the antonio esfandiari saga continues......

this guy should be sent back to Irac. i hope you guys would email the idiot sponsors who endorse him. let them know that you will never play on their sites if his "camel" face is on their products!!!!!
That's the funniest shit I've ever read.Im not a racist.
  • Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow..... words just cant describe what i'm feeling after reading that...oh waitDOUCHECLOWNI dont even think I need to be witty here. Rocks and Rings? 1.4? Paying homage? I'm absolutely stunned...011.gif

That could quite be the dorkiest thing I have ever seen. It like a guy who gives himself a nickname in hopes that it makes him cool. I could see him saying "Hey guys, from now on call me the Magician". Lame, Lame, Lame...Oh by the way I am definately a Budget Boy, as I always ask what stuff costs before I buy it. :club:

Especially when it comes to the whole dictionary, and one of the words is "1.4." I keep flashing back to the numbnuts lackey Dutch Boyd had at the 2003 series that was pointing at him going "He played like a champion!" Really, don't these people have something better to do than bask in the glory of one of their buddies?

ROFLMAO! What a loser!He talks about hitting the best spots and then goes on to review bars in winnipeg.Wooooo! Going to winnipeg.  Clown shoes.
I was on the fence about Antonio until I read this. I mean, acting like Vince Vaughn in "Swingers" isn't really THAT bad...hell, it might even work on some women. But Winnipeg? Maybe next time he'll talk about that time he hotwired with 3 hot babies while bashing some docker wearing fool reading "Play Tight to Win" in Gary. Or that time he shut down the club over in Cedar Rapids. I'll bet in high school, he put rims on his Taurus.

Wasn't this guy a birthday party magician sleeping in a car just a few years ago???Former Budget Boy....oh yeah, and total douche clown.

Wasn't this guy a birthday party magician sleeping in a car just a few years ago???Former Budget Boy....oh yeah, and total douche clown.
no, he was a dancing waiter, whatever the hell that is. magic was just a weekend gig. :club:
Ha! :club: My prediction:This moron will be broke within the next year. :D One thing is for sure, he sure does make himself easy to dislike.
First off I agree with everyone who says he is immature...and needs no ego boost...and quite possibly a douche bag...but...If he is broke in a year because he spent millions on Hot women, Cocaine, Cars, World Travel, Cigars and Cognac,....well, good for him....frankly I'm pretty much broke now and it's from a mortgage payment, an oil changed, a tooth filling, a bus pass, case of Bud, nicorette, and splugging on a night out at the movies where I bought the LARGE popcorn for 10 f@%$ing bones.KK

Winnipeg? Wow. I know there are some hot girls in the 'peg, but to do a review on that city when he has Vegas, LA, NY, San Fran and Monte Carlo? This chick must have given him some beeeerains or something, maybe she's got his baby? The bars there aren't that great, typical big city bars. Renae summed it up good, DOUCHECLOWN. I went to Winnipeg for a girl, but the place isn't "Rocks & Rings".Winnipeg is the Slurpee Capital though.

It happened like this. Antonio was checking a newspaper one day and read some advice columnist's wet suggestion that a couple seek "communication counseling" to resolve their differences. "Bullshit on that," thought Antonio. "If it ain't working, you've got to just kick 'em to the curb and move on!" Harsh advice, maybe, but honest. And that's when Antonio realized that the world -- especially the poker world -- needed an advice columnist who could, and would, tell it like it is, with no sugar coating or trying to leave egos unbruised. Thus was born Ask Antonio, the advice column where the shooting is always straight and it's always no-holds-barred.
If he is broke in a year because he spent millions on Hot women, Cocaine, Cars, World Travel, Cigars and Cognac,....well, good for him....frankly I'm pretty much broke now and it's from a mortgage payment, an oil changed, a tooth filling, a bus pass, case of Bud, nicorette, and splugging on a night out at the movies where I bought the LARGE popcorn for 10 f@%$ing bones.KK
For a quarter more, you could have gotten the extra-large

