What Happened To Steve's Thread?

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ive noticed most of steves posts relate to pimping his training program in some way or another, and i have no idea if its worth what it costs, but it seems to have turned out a bunch of successful players so it must be doing something right. I dont really care that he posts about it, I dont really care about getting coaching at the moment so I just dont read the threads, and if someone wants coaching them they can read it. Im sure he doesnt do the training just out of the goodness of his heart, but since it does seem to be successful and the people who pay for it end up making their money back and more, then its a win win situation, some people learn and understand a lot more when someone is teaching it to them as opposed to learning on there own.my coaching success rate is 100% so far, just saying :club:

I think most people who are going to go through a course that costs a decent amount of money are people who are dedicated to making themselves a winning player so most will end up succeeding anyways.Also vlaxter you honestly think he genuinely cares what most of the small stakes players are currently playing? "What's with all these s7s people playing so big?"
Thought I'd just share a few words here. Steve bashing seems to be the thing to do this season!I don't have much insight into the group anymore since I'm usually gone or asleep when they have their msn chats but from personal experience, Steve has always gotten back to me whenever I've had a question or two about various things. Now that I think about it, he's never turned me down or brushed me off whenever there was something I needed help with. And about the whole "caring more about students who play bigger stakes" I don't think that's necessarily true. I mean c'mon, he loves jamie and jamie just minbets for cheeseburgers (<3 you). I don't think steve ever really mentions/brags about me, mark, snamuh, or adam regarding our success in poker. Tbh, I don't think he really cares since he does play a lot higher than all of us.As for the program, Steve's program isn't technique based. It's more like an ongoing discussion of Barry Greenstein's book regarding how to live like a pro and succeed. Through Steve I had developed a schematic for my poker game and from there grew up on my own. I would've preferred to have been taught how to rise up and beat high stakes lhe but I don't really care about that. My biggest problem was emotional control and to this day when I consider coaching people longterm, I use one technique that Steve used to help me get over that. So for me, the group actually played a significant part in my career as it helped me get over a really big hurdle and I now rarely go on monkey tilt at the tables.
If I had a poker school and my students were doing well for themselves, I'd shout it out at every opportunity; it'd be part advertising, pride and to shine a light on the accomplishments of the students.
word!
Here's what I think, as though you give a shit. LOL Some people such as Steve, don't come off real personable in written text. There are no LOL's, no 0o0o0o0ooo00, none of the typical things that let people know you are emotional. His posts sound monotone and very direct, sometimes as if written by a robot. Therefore when ya read it, it can sound condesending/blunt/rude. I've never met him in person but I'd guess that isn't how he intends it to sound. He never even needs a spell checker for goodness sake! lolThen most of the rest of you, when you post, we can always count on some sort of emotional response that makes you sound oh sooo human. In conversations IRL, I've often called most of you friends.........not just e-friends, cause I feel like I've spent enough time reading here to think I know most of you on some level, even though I've never met you IRL.If I knew there was a game coming up the first week of May where I could see Loosh, JC, Whatta, NNB, Kurt, Mark, Gallo, Kinger, Mase, Nutz, Vick, Bull, Gator Tom, Balloon Guy, etc., etc., etc.,......I'd be booking my ticket NOW! Ya'll sound like a fantastic fun group of people and I think it'd be a hoot to all get together in real life. I'd also bet that Steve would fit in fine with the group when you could actually LOOK at him and see his reactions instead of just reading words typed on the computer. I could be wrong, have been before. And I guess I'm really lucky that when I DID meet JC at the WSOP circuit event, he couldn't tell that I thought so much of him as a poker player and as a SEXY man, or else he would have called security! LOL
To be honest, I am a much nicer person online. In person I'm kind of a dweeb

I don't post on here much but I do read this forum quite often. Although I normally don't have much of an opinion on Steve's posts about him offering up his elite training program (which most of us would never consider spending money on), I do find his posts about other poker pro's to be ridiculous, and does come off with a sense of arrogance like "look who I hand out with". To be quite honest with you, I do not look up to any of these so called Poker Pro's as a role model. Truth be told, most are degenerate gamblers who are living a life style that some wish they lived but in fact is not as glamorous as it appears. I like to read this forum usually for the lack of any real poker content, becuase some of the posts are funny and u guys seem to band together and support each other with rail calls and stakements. Steve like any other poster gets flamed here for his percieved arrogance and self promotion - AND HE SHOULD. If I was truly interested in the life and times of the Incredible Ted Forrest I would google him and find out the info myself without needing Steve's inner circle peek at Ted. So you guys keep this real and flame away at anyone you feel like.

