Ripleys Believe It Or Not!

this.If the OP was 'I played outta my roll and lost every and then won $11 Tournament Dollars and turned that into $3,500 playing out of his roll, and then lost it again EVERYONE would be saying that OP is retarded.The fact that it turned out good for OP this time doesn't make him smart.
I agree im in no way a smart man but its not like this happens to be on a daily
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this morning I got up and burned 1 of your many hundred $bills just so i can say i burned RDog's money lol think what you want i havent worked since 05 so somehow there bigger donks than me on the tables imagine that round 2 sir (ding ding)
Wow. First-class d-bag.
I'm honestly surprised so many people are taking DM's side on this.
this.If the OP was 'I played outta my roll and lost every and then won $11 Tournament Dollars and turned that into $3,500 playing out of my roll, and then lost it again' EVERYONE would be saying that OP is retarded.The fact that it turned out good for OP this time doesn't make him smart.
So guys believe it or not ... I almost broke even today!
Fyp. And congrats on the salvation of your roll. I remember the Al Pacino line from the gambling flick where he points out that it's not the big win that makes you feel "alive", it's the big loss.
If OP really hasnt had to work since 2005 he must be doing something right.
He's cashed his welfare cheques on time obv.

I'M FURIOUS WITH THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU BULLET POINT STYLE.:club: Nobody AIM'd me that this was going on. I have to read the thread after the fact. Weak.:ts Taking sides and fighting over this makes you a fag. No matter which side you take.:4h RDog is a great guy and offers great advice. He also has awesome hoodiez.:5c DMFloopped regularly stakes people in tournaments. And he's a degen. Nothing wrong with a degen.:3h Criticizing anyone's play from a single HU match makes you look like a huge douchebag.:qh Running like God and rubbing it someone's face makes you a douchebag too.:D I look forward to the rematch. BINK.

If OP really hasnt had to work since 2005 he must be doing something right. Also, I wish i were as smart as dinkdonk
Obviously that something is NOT poker. I don't care how good you are, you will always go broke if you can't stop playing out of your roll.
Obviously that something is NOT poker. I don't care how good you are, you will always go broke if you can't stop playing out of your roll.
I agree completely
The funny thing is if someone came on and posted "Hey everyone look at me, I am burning $100 bills!!!" there would be a resounding number of "You're retarded" posts but because this one is wrapped in a nice poker fairy tale that everyone wants to believe can happen to them, then it becomes "wrong" to call it like it is. It might be my $100 bills now and I hate to break it to the rest of you but OP is burning $100 bills.
As a professional poker player, I am not sure why you would ever want to encourage anyone, other that yourself, to practise proper bankroll management.In fact, why say anything to the OP at all? What is there to gain by it?
As a professional poker player, I am not sure why you would ever want to encourage anyone, other that yourself, to practise proper bankroll management.In fact, why say anything to the OP at all? What is there to gain by it?
I would agree. But OP has done this before and went bust. If that doesn't stop him. A bunch of people on the internet won't either. If anything, it will just encourage OP to do it again so he can post another thread.
Seriously? This is a poker forum. By this logic, why do we ever attempt to help each other at all?
Meh, I'm done. Tell your buddy I said GG. If he wants to sit at my tables/play me during the regular course of my playing, I won't deny him action but it just isn't worth all the drama like this.
Cross posting from Challenge Thread so you guys aren't all waiting for another "match". This was in response to one of Tank4Daze's posts in there.
Rose is that you?
No, I am not that crazy with my bankroll lol
I'M FURIOUS WITH THIS FORUM RIGHT NOW.LET ME BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU BULLET POINT STYLE.:club: Nobody AIM'd me that this was going on. I have to read the thread after the fact. Weak.:ts Taking sides and fighting over this makes you a fag. No matter which side you take.:4h RDog is a great guy and offers great advice. He also has awesome hoodiez.:5c DMFloopped regularly stakes people in tournaments. And he's a degen. Nothing wrong with a degen.:3h Criticizing anyone's play from a single HU match makes you look like a huge douchebag.:qh Running like God and rubbing it someone's face makes you a douchebag too.:D I look forward to the rematch. BINK.
nicely put
Seriously? This is a poker forum. By this logic, why do we ever attempt to help each other at all?
So, what you are saying is that you understand my point?Not sure if you noticed but online poker used to be a lot easier 2-3+ years ago. I think you can probably agree that the increase in poker ability of the average player is largely due to other players (the competition) offering guidance on forums like this, in books, on training sites, etc. I would argue that a lot of the time (not all of the time) players are offering their knowledge as a way to stroke their intellectual egos. I think they are putting their selfish need to prove their intelligence ahead of what is actually good for their own game.How do you think it would play out if Ben Roethlisberger started to share some of his favourite plays on an Internet forum before games or Tiger Woods started personally coaching Phil Mickelson (probably not the best analogies but I think it makes my point)?
So, what you are saying is that you understand my point?Not sure if you noticed but online poker used to be a lot easier 2-3+ years ago. I think you can probably agree that the increase in poker ability of the average player is largely due to other players (the competition) offering guidance on forums like this, in books, on training sites, etc. I would argue that a lot of the time (not all of the time) players are offering their knowledge as a way to stroke their intellectual egos. I think they are putting their selfish need to prove their intelligence ahead of what is actually good for their own game.How do you think it would play out if Ben Roethlisberger started to share some of his favourite plays on an Internet forum before games or Tiger Woods started personally coaching Phil Mickelson (probably not the best analogies but I think it makes my point)?
I think you are overlooking the fact that having discussions and explaining thought processes actually help people teach themselves and further their own game.And yes, while there is sure to be some people who need to stoke their ego in any way imaginable, and it might be slightly -EV to help others learn, it is not like there is no information anywhere for people to learn the game - it is everywhere like you said.Also, just being given information doesn't mean that people are capable of distilling it and applying it to their own gamePlus some people are just nice. :club:
Yeah, I understand your point completely, but why post at a poker forum if you're not interested in helping others learn the way that they help you learn? And honestly, who cares if someone is offering you help for their own selfish reasons? The fact remains that they are helping. And I can say 100% that I help others here because it helps me to process and advance my own thoughts. If you don't want to contribute to the advancement of other players, that's fine and I completely understand that, but don't expect them to help you. It's a bit of a trade-off, an exchange of information. In helping others you receive help yourself, and if you choose not to, you'll have a bit tougher of a road yourself.And nope. I haven't noticed any difference in the games over the past 2 years. :club: