2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Doug does...
Well, no one would mistake me for the FCHL's Ken Holland.

1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson4. Evander Kane5. Victor Hedman6. Evgeny Grachev7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi12. Ryan Ellis13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18. PK Subban19. Tomas Tatar20. Brett Sonne21. Aaron Palushaj22. Dmitri Kugryshev

1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson4. Evander Kane5. Victor Hedman6. Evgeny Grachev7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi12. Ryan Ellis13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18. PK Subban19. Tomas Tatar20. Brett Sonne21. Aaron Palushaj22. Dmitri Kugryshev 23. John Moore

I have never hit up hockeydb more than I have today.
Most of the picks today make me think I am missing something in regards to prospects and may start to take on the Arp philosophy
Most of the picks today make me think I am missing something in regards to prospects and may start to take on the Arp philosophy
pretty sure it only took zach like 2-3 hours to make a list that included everyone picked today.well, I'm not sure about weirdcock, he might not have had that dude on his list.
pretty sure it only took zach like 2-3 hours to make a list that included everyone picked today.well, I'm not sure about wiercioch, he might not have had that dude on his list.
At some point I was hoping to trade back into the late 2nd / early 3rd round to grab him -- he's another one of those late bloomers. He had an invite to the WJC camp last year but he was cut (obviously). He seems to have a knack for scoring goals which is nice but needs work on the defensive game. Nice pick but I would have though there was a least a few d-men that would have ranked higher.Funny though... I try and be such a non-homer with Sens picks I end up missing out on them all of the time.
At some point I was hoping to trade back into the 3rd round to grab him -- he's another one of those late bloomers. He had an invite to the WJC camp last year but he was cut (obviously). He seems to have a knack for scoring goals which is nice but needs work on the defensive game. Nice pick but I would have though there was a least a few d-men I would have ranked higher.Funny though... I try and be such a non-homer with Sens picks I end up missing out on them all of the time.
I have a couple of defensemen rated slightly higher than Wiercioch, but I've had such a good feeling about his chances for making it for the past few months that I didn't want to risk not getting him if I waited. He was basically #1 on my list of guys I expected to come out of this draft owning.My picks seem to be very reachy for some reason, but like I said, not really any slam dunk picks left, it's all just judgement calls at this point.

1. John Tavares2. Matt Duchene3. Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson4. Evander Kane5. Victor Hedman6. Evgeny Grachev7. Brayden Schenn8. Nazem Kadri9. Jordan Schroeder10. Chris Kreider11. Eric Tangradi12. Ryan Ellis13. Scott Glennie14. Oliver Ekman-Larsson15. Calvin deHaan16. Dmitri Kulikov17. Louis Leblanc18. PK Subban19. Tomas Tatar20. Brett Sonne21. Aaron Palushaj22. Dmitri Kugryshev 23. John Moore24. Zach Kassian25. Patrick Wiercioch26. Alexander Avtsyn27. Jacob Josefson28. Oscar Osala29. Jeremy Morin

I have a couple of defensemen rated slightly higher than Wiercioch, but I've had such a good feeling about his chances for making it for the past few months that I didn't want to risk not getting him if I waited. He was basically #1 on my list of guys I expected to come out of this draft owning.My picks seem to be very reachy for some reason, but like I said, not really any slam dunk picks left, it's all just judgement calls at this point.
In that case I won't try a trade!He has progressed extremely well, though I think it will be a few years before he makes an offensive splash imho with Campoli + Karlsson (maybe Picard? Lee?) on the PP. Then have Phillips + Volch + Cowen logging the big shutdown minutes.
Fricken Ollie traded up ahead of me, now I know neither of my 3 guys will be left. You, Ollie, and Jay all know how to draft, lol.
Jay works days and I never see him around until like 4-5pm, so I have no idea if he's going to make a pick or not. I saw him on the board this morning around 6:30 but he didn't take anyone (obv). I'm probably going off the board again, so you really don't have to worry about me. I only take players no one has ever heard of apparently. :club:
In that case I won't try a trade!He has progressed extremely well, though I think it will be a few years before he makes an offensive splash imho with Campoli + Karlsson (maybe Picard? Lee?) on the PP. Then have Phillips + Volch + Cowen logging the big shutdown minutes.
I think his size is going to be a huge advantage for him, especially if he can pack another 30 pounds of muscle onto that stringbean frame of his. You don't find many 6'5" defensemen who can actually skate and shoot.
Jay works days and I never see him around until like 4-5pm, so I have no idea if he's going to make a pick or not. I saw him on the board this morning around 6:30 but he didn't take anyone (obv). I'm probably going off the board again, so you really don't have to worry about me. I only take players no one has ever heard of apparently. :club:
I've heard of every single person you will consider drafting.