barry greenstiens son trying to break into poker

http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a....php?a_id=14750It seems that Barry Greenstien's son wants to get into the poker world. So Cardplayer magazine gave him his own column to let us all know what his progress is. It is my opinion that this is dumb. If this wasn't in Cardplayer I would think its is a kid in RPG.....you know the " how I turn 5 bucks into 1000 on UB in 30 days" Wow what pipe dreams. Barry I don't like you and now I don't like your whiny kid. I think he wants me to feel bad for him cause you wouldn't play any poker games with him. I am wondering if you, Joe Sebok , failed at something else in life and now you must do what dad does because you think your pompous father will help you build a bankroll and get you into the game you have probably listened to many stories about. Before you continue with your dumb articles i suggest you read some continuing posts on RPG that have the title " I will turn a freeroll win on FTP into a full time bankroll in 10 days" fail and let all us less privelegd have it documented Justin Smith

Thanks for the link! I actually enjoyed the column.He's a "kid" but he's not a child. The article reads very frank and and is well written. Go ahead an mock him for his skills... but, those are yet to be seen.

I wont ever knock BG's poker skills but his attitude needs some work. He thinks that just because someone is good at tourneys that they arent actually good poker players. He has made a ton of money playing cash games but in his egos sake wont admit how tourney players and cash game players are both good in their own right.

Just from glancing over the article, I don't see any self-rightouesness or pompous attitude. Remember, it's not his biological kid, that makes the difference :club:

OP is a troll too. He posted an identical post on 2+2. too.I'd like to hear what his plans are. I'm not sure a race is what Joe has in mind but it's got to be better than the "pro" ESPN hired to write.

OP is a troll too. He posted an identical post on 2+2. too.I'd like to hear what his plans are. I'm not sure a race is what Joe has in mind but it's got to be better than the "pro" ESPN hired to write.
hey don't kill on jackpot jay, i find his writings very interesting and well-written. nobody ever said he was a pro, he admits he's not, he's simply learning the game and writing about his adventures playing along with tales from his life and implements how lessons he learns playing poker relate to lessons he's learned in life.
hey don't kill on jackpot jay, i find his writings very interesting and well-written.
(sw)
im talking about jackpot jay who writes a column every tuesday on espn.com, and from a writing standpoint, not poker standpoint, they are well-written.
Barry I don't like you and now I don't like your whiny kid.
you know who i really don't like,YOUR WHINY AZZ!! :club:
Ok maybe i was a little harsh but it was late and the article hit me the wrong way. I do think that an article about how Robert Varkoni thinks floorpeople should wear a ref outfit would fill the huge advertisment they call cardplayer . Also, i dont see why we need a real life RPGStory the "How i turned $10 into $1000 in 20 days on UB" cause thats all the article is.
hey don't kill on jackpot jay, i find his writings very interesting and well-written.
(sw)
im talking about jackpot jay who writes a column every tuesday on espn.com, and from a writing standpoint, not poker standpoint, they are well-written.
His "articles" the last few months have been a terrible read. This week's article took the cake, he writes one column a week and that's what he came up with?
His "articles" the last few months have been a terrible read. This week's article took the cake, he writes one column a week and that's what he came up with?
I used to read Jackpot Jay but he's been in a steady downtrend for awhile now. I think that it conincided with the bad beats that he took when he ventured into the online world.He's never recovered. And I read about five lines of this week's article before saying "Next". It was terrible.

Is it just me or is anyone else reading between the lines of that article a bit and seeing some deep seated relationship issues there?Michael

i, for one, cant imagine how his articles could be any worse than anything robert varkonyi wrote. The guy is among the worst ever to win the main event, i guess next Hal Fowler gets an article. Its quite humbling to know that ive been reading studying and playing the game for countless hours the past 7 yrs, and in one lucky week varkonyi won more than ill probably ever win at poker, years and years of grinding getting money in with small edges, he has one lucky week and hes writing articles for cardplayer. I guess his articles could be useful to a poker player if he ever ran out of toilet paper.