Here's what I think, as though you give a shit. LOL Some people such as Steve, don't come off real personable in written text. There are no LOL's, no 0o0o0o0ooo00, none of the typical things that let people know you are emotional. His posts sound monotone and very direct, sometimes as if written by a robot. Therefore when ya read it, it can sound condesending/blunt/rude. I've never met him in person but I'd guess that isn't how he intends it to sound. He never even needs a spell checker for goodness sake! lolThen most of the rest of you, when you post, we can always count on some sort of emotional response that makes you sound oh sooo human. In conversations IRL, I've often called most of you friends.........not just e-friends, cause I feel like I've spent enough time reading here to think I know most of you on some level, even though I've never met you IRL.If I knew there was a game coming up the first week of May where I could see Loosh, JC, Whatta, NNB, Kurt, Mark, Gallo, Kinger, Mase, Nutz, Vick, Bull, Gator Tom, Balloon Guy, etc., etc., etc.,......I'd be booking my ticket NOW! Ya'll sound like a fantastic fun group of people and I think it'd be a hoot to all get together in real life. I'd also bet that Steve would fit in fine with the group when you could actually LOOK at him and see his reactions instead of just reading words typed on the computer. I could be wrong, have been before. And I guess I'm really lucky that when I DID meet JC at the WSOP circuit event, he couldn't tell that I thought so much of him as a poker player and as a SEXY man, or else he would have called security! LOL
Weeeeeee!! :club::ts:4h:5c
Let the brackets begin
I could foresee you making it to the Final Four!
So you're saying that an etc. will pull off an upset?
I don't post on here much but I do read this forum quite often. Although I normally don't have much of an opinion on Steve's posts about him offering up his elite training program (which most of us would never consider spending money on), I do find his posts about other poker pro's to be ridiculous, and does come off with a sense of arrogance like "look who I hand out with". To be quite honest with you, I do not look up to any of these so called Poker Pro's as a role model. Truth be told, most are degenerate gamblers who are living a life style that some wish they lived but in fact is not as glamorous as it appears. I like to read this forum usually for the lack of any real poker content, becuase some of the posts are funny and u guys seem to band together and support each other with rail calls and stakements. Steve like any other poster gets flamed here for his percieved arrogance and self promotion - AND HE SHOULD. If I was truly interested in the life and times of the Incredible Ted Forrest I would google him and find out the info myself without needing Steve's inner circle peek at Ted. So you guys keep this real and flame away at anyone you feel like.
Can you find out if he puts 'professional gambler' or 'professional poker player' on his tax return for me. Steve wouldn't tell me. I gotta settle a bet and i suck at the google.

Meh, I do remember Steve asking if there was interest in those life with threads, and the answer was a resounding yes. To be honest, if there were gonna be problems people shoulda said so then and they never woulda shown up.

I am not going to comment on the back and forth that has gone on this and the other thread. HOWEVER...there is something I want to state which I think is obvious but maybe it isn't.90%+ of all people who play poker do so for entertainment. THAT IS WHY MANY OF YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. Yes, players are better than the beginning of the boom but most people don't have the time or desire to really take it 100% serious. That does not mean they do not give it their all when they play, they just don't dedicate their lives to the game. That is a good thing for pros and aspiring pros.Now here is another human fact. We all fantasize. We dream of being actors, rock stars, astronauts, famous authors and PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYERS. We like to hear the inside scoop. This is why there are channels on TV, magazines and websites dedicated to famous people. This is why they make movies where the main character is a rock star, actor or lo and behold... a poker player. It is entertaining and a form of escape. I personally enjoy reading the threads about pros. Back in the day, Daniel use to write threads about them as well. It is entertainment. I hope that all of this debating back and forth does not discourage Steve or anyone else from relating stories in this forum.