I just saw this thread and feel somewhat compelled to say a few things in the defense of a good friend of mine, Antonio Esfandiari.I've known the guy since he was playing the 5-10 limit. I loaned him the $3K to buy into the WPT Gold Rush event ... where he appeared on TV for the first time .. and totally destroyed Phil Helmuth. Antonio was fortunate enough to not only make a few final tables last year ... but to do so at PRECISELY the time that the World Poker Tour was very much in need of some young "stars", whom they could feature front and center. His story is the classic case of being in the "right place" at the "right time" .. regardless of the fact that he plays well and got pretty lucky last year ... the real "magic trick" he pulled off was in his timing. Somebody who makes a few final tables this season doesn't get NEARLY the attention .. since the WPT has already established both itself, and it's core group of hand picked "poker celebrities". Like it or not, one of these celebrities is my pal Antonio. He's young, he looks good on TV, he plays flashy and exciting poker .. in a word .. he's exactly what the WPT was looking for. Now I'm the first to agree that his decision to brag about his flashy lifestyle on his personal website is a bit over-the-top. But I can hardly blame him. He has no experience being a "celebrity" .. obviously Leonardo De Caprio doesn't make a point to discuss his personal lifestyle in public forums ... media celebrities don't do this .. for precisely the reason this flaming thread jumped up overnite. Not everbody wants to hear about the fabulous life of people they aspire to be. Such is why many many people LOATHE the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" show ... but at the same time .. can't stop tuning in every week. The show gives us the 'people we LOVE to HATE" ... their only crime being that they are more successful than we will ever hope to be .. and are not ashamed to tell us about how they live their lives.As my good friend Arlene says to me on a regular basis .. "Rob, seriously, please spare me the GHASTLY details of your happiness"Obviously everybody who flamed my friend in this thread aspires to win millions of dollars ... who doesn't want to be 'the guy' who wins all the money and gets all the girls? Such a reaction is as human as the need to tell each other bad beat stories.The name calling, the insults, the mean comments on this thread really do come across as immature 'sour grapes' .. nothing more ... nothing less.Antonio is a seriously fun guy to hang out with .. he's one of the most generous people I've met ... not only with his money, when he took ten of his pals on an all expense vacation to Costa Rica last year .. but with his time and energy. Last week, we were driving off a freeway, Antonio was in the passenger seat ... he spotted an older guy pushing his car off the ramp . Antonio made me stop so that he could jump out and help the guy ... not many people .. especially poker players .. do that sort of thing instinctively. Antonio does this sort of thing on a daily basis. He tries as hard as he can to "do the right thing". I don't think any of the people who posted their childish and degrading remarks have any clue about what it's like to become a media celebrity overnight. One's life gets totally surreal ... wherever you go .. you get to the front of the line ... pretty girls run up and want to talk to you, etc etc. And if you are a person who didn't have a lot of self esteem growing up .. which pretty much describes most everybody I know, including Antonio Esfandiari ... it's not to hard to understand that 'overnight success" leads to exactly the type of behavior that Antonio talks about on the offensive webpage that started this thread in the first place. Just pretend that you are 25, weatlhy, attractive, clever, and you appears on TV every other day. Such is a dream of most people who post here. For Antonio Esfandiari .. this dream came true. Out of the tens of thousands of young, single, talented pro poker wannabees .. this is the guy who got the gold ring. It could have been you ... but it wasnt'. Sorry. Many lottery tickets are sold, only a few people win. Winning this lottery did NOT make Antonio a villian .. nor can he be blamed for being "into" the over-the-top fun lifestyle he's crafted for himself. since then. Just realize that when you particpate in the mud-slinging and name calling that appear in the posts above .. you come across as envious ... immature ... and bitter. I would say such says as much, or more, about the nature of your character, than Antonio's bragging about his fabulous lifestyle says about his.If you wish to continue to come across as envious, immature, and bitter .. well ... flame away. Just know that me, and many other people like me consider Antonio a great friend, a strong (as well as SERIOUSLY lucky) poker player, and one of the most 'together' 25 year olds we have ever met. We forgive him for the toll this past year is taking on his ego. He's just human .. and what you see on the web page that you find so offensive is as human .. as your collective reflexive horrific reaction. Antonio was one of the 'lucky one's' .. you were not. Deal with it please. If you don't wish to hear about the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" then my advice to you is ... don't watch the show.

