I Lost Some Weight.

I've gone from 260 to 210 since the first of the year. By far the biggest breakthrough for me was the discovery that a calorie is a calorie no matter when it is consumed and that the whole "never eat late at night" philosophy is largely an urban legend. I am sure that can be a useful rule for those that have a tendency to eat really high calorie foods at night after eating normally throughout the day, but this shit boils down to a straight up math problem of calories in vs. calories burned.Now, i know that everyone says you should eat several small meals throughout the day to promote a healthy metabolism and I am sure that works for a lot of people. Me? I will be hungry at night regardless of whether I eat a large breakfast and a large lunch, several small meals throughout the day or nothing at all. I have never eaten breakfast because I am just never hungry in the mornings, so i just started eating a very small lunch and consuming the vast majority of my calories at night when I really want to eat. I might eat 1500-2000 calories between 8pm and 10pm but I just don't eat a whole lot throughout the day. So after I made this discovery, I started eating much less during the day (which was not at all difficult for me) and I started to see results quickly. Now, what I am about to say pains me to type and I know it is not what anyone wants to hear, but after I stopped drinking during the week the weight just freaking fell off me.I know that everyone is different, but I have found this to be the easiest (and quite frankly only) way for me to lose weight.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap what was your weight before?
Don't feel too bad about it, he did have a leg amputated.
wow, 142! I'm 6 feet tall and 212 lbs. i don't think I've ever been 142 fully grown. i have a friend like you, he just can't gain weight. He's on protein shakes and weight gainer shakes and working out with me. seems to help, he's gain 10 pounds in 2 months. obv. he's ripped. congrats GGW! and yah, what was your weight b4?
thanks guys! :)My heaviest was 375 and my doctor wants me down to 150. :club:
I just wanted to share because I know some people out there struggle with losing weight. I actually found it pretty easy to do.
lol
He can tell you, but it will cost $3,000.
But he won't actually tell you for that $3,000...it's more like he counsels you on how to figure out the way to do it on your own. They're life lessons, not lessons on how to lose weight. Because losing weight is actually pretty easy to do.
i have a friend like you, he just can't gain weight. He's on protein shakes and weight gainer shakes and working out with me. seems to help, he's gain 10 pounds in 2 months. obv. he's ripped.
seriously, seriously hate people like that. I've got several friends like that. it's like, I eat a piece of chocolate around them and they're like "haha, fatass" and I just wanna yell "you motherfucker you eat 6 big macs a god damn day and wash them down with milkshakes and you're still a hundred and twenty pounds of pure fag and I hope you fucking die you scumba... I should stop here.
seriously, seriously hate people like that. I've got several friends like that. it's like, I eat a piece of chocolate around them and they're like "haha, fatass" and I just wanna yell "you motherfucker you eat 6 big macs a god damn day and wash them down with milkshakes and you're still a hundred and twenty pounds of pure fag and I hope you fucking die you scumba... I should stop here.
describes this kid.
This is just great!
No really ... continue
I've gone from 260 to 210 since the first of the year. By far the biggest breakthrough for me was the discovery that a calorie is a calorie no matter when it is consumed and that the whole "never eat late at night" philosophy is largely an urban legend. I am sure that can be a useful rule for those that have a tendency to eat really high calorie foods at night after eating normally throughout the day, but this shit boils down to a straight up math problem of calories in vs. calories burned.Now, i know that everyone says you should eat several small meals throughout the day to promote a healthy metabolism and I am sure that works for a lot of people. Me? I will be hungry at night regardless of whether I eat a large breakfast and a large lunch, several small meals throughout the day or nothing at all. I have never eaten breakfast because I am just never hungry in the mornings, so i just started eating a very small lunch and consuming the vast majority of my calories at night when I really want to eat. I might eat 1500-2000 calories between 8pm and 10pm but I just don't eat a whole lot throughout the day. So after I made this discovery, I started eating much less during the day (which was not at all difficult for me) and I started to see results quickly. Now, what I am about to say pains me to type and I know it is not what anyone wants to hear, but after I stopped drinking during the week the weight just freaking fell off me.I know that everyone is different, but I have found this to be the easiest (and quite frankly only) way for me to lose weight.
