kulikov or De Haan but they were taken 15 and 16FCHL 2Makorov to Broadway at #48Actually was very happy with this pick but it was not an easy decision. A couple of other guys I like almost as much.Wouldn't mind trading up if anyone is interested

1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene 3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson 4. Evander Kane 5. Victor Hedman 6. Evgeny Grachev 7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri 9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi 12. Ryan Ellis 13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18.19.20.Zach is on the clock with the #18 pick.

I LOVE PROSPECT DRAFT SEASON
This is easily my favorite part of the league. Probably because my team has basically no success in the playoffs.

I might be a bit... trying to figure out who to take. Two guys I wanted fell to me, so gotta figure out who is the better pick here, all while trying not to lose my shirt online.

1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson4. Evander Kane5. Victor Hedman6. Evgeny Grachev7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi12. Ryan Ellis13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18. PK Subban19.20.Duane is on the clock.

I'm interested in trading up from my 33rd overall. Anyone?
We'll see, I have two guys in mind for my next two picks but it's certainly possible that someone will scoop me.
1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson4. Evander Kane5. Victor Hedman6. Evgeny Grachev7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi12. Ryan Ellis13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18. PK Subban19. Tomas Tatar20.
Biatch is on the clock.
Wow, I didn't think he would go that fast. Wow. Nice pick.
He put up some pretty big numbers last year (albeit against weak competition) -- def a high risk. His size and org (Det) were the selling factors although there are a few players I'm regretting passing on... Will see if they drop to #26
He put up some pretty big numbers last year (albeit against weak competition) -- def a high risk prospect.
I had him as one of my 3rd rounders, didn't think he would even go before my 23. I think it is a good pick. He is definitely in a system that will give him, I think, the best chance to turn into something good.
I had Tatar going in the 5th. (to me)
I might have taken a stab at him in the 4th, personally. He's a big project but he's on exactly the right team for that.
I might have taken a stab at him in the 4th, personally. He's a big project but he's on exactly the right team for that.
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2009_06/30_Tatar.php"The Red Wings, who had Tatar ranked in the middle of the first round heading into Saturday's NHL draft, are obviously thrilled after landing the Slovak left-winger at the end of the second round (60th overall).""If Tatar tops out at the NHL level, Andersson projects him as more of a goal scorer who would produce 35 goals among 80 points."
http://www.redwingscentral.com/stories/2009_06/30_Tatar.php"The Red Wings, who had Tatar ranked in the middle of the first round heading into Saturday's NHL draft, are obviously thrilled after landing the Slovak left-winger at the end of the second round (60th overall).""If Tatar tops out at the NHL level, Andersson projects him as more of a goal scorer who would produce 35 goals among 80 points."
I'm not slamming the pick, I'm just saying you have much bigger balls than I do taking him at #19 overall. I couldn't have done it.If he reaches potential you're a genius.
i cant wait to see who gets picked with the 75th pick this year, we are beginning to get DEEP
I own your pick at #73, I didn't scout past the 4th round (lazy) except for 1 name for my last pick. We're aren't getting that deep in my opinion, 75 picks is about 2 1/2 rounds for the NHL draft.
I own your pick at #73, I didn't scout past the 4th round (lazy) except for 1 name for my last pick. We're aren't getting that deep in my opinion, 75 picks is about 2 1/2 rounds for the NHL draft.
Except we don't take goalies, defensive defenseman, and defensive forwards...