two things really piss me off slow rolling the four of a kind when i push all in with top full and acting like you have a tough choice wheather to call or not when were the only two in the pot. not only slow rolling i guess any form of grandstanding just pisses me off.a close second it the guy who folded telling someone else what to do durning the play of a hand that just about makes me want to fight, normally i tell them that is rude and please don't do it again while i am here, or even the guy that moans and growns when he woudl have hit his 7 2 flop ya that bugs me too.other minor things are when your in a sng and go bust to a suck out som clown has to add some smart a ss side comment and there is nothing you can do about at that time, he usally then makes my buddy list.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What stupid, little things do you find annoying you at the table?I'd have to say slow, unaware play. I don't mind someone taking their time to make a decision, but we have a guy in our home game who has to have his name called 8 or 9 times per hour. We have to tell him the action is on him, we tell him to deal the cards, we tell him to cut the cards. He's usually talking, watching TV or daydreaming. He's a nice guy, so we try not to be too harsh.
people who have $$$$ to sit down and play poker. but have no $$$$ to buy soap and wash their stinky a ssssssssessssss i cant stand to sit down or someone to sit down and i have too smell B.O.

Yeah the only thing that really annoys me are the guys gicing advice tothe table and riding other players who are playing bad. Lat night i was playing 6.12 at B and M and we had a calling station at the table and of the classic young wannabes kept calling the guy a calling station and make ridculing him for the way he played. There are oly 1 million articles explaining how stupid it is to make fun of a bad player and it cdrivesme crazy when ithappens as at moment he could get up and leave the card room or change tables. People we want the guys drawing to longshots at the table even if he sucks out on you 20 times.

This happens a lot online. Like the other night, I am playing in a tournament on UB. I get dealt AK in middle position, and raise to 3X BB with one caller, the guy directly to my right. Board comes out very weak, something like 2-4-8 rainbow, and the guy checks to me, and I put out a pot sized bet, figuring my overs are good. He immediatly raises, and I fold, and the guy shows me trip nines. He played them well. Then I get some idiot at the table telling me what a moron I am for falling for the slowplay, when what I really did was make a good laydown and know when I was beat. People should STFU at the table--I certainly don't need a coach, and especially from a guy that isn't even in the effin hand.EDIT: trip 8s, not nines. My bad.

1 .I absolutely HATE when the showdown becomes the staredown and everyone's thumbs are up their ...2. Just as bad is when someone shows one card instead of both at the showdown ... these people annoy the hell out of me.3. Also, have you seen anyone do this? When the dealer will deal out the entire hand before it happens ... as in, deal the hole cards out, then proceed to put out the 5 board cards face down. Don't know exactly why, but it annoys me greatly (and makes the burn cards pointless).4. when someone leans their arms on the table, concealing their cards (or hides their hole cards in any way ... behind chips, off table, etc), which causes everyone after them to act out of turn

1 - When you fold, and the other player says "good fold".. How the censored would u know buddy??..
Because I had the stone cold nuts. I know you didn't, because you folded.That wasn't so hard, was it?Mensch
You cant tell someone "good fold" and expect them to feel good about themselves.. I dont give 2 shits if u have the stone cold nuts or not., Its the principle of looking at someone after you take their money and saying that. Its like kicking them in the nuts and telling them, good curdle position.Or how bout.,, Good divorce.. Maybe it was smart., but no one usually feels good about a divorce.. Same with folding. sure i like to save myself money., but really. who enjoys folding?That wasnt so hard , was it?

I can not stand when somebody limps in with AA and then gets totally irate and verbally abusive because someone hits trips or two pair on the flop. They usually say the following, "How do you call with that crap?" . . . "I had you dominated!" . . . "Everytime I get aces I get sucked out on!" . . . "That was Bull%$@&!" . . . or the best . . . "I should have raised your a$$" . . . DUHHHHHH . . . ya think!!