Wow, do you just sit around and do nothing all day? You must feel lethargic like ALL of the time. The reason to eat more in the morning and afternoon is to give yourself energy to get through the day and to actually do stuff. If you're actually able to operate like that than good on ya, and nice job on losing the weight, but it still doesn't seem healthy to me.
Wow, do you just sit around and do nothing all day? You must feel lethargic like ALL of the time. The reason to eat more in the morning and afternoon is to give yourself energy to get through the day and to actually do stuff. If you're actually able to operate like that than good on ya, and nice job on losing the weight, but it still doesn't seem healthy to me.
Well, i do have a desk job, but I run almost every day after work and i never feel lethargic (I do drink at least 32 oz of black coffee every morning). And I always eat lunch, I just make certain I am eating clean, typically some combination of chicken, brown rice, fruit and broccoli.
congrats steve. I've lost 94 lbs as of this morning and I can tell you, losing weight makes you feel so much better! :club:
wtg , kiddo keep up the good work
it will catch up with them, trust methe one thing I was active as a teen and young girl. Especially when I played hockey and baseball. The worse thing I did was give up my exercise and sports. All the weight I lost before my surgery I felt the energy level change and got to feeling the improvement as the weight dropped the exercising became easier again. This time I won't be giving it up ever again and I will stick to the 6-8 small meals for energy and to keep my metabolism up to where it should be.for people who use drugs to keep skinny the Dexidrine and coke etc, the damage to your liver, and other organs, especially your sex organs well I will not go there....
Well, i do have a desk job, but I run almost every day after work and i never feel lethargic (I do drink at least 32 oz of black coffee every morning). And I always eat lunch, I just make certain I am eating clean, typically some combination of chicken, brown rice, fruit and broccoli.
Ah that makes more sense. Keep it up!
This is just great!
Say something interesting. I fucking dare you. Just try for one day to post only when it adds value. Nobody cares whether you find Sal's rants amusing. Your validation means absolutely nothing to him or anyone else. I want to be very clear, here. If I quoted Sal's post and said, "That's hilarious," it would be of significantly more value than if you did it, Kurt, because my opinion matters way more than yours to the people that matter in this equation (in order of importance: me, Sal, the reading public).God I fucking hate you. I'm allowed to, because I hate myself as well. Most of the time when I post nonsense, I'm doing it to shame myself. That has value to me (the shame) and others (the laughing at me because I am a loser). Perhaps I'm overestimating the schadenfreudenous benefits of my public misfortunes, but I'm still positive I bring more to the table with my worthless posts than you do with your best. Also: you are ugly. Me too, but I am worried you might not understand how physically unattractive you are. You seem like the kinda guy who secretly thinks he could be a model for short-people clothing or something.
Say something interesting. I fucking dare you. Just try for one day to post only when it adds value. Nobody cares whether you find Sal's rants amusing. Your validation means absolutely nothing to him or anyone else. I want to be very clear, here. If I quoted Sal's post and said, "That's hilarious," it would be of significantly more value than if you did it, Kurt, because my opinion matters way more than yours to the people that matter in this equation (in order of importance: me, Sal, the reading public).God I fucking hate you. I'm allowed to, because I hate myself as well. Most of the time when I post nonsense, I'm doing it to shame myself. That has value to me (the shame) and others (the laughing at me because I am a loser). Perhaps I'm overestimating the schadenfreudenous benefits of my public misfortunes, but I'm still positive I bring more to the table with my worthless posts than you do with your best. Also: you are ugly. Me too, but I am worried you might not understand how physically unattractive you are. You seem like the kinda guy who secretly thinks he could be a model for short-people clothing or something.
this is so great.

What's funny to me, is that when I made that post, is that I knew it would annoy someone, because I knew that you think my posts are just useless. Which you're right about. I know this. They don't need to appreciate my praise, I'm just throwing it out there. But I'll try to be a little more articulate and thoughtful in the future, just for you.As for the whole model thing... that's a no. I wish.

