2009 Fchl 1&2 Entry Draft Thread

He might not be the next Mike Green, but there's a very good chance he puts up 50+ points a year.
For fantasy purposes all you are looking for in a offensive d-man is someone not a such a defensive liability that he's benched all of the time and can't get QB PP time (ie: not Cory Murphy). So I like where he went.ps: the reason Mike Green was FCHL gold was b/c of his goals. Most d-men end up with ~10 g.
  • Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

trade alert:the north stars trade their 2010 1st for the 21st (next) overall pick this year.
I pulled the trigger on the deal with a guy in mind, but now I'm second guessing who I should take. It'll be awhile before I pick, guys...
uh oh. :club:
made me laugh cos i was thinking you only trade your 1st away if you are really trying to make sure you get a certain guy!
Ya, I had OEL in mind when I made the deal. Then I got scared at the idea of having a long-term project and almost took John Carlson. In the end I went with my gut.Giving up a 1st for this pick isn't as bad as it sounds. This draft is so deep that picking 21st this year won't be much different than picking 10th next year (which is about where I project that pick to be).

Eberle's a popular guy. I actually had his name typed into the draft box during my pick at 18th overall but was worried about his size and took Glennie instead.

Eberle's a popular guy. I actually had his name typed into the draft box during my pick at 18th overall but was worried about his size and took Glennie instead.
And to think, I got him AND a 2nd round pick, for McCabe in his contract year, Guillaume Latendresse and a bit of cap.

grachev goes #6jeff has no idea who to pick. I would have liked to take him at #7, but there was literally no reason to ever consider moving up to take the guy at 6th.

completely updated the OP for anyone interested in seeing how the two drafts have gone so far. I broke down and made a notepad file of all the team names/owners so the process is quicker and painless.

grachev goes #6jeff has no idea who to pick. I would have liked to take him at #7, but there was literally no reason to ever consider moving up to take the guy at 6th.
I would have listened to offers.Still will. :club:

Grachev was one of the names on my short list for 12th overall, I still have a couple of guys on my board before I start seriously listening to offers to trade back.

Wow, it's amazing how Grachev came out of nowhere. Even with the supplemental draft last year, he got skipped over in the FCHL draft (imagine if one of those expansion GMs would have gotten wind of him!). Plus, he wasn't listed in THN's Future Watch for the Rangers top 10 prospects last in 2008. Now he's a top 10 pick. That's ridiculous. Is there something I'm missing? This seems hard to believe.

Wow, it's amazing how Grachev came out of nowhere. Even with the supplemental draft last year, he got skipped over in the FCHL draft (imagine if one of those expansion GMs would have gotten wind of him!). Plus, he wasn't listed in THN's Future Watch for the Rangers top 10 prospects last in 2008. Now he's a top 10 pick. That's ridiculous. Is there something I'm missing? This seems hard to believe.
john is a homer for NYR prospects. I would have taken a real hard look at grachev #7, don't know for sure who I would have picked though.I found out about grachev mid-season and had him on my radar before he was brought up in the FCHL2 draft... did NOT expect him to go this high either.

If I had the 3rd overall pick in this draft, and I didn't trade back, I would have taken Grachev with it. You can't ignore a power forward who scored 40-40-80 in the OHL this year, the only knock on him in his draft year was the question of whether he would come over from Russia or not. As he played the entire season in Brampton, I would say the question is answered. I honestly thought I had a shot at him at 12th overall (definitely would have been my pick in that spot), but I guess he never would have made it past #9 anyway.