here's my brief list:1. card/chip hiders and movers: keep your cards and chips on the table, in sight, at all times.2. unaware players: others have commented on this, but it also drives me nuts when someone has to keep asking what the chips are worth 2 hours into the game. you're here playing for real money. those chips are real money. figure out and remember what they're worth or don't bother showing up. (this category also covers the actors-out-of-turn, the ones who need reminders about the blinds, and the ones who don't know they're UTG...)3. drama queens: people who call with comments like, "ooooh, ooookay!" when you KNOW they have sh*t or are drawing because they stared at the flop and at their cards for 3 mins.4. when the people in #3 suck out on you.5. table drunks and beer spillers: need i say more? they're usually guilty of all of the above pet peeves, too!6. the hat/sunglasses people in totally needless situations: if you're playing against a bunch of friends in a low stakes home game, leave the accoutrements at home. they're probably going to know when you're bluffing or if you have a monster hand whether you're wearing that flight helmet with the visor down or not.7. poker professors: i don't mind it so much if someone tries to discuss a hand after it's over if the stakes are low or it's a bunch of friends. i hate it when someone starts lecturing otherwise. even worse is when the professor tries to give someone some help and it's clear that the person isn't even understanding the advice they're being given.8. cutesy players: this kind of goes along with #3, but i have played a few times with a guy who, when he deals, burns a card, then pronounces, "floppy, schmoppy, and doppy!" i am not making this up and i disinvited him from my game.9. people who refuse to follow the rules. i've played at a guy's house where he not only decided since it was his game that he didn't need to burn a card before the flop and between the flop/turn/river but that he also didn't need to make sure the deck was complete before starting. i wasted 3 hours playing in this asshead's game with the ace of spades still sitting in the box. rest assured this affected me more than most of the novices at the table, also. again, i am not making this up. i don't think i'll go back after that debacle--the guy whose game it was won. at least the buy-in was cheap.i bet with enough time i could think of 20 more.

i hate the slow roll more than anything... i mean really if you have the nuts call immediately flip your cards over take the pot and lets move on to the next hand

-When jay weber puts an "x" where a K should be in my name-When jay weber signs online at 4am-when jay weber responds to an instant message 2 days after it was sent, thinking it just happened
ROFLMAO Ohhhh man... Regarding the last one... I would say that was funny... But it's happened a few times so.. Those are funny :club: Sorry dKe!

1 table omaha sngSeat 1: TIM237 (3080 in chips) Seat 3: BollyStolli (1020 in chips) Seat 5: bulldog999 (2810 in chips) Seat 6: Beamen00 (600 in chips) Seat 7: pdking (4100 in chips) Seat 8: Allison23917 (1020 in chips) Seat 9: nanaM (870 in chips) bulldog999: posts small blind 15Beamen00: posts big blind 30*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to bulldog999 [6c 5c Ad 7h]pdking: calls 30Allison23917: calls 30nanaM: calls 30TIM237: calls 30BollyStolli: calls 30bulldog999: calls 15Beamen00: checks *** FLOP *** [8h 3d 4c]bulldog999: checks Beamen00: bets 210pdking: folds Allison23917: folds nanaM: folds TIM237: calls 210BollyStolli: folds bulldog999: calls 210*** TURN *** [8h 3d 4c] [Ac]bulldog999: checks Beamen00: bets 360 and is all-inTIM237: calls 360bulldog999: calls 360*** RIVER *** [8h 3d 4c Ac] [Tc]bulldog999: checks TIM237: checks *** SHOW DOWN ***bulldog999: shows [6c 5c Ad 7h] (a flush, Ace high)Beamen00: shows [8c 4h 6d Th] (two pair, Tens and Eights)Beamen00 said, "lord"TIM237: mucks hand Hand history showed [As 4s 3s 10d] (two pair, Aces and Fours)Beamen00 said, "why r u calling me"bulldog999 collected 1920 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 1920 | Rake 0 Board [8h 3d 4c Ac Tc]Seat 1: TIM237 mucked [Td 3s As 4s]Seat 3: BollyStolli (button) folded on the FlopSeat 5: bulldog999 (small blind) showed [6c 5c Ad 7h] and won (1920) with a flush, Ace highSeat 6: Beamen00 (big blind) showed [8c 4h 6d Th] and lost with two pair, Tens and EightsSeat 7: pdking folded on the FlopSeat 8: Allison23917 folded on the FlopSeat 9: nanaM folded on the FlopI just type in "pot odds" and continue to be berated by about half the people at the table for the next few hands. I know I should just be thankful to be playing with idiots but it is still annoying.I had 13 outs on the flop to make a straight which figures to beat the short-stacked guy and the other player is only calling so I don't read him as being strong.CardPlayer tells me I'm the favorite after the flop at 44%.The turn also gives me a flush draw giving me more outs and I'm tied for being the favorite now at 47%.I hit the flush on the river that no one else has. Every step of the way I was getting better than the right price to call but half the table is still telling me how lucky I am including both people in the hand.In an unfortunate twist of irony I get down to the final two after having frigid cards pretty much ever since this hand and am down about 2-1 in chips to the other douchenozzle that was in the aforementioned hand with me. I go all in with a straight after the turn and he calls and rivers a flush. Not a peep out of him when he sucks out.