Sorry for the delayed response.I essentially just learned how to eat healthy. Lots of salad, fruits, etc. Smaller meals. Eating several times a day, working on portion control. I used to eat pretty unhealthy, so I had to learn what foods were good for me. And after awhile it just started working. They say your first ten pounds are free. But for the most part, it's just been eating smaller sensible meals. I used to lose weight a lot easier when I was younger. So now I really had to focus.Glad that I'm not a mod any more........DratJ or whatever your name is. Feel free never to respond to one of my threads again. I view you as the most pathetic individual to troll a poker site. You serve no purpose. Seriously.

it will catch up with them, trust me
you've never seen a skinny old person?
Glad that I'm not a mod any more........DratJ or whatever your name is. Feel free never to respond to one of my threads again. I view you as the most pathetic individual to troll a poker site. You serve no purpose. Seriously.
well I'll be damned.also, has anybody else noticed that wang and suited up don't seem to get along? I'm sensing something there.
also, has anybody else noticed that wang and suited up don't seem to get along? I'm sensing something there.
Yeah, I don't get along with my ex, either.
This sounds obnoxious. it's like saying "I lost weight so easily while most people have to watch what they eat all the time and go to the gym to see results" my sentitments exactly.lol. It's clearly a brag post about how easily he can lose weight without trying while the rest of the world has to watch what they eat and go to the gym. There's really no secret to losing weight. just create a 500 calorie deficit a day to lose 1 lb per week. 1000 calorie deficit a day to lose 2 lbs per week. prob anymore is not healthy in the long term and you will gain the weight back easily. checkout the gym thread and go to bodybuilding.com for some good advice even if you are not bodybuilding. I'm not going to lie, it's hard work and requires discipline. lol. interesting. i guess that's why rock stars are so thin.
Dratj, do you just follow Steve around and just nit-pick at his posts? Kinda sucks.
Sorry for the delayed response.I essentially just learned how to eat healthy. Lots of salad, fruits, etc. Smaller meals. Eating several times a day, working on portion control. I used to eat pretty unhealthy, so I had to learn what foods were good for me. And after awhile it just started working. They say your first ten pounds are free. But for the most part, it's just been eating smaller sensible meals. I used to lose weight a lot easier when I was younger. So now I really had to focus.Glad that I'm not a mod any more........DratJ or whatever your name is. Feel free never to respond to one of my threads again. I view you as the most pathetic individual to troll a poker site. You serve no purpose. Seriously.
Daaaaaaaaammmmmmmmn!!!!friday.jpg
If this was written while drunk its just okay, if it was written while sober its beyond fantastic.
you've never seen a skinny old person?
Sal such a question especially from you lol, My step son's and exhusband where eating machinces, all 6 ft or taller and ate everything in site. I was jealously that's all. I would watch my son's put down a huge steak with all the fixings and a hour or 2 later be straving again and eat left overs. I would have 1/3 of what they ate and gain, while they never gained anything. But one thing I have notice now is the beer is catching up with them as they are now 30 lolI was also speaking from my own experiences as well, because I have a love for food and can no longer subject my body to that type of habit from the past.people who can eat and not gain I do envy because it's was such a hard struggle for me for the last 20 yrs. But now I am into more healthier habits So let them eat. :club:
Sal such a question especially from you lol, My step son's and exhusband where eating machinces, all 6 ft or taller and ate everything in site. I was jealously that's all. I would watch my son's put down a huge steak with all the fixings and a hour or 2 later be straving again and eat left overs. I would have 1/3 of what they ate and gain, while they never gained anything. But one thing I have notice now is the beer is catching up with them as they are now 30 lolI was also speaking from my own experiences as well, because I have a love for food and can no longer subject my body to that type of habit from the past.people who can eat and not gain I do envy because it's was such a hard struggle for me for the last 20 yrs. But now I am into more healthier habits So let them eat. :5c
:club::ts:4h