I just saw this thread and feel somewhat compelled to say a few things in the defense of a good friend of mine, Antonio Esfandiari.I've known the guy since he was playing the 5-10 limit. I loaned him the $3K to buy into the WPT Gold Rush event ... where he appeared on TV for the first time .. and totally destroyed Phil Helmuth. Antonio was fortunate enough to not only make a few final tables last year ... but to do so at PRECISELY the time that the World Poker Tour was very much in need of some young "stars", whom they could feature front and center. His story is the classic case of being in the "right place" at the "right time" .. regardless of the fact that he plays well and got pretty lucky last year ... the real "magic trick" he pulled off was in his timing. Somebody who makes a few final tables this season doesn't get NEARLY the attention .. since the WPT has already established both itself, and it's core group of hand picked "poker celebrities". Like it or not, one of these celebrities is my pal Antonio. He's young, he looks good on TV, he plays flashy and exciting poker .. in a word .. he's exactly what the WPT was looking for. Now I'm the first to agree that his decision to brag about his flashy lifestyle on his personal website is a bit over-the-top. But I can hardly blame him. He has no experience being a "celebrity" .. obviously Leonardo De Caprio doesn't make a point to discuss his personal lifestyle in public forums ... media celebrities don't do this .. for precisely the reason this flaming thread jumped up overnite. Not everbody wants to hear about the fabulous life of people they aspire to be. Such is why many many people LOATHE the "Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous" show ... but at the same time .. can't stop tuning in every week. The show gives us the 'people we LOVE to HATE" ... their only crime being that they are more successful than we will ever hope to be .. and are not ashamed to tell us about how they live their lives.As my good friend Arlene says to me on a regular basis .. "Rob, seriously, please spare me the GHASTLY details of your happiness"Obviously everybody who flamed my friend in this thread aspires to win millions of dollars ... who doesn't want to be 'the guy' who wins all the money and gets all the girls? Such a reaction is as human as the need to tell each other bad beat stories.The name calling, the insults, the mean comments on this thread really do come across as immature 'sour grapes' .. nothing more ... nothing less.Antonio is a seriously fun guy to hang out with .. he's one of the most generous people I've met ... not only with his money, when he took ten of his pals on an all expense vacation to Costa Rica last year .. but with his time and energy. Last week, we were driving off a freeway, Antonio was in the passenger seat ... he spotted an older guy pushing his car off the ramp . Antonio made me stop so that he could jump out and help the guy ... not many people .. especially poker players .. do that sort of thing instinctively. Antonio does this sort of thing on a daily basis. He tries as hard as he can to "do the right thing". I don't think any of the people who posted their childish and degrading remarks have any clue about what it's like to become a media celebrity overnight. One's life gets totally surreal ... wherever you go .. you get to the front of the line ... pretty girls run up and want to talk to you, etc etc. And if you are a person who didn't have a lot of self esteem growing up .. which pretty much describes most everybody I know, including Antonio Esfandiari ... it's not to hard to understand that 'overnight success" leads to exactly the type of behavior that Antonio talks about on the offensive webpage that started this thread in the first place. Just pretend that you are 25, weatlhy, attractive, clever, and you appears on TV every other day. Such is a dream of most people who post here. For Antonio Esfandiari .. this dream came true. Out of the tens of thousands of young, single, talented pro poker wannabees .. this is the guy who got the gold ring. It could have been you ... but it wasnt'. Sorry. Many lottery tickets are sold, only a few people win. Winning this lottery did NOT make Antonio a villian .. nor can he be blamed for being "into" the over-the-top fun lifestyle he's crafted for himself. since then. Just realize that when you particpate in the mud-slinging and name calling that appear in the posts above .. you come across as envious ... immature ... and bitter. I would say such says as much, or more, about the nature of your character, than Antonio's bragging about his fabulous lifestyle says about his.If you wish to continue to come across as envious, immature, and bitter .. well ... flame away. Just know that me, and many other people like me consider Antonio a great friend, a strong (as well as SERIOUSLY lucky) poker player, and one of the most 'together' 25 year olds we have ever met. We forgive him for the toll this past year is taking on his ego. He's just human .. and what you see on the web page that you find so offensive is as human .. as your collective reflexive horrific reaction. Antonio was one of the 'lucky one's' .. you were not. Deal with it please. If you don't wish to hear about the "lifestyles of the rich and famous" then my advice to you is ... don't watch the show.
We like when ass's say somthing asinine!We don't care if he is really the niceist guy in the world!WE like making fun of people richer then us, shut up, and this will blow over next time Dutch Boyd updates his blog.

I used to think this guy was ok but the more of this crap I read, I can't stand him! Anybody know if the entrance to this years WSOP has double doors?? otherwise Antonio isn't gonna be able to get his fat head through the door to play the first hand!P.S - I guess his buddy the Unibomber isn't cool enough to "roll" with his group as his name wasn't mentioned. BigSlick- happens to really enjoy the movie "Swingers" but wow, Antonio I think you have watched that movie a few too many times!!!

schmubare,I appreciate where you are coming from, and I think it is cool that you are sticking up for your buddy.That said, look at it from our perspective. The guy has let this all go to his head, and we have no experience with him being a nice guy. All we have to go on is "rocks and rings" which says it all right there.Just curious, what kind of return did you get for staking him the $3,000?

If this isn't proof that a stick boy, dweeb with money can get you pussy, then there is none. That's assuming he actually does.Ever notice that none of his party stories end with him and a girl going home together? :?

poker pals routinely loan each other wads of money on a regular basis without expecting any 'juice' .. obviously such is paid back immediately when the borrower is "flush" .. and such loans are just as obviously reciprocal .. when I ran bad the following year for sevearl months .. AE took 1/2 my action and staked me on a regular basis ... it all comes around.my main point in my long rambling post was that it's only HUMAN and quite NATURAL for the experience that AE had over the past 18 months to result in the "dig me" nature of the Rocks & Rings page .. anyb ody who goes thru any sort of 'instant celebrity' experience can testify to how bizarre such an experience is ... you are the same insecure bumbling guy you were last week .. but now .. for whatever reason .. everybody treats you as if you are "the guy". Everybody desperately wants to believe that the 'rich and famous' are secretly miserable, etc. The reality is actually quite the opposite .. most 'rich and famous' people are actually quite pleased with their fame and fortune .. which makes sense. It's fun to be rich and famous .. flaunting such a bit is okay .. especially at first. At SOME point, a celebrity grows tired of being so 'public' ... especially of receiving the type of critisizm being demonstrated here .. thus they become much more 'private' .. the bigger the celebrity .. the more 'reclusive' they become. AE is a 'new celebrity' .. he's enjoying the attention .. I'm just reminding people that they probalby would behave similarly if they were as fortunate .. and thus .. cut him a bit of slack.