There's this one guy at my home game and whenever he loses to a bad beat, for some reason, everytime, he starts urinating on the table and berating the other players.I totally hate that. Ugh.

I play in a home game a couple times a week, and witht he group I play with, if i raise trying to bluff the peron I am trying to bluff will show the hand around to everyone and ask for there opionions, usually calling jsut because someone may haev a read on what i have done... it drives me crazy but they all think its o.k

There's one guy in my home game that looks at the card he is dealing before showing it to anyone else on the turn and river, especially when it's a big pot or important situation. Then he rolls it over slowly. Drives me absolutely ballistic.

This has kinda been mentioned, but players that take forever that make calls. And when I try (it's my home game so I feel the need to) and speed them up by saying "it's on you" or something, I've gotten comments that players on TV take time. Yea, they do because:1) They are playing for a CRAP LOAD of money!!2) They are calcualting odds, etc. in their head. You are thinking "should I call or not?"People that say raise when it is check to them and they are making a BET. I don't know why, it just bothers me.People that don't know what a "bad beat" is.People that yell "ship it!" when they when a pot. (OSUers will only know this.)People that sting bet.People that splash the pot.People that go "aaaaaah" when they folded pre-flop and xxy hit the flop. Hmmm, do you think they folded an x??People that grab their folded cards off the table to show someone else. Once again, Hmmm, do you think they made a good hand?People that say they "lose 9 out of 10 times with Aces".People that can't drive. (I'm sure some of them play poker, so I thought I'd include this here.)People that bend their cards so hard to look at them, they look like a banana on the table. At least bend them back when you fold!!Ok, I'm done....

yea splashing the pot irks me too.my weds. night game i try to keep everyone bets in front of them til the betting round is over so that if there is a raise etc its easy to see what's the amount.i've done this like 10 weeks str8 minimum 3hrs each time and the fuckers still throw thier bets in.

When the pot has nothing but blinds or maybe a couple bets in it, and a player bets out and wins without a showdown and he selects to show his cards because he was bluffing. Good for you! Look how many chips you got from me, your awesome! (mainly online)

Guest XXEddie

I get annoyed when othewrs get annoyed when someone takes the full 30 secs to play....i agree if the do it everytime but seriously I cant stand it when others cant stand to wait for 30 secs

Guest XXEddie
When the pot has nothing but blinds or maybe a couple bets in it, and a player bets out and wins without a showdown and he selects to show his cards because he was bluffing. Good for you! Look how many chips you got from me, your awesome! (mainly online)
i love it when they do that in a dry side pot
Guest XXEddie
There's one guy in my home game that looks at the card he is dealing before showing it to anyone else on the turn and river, especially when it's a big pot or important situation. Then he rolls it over slowly. Drives me absolutely ballistic.
my bro does that.....I LOVE IT especially when hes in the hand he gives off so much info

I hate this more than anything!When your in a sit n go or final table of a tournament and each place means money, when a short stack is all-in and two players call and one bluffs at nothing so now the short stack doubles up... GREAT!When all it take is a check down to eliminate a player and we all get paid. Why don't people understand this. (If you have a strong hand and believe your hand is best thats different, but with second or middle pair just check)If it means more money, make the all-in player beat 4 cards.