What Happened To Steve's Thread?

The point imho that poto and loosh were making was... what was the motivation behind Steve creating a thread asking what limit everyone was playing? Was it harmless or was it Im gonna ask you a ? so that you will ask me the same ? back so to speak
If you want to really get into it. He would never answer that question in the past. Some of his students would comment that he has played high and that he has played phil ivey HU. But it was always very obscure comments.
  • Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sure in a lot of areas your skill in poker has alot to do with how much credibility you will get but I don't think this is one area where it really matters. I mean if I were going to get strat advice and someone like NNB commented on a hand I really would'nt want to put to much stock in that advice, but if he commented on how someone comes across as a douchebag then I don't really think poker skill really matters there. What I'm trying to say is that everyone has seen people who push their own agendas, being a top poker player does'nt really matter in that sense. We are all potential clients of PVT, S7S and Ford and most know a pitch when they see one and I have no problem with someone making a sales pitch, but it gets a little annoying when someone insults your intelligence by telling you its not.
**** this dude, seriously? i thought we were friends......damn it, im done with this place, JC was right, there is nothing left here...gl2u allPOKERHAUUUUUUUUS
A comment can be arrogant without intent.
Wouldn't the intent create a reason to dislike or criticize someone for it? I mean, if someone is arrogant without intending to be, what does one gain from criticizing them for it?
The point imho that poto and loosh were making was... what was the motivation behind Steve creating a thread asking what limit everyone was playing? Was it harmless or was it Im gonna ask you a ? so that you will ask me the same ? back so to speak
i honestly have no idea. it seemed a little unlike him. i give him the benefit of the doubt and figure it harmless. i can't speak for him, but to think that he did it so one of his students could post about how well they are doing and he could congratulate them and make his program look good is crazy imo.
This.Are you trying to "give back to FCP" or are you opening a business?Are you posting a video about the Larry game because you think we are going to be interested or because you are in it?Are you trying to tell stories of Ted Forrest for our satisfaction or your own?Are you telling past students they are doing well puclically because you are being encouraging or because you are trying to sell more schooling?Say what you mean, that's all. It's pretty insulting to our intelligence and gets old fairly quickly.
If you want to really get into it. He would never answer that question in the past. Some of his students would comment that he has played high and that he has played phil ivey HU. But it was always very obscure comments.
I think that is kinda the point, Steve's posts very often come off as him just looking for attention for himself. ie the time he created a thread about the Flynt game and then clammed up when people asked questions about it. Uh? Like what did you think was gonna happen? I really try to not post in these drama threads cause I dont like to get involved in the back and forth point/counter point it tends to reguire so Ill just leave it as I think Poto and Loosh have a valid arguement
i honestly have no idea. it seemed a little unlike him. i give him the benefit of the doubt and figure it harmless. i can't speak for him, but to think that he did it so one of his students could post about how well they are doing and he could congratulate them and make his program look good is crazy imo.
What do you mean by this? Being completely serious btw. Don't know how to respond until I know what "it" means.Creating a thread like this? Coming off shifty?
No sir! The real winner is in the list! <3
:club: -----FTR, I think Steve seems pretty arrogant, but also sort of a kind person as well. I both admire him and am sometimes irked by him. People are complex, there's no reason we have to decide good guy/bad guy here. And I would say that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but as Dmitri Martin said1:My policy is: "No stone throwing regardless of housing situation." Don't do it. There is one exception though. If you're trapped in a glass house, and you have a stone, then throw it. What are you, an idiot? So maybe it's "Only people in glass houses should throw stones, provided they are trapped in the house with a stone." It's a little longer, but yeah. 1DISCLAIMER: Please note that I am only aware of Dmitri Martin and this quote because JubilantLankyLad turned me on to him, so all credit for this quote goes to him. Except the part that goes to Dmitri Martin himself. Please direct all appreciation for this quote to JubilantLankyLad.