I am not going to comment on the back and forth that has gone on this and the other thread. HOWEVER...there is something I want to state which I think is obvious but maybe it isn't.90%+ of all people who play poker do so for entertainment. THAT IS WHY MANY OF YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. Yes, players are better than the beginning of the boom but most people don't have the time or desire to really take it 100% serious. That does not mean they do not give it their all when they play, they just don't dedicate their lives to the game. That is a good thing for pros and aspiring pros.Now here is another human fact. We all fantasize. We dream of being Balloon Professionals, actors, rock stars, astronauts, famous authors and PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYERS. We like to hear the inside scoop. This is why there are channels on TV, magazines and websites dedicated to famous people. This is why they make movies where the main character is a rock star, actor or lo and behold... a poker player. It is entertaining and a form of escape. I personally enjoy reading the threads about pros. Back in the day, Daniel use to write threads about them as well. It is entertainment. I hope that all of this debating back and forth does not discourage Steve or anyone else from relating stories in this forum.
fyp
I am not going to comment on the back and forth that has gone on this and the other thread. HOWEVER...there is something I want to state which I think is obvious but maybe it isn't.90%+ of all people who play poker do so for entertainment. THAT IS WHY MANY OF YOU CAN MAKE MONEY. Yes, players are better than the beginning of the boom but most people don't have the time or desire to really take it 100% serious. That does not mean they do not give it their all when they play, they just don't dedicate their lives to the game. That is a good thing for pros and aspiring pros.Now here is another human fact. We all fantasize. We dream of being actors, rock stars, astronauts, famous authors and PROFESSIONAL POKER PLAYERS. We like to hear the inside scoop. This is why there are channels on TV, magazines and websites dedicated to famous people. This is why they make movies where the main character is a rock star, actor or lo and behold... a poker player. It is entertaining and a form of escape. I personally enjoy reading the threads about pros. Back in the day, Daniel use to write threads about them as well. It is entertainment. I hope that all of this debating back and forth does not discourage Steve or anyone else from relating stories in this forum.
I see your point but it doesn't matter if people don't respect the source.Look at the thread Ex_Matt just made. He's making an attempt at humor by saying he is 4/709 in a tournament right now. He's just trying to get a rise out of the forum. It isn't funny because Matt is not well respected. However, many respected members make pointless threads all the time, and the response it much different. Look at Zach's "Next big thing" thread. Well received because Zach is well-liked. If Ex_Matt made that thread he would have gotten torn to shreds.I remember PMJackson making a thread about golfing with Phil Hellmuth for a day. Why was it well received? Because when PMJ is not making threads about PMJ, he is an active, contributing member of the community, including railing people, joking with people, discussing hands, saying stuff like "great run" when a friend goes deep, and like someone else pointed out, generally showing their personality on the internet.I don't know Steve; I suppose he could have a vibrant real-life personality. But he doesn't go out of his way to show it here, and when he does, it's forced, like the OT "Deoderant" thread. He never just pops into threads and just "hangs out", so the times he does post that kind of stuff, he comes off as arrogant.
I see your point but it doesn't matter if people don't respect the source.Look at the thread Ex_Matt just made. He's making an attempt at humor by saying he is 4/709 in a tournament right now. He's just trying to get a rise out of the forum. It isn't funny because Matt is not well respected. However, many respected members make pointless threads all the time, and the response it much different. Look at Zach's "Next big thing" thread. Well received because Zach is well-liked. If Ex_Matt made that thread he would have gotten torn to shreds.I remember PMJackson making a thread about golfing with Phil Hellmuth for a day. Why was it well received? Because when PMJ is not making threads about PMJ, he is an active, contributing member of the community, including railing people, joking with people, discussing hands, saying stuff like "great run" when a friend goes deep, and like someone else pointed out, generally showing their personality on the internet.I don't know Steve; I suppose he could have a vibrant real-life personality. But he doesn't go out of his way to show it here, and when he does, it's forced, like the OT "Deoderant" thread. He never just pops into threads and just "hangs out", so the times he does post that kind of stuff, he comes off as arrogant.
agree and good post imoPanthers will always own the Bucs