And I would say that people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, but as Dmitri Martin said1:My policy is: "No stone throwing regardless of housing situation." Don't do it. There is one exception though. If you're trapped in a glass house, and you have a stone, then throw it. What are you, an idiot? So maybe it's "Only people in glass houses should throw stones, provided they are trapped in the house with a stone." It's a little longer, but yeah. 1DISCLAIMER: Please note that I am only aware of Dmitri Martin and this quote because JubilantLankyLad turned me on to him, so all credit for this quote goes to him. Except the part that goes to Dmitri Martin himself. Please direct all appreciation for this quote to JubilantLankyLad.
Saw him live. Was hilarious.
What do you mean by this? Being completely serious btw. Don't know how to respond until I know what "it" means.Creating a thread like this? Coming off shifty?
i meant creating that thread. im not looking to get into an argument with you looshle. i feel like ive said my take (which is more or less that you guys are misunderstanding) on this and my intent was merely to express that and thats it. ill clarify what i meant like i just did above but beyond that i don't feel that i have anything left to say about this.
i meant creating that thread. im not looking to get into an argument with you looshle. i feel like ive said my take (which is more or less that you guys are misunderstanding) on this and my intent was merely to express that and thats it. ill clarify what i meant like i just did above but beyond that i don't feel that i have anything left to say about this.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to point out the fact that you think Steve creating a thread about wondering and honestly caring where the whole community was at seemed a little unlike him.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to point out the fact that you think Steve creating a thread about wondering and honestly caring where the whole community was at seemed a little unlike him.
lol He kinda walked right into that one. Didnt he?
i meant more like talking about things like what stakes you're currently playing seems unlike him.i might add you're deadly at this debate sort of thing.
Wouldn't the intent create a reason to dislike or criticize someone for it? I mean, if someone is arrogant without intending to be, what does one gain from criticizing them for it?
You're holding someone to a remarkably low standard if arrogance is acceptable as long as the person doesn't specifically intend to sound arrogant. It's a problem with character that becomes apparent in communications whether one means to convey it or not.Consider:Guy A: <something stupid>Guy B: That's stupid.Guy A: I didn't mean for it to be stupid.Guy B: Who gives a shit?It's the same for arrogant.The events and characters depicted in this article are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
lol He kinda walked right into that one. Didnt he?
i might add you're deadly at this debate sort of thing.
ftr to be sure I dont start any accidental e-drama bombs that was the point of my above post not anything else
**** this dude, seriously? i thought we were friends......damn it, im done with this place, JC was right, there is nothing left here...gl2u allPOKERHAUUUUUUUUS
Ya thats right mother ****** your shoving ranges are way too wide and you overvalue tourney life and are also really exploitable in the blinds!!!
Ya thats right mother ****** your shoving ranges are way too wide and you overvalue tourney life and are also really exploitable in the blinds!!!
FTR you 2 are really bad at fake drama
You're holding someone to a remarkably low standard if arrogance is acceptable as long as the person doesn't specifically intend to sound arrogant. It's a problem with character that becomes apparent in communications whether one means to convey it or not.Consider:Guy A: <something stupid>Guy B: That's stupid.Guy A: I didn't mean for it to be stupid.Guy B: Who gives a shit?It's the same for arrogant.The events and characters depicted in this article are fictitious. Any similarity to actual persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Yes and in this situation where someone was unintentionally stupid, I wouldn't harp on it and criticize them about it. Replace guy B's second statement with "lol" or something similar. Now if someone was being intentionally stupid, a more prolonged criticism would be justified.Edit: Are you also stating that it's completely unacceptable for someone to say something stupid unintentionally (in regards to your initial statement).
Yes and in this situation where someone was unintentionally stupid, I wouldn't harp on it and criticize them about it. Replace guy B's second statement with "lol" or something similar. Now if someone was being intentionally stupid, a more prolonged criticism would be justified.Edit: Are you also stating that it's completely unacceptable for someone to say something stupid unintentionally (in regards to your initial statement).
No, that's not what I'm saying. It's just that the person not meaning for it to be stupid doesn't make it any less stupid. "But I didn't mean for it to be stupid," is a meaningless defense. Statements can be unintentionally racist, sexist, selfish, or insulting. They still have the respective defect.