Well Ive given up on grinding out turbo SNGs, its way too boring and the variance makes me want to stab myself, so Im moving onto 6max cash.August Goals: -Play 25k hands of $50NL, maybe play some $100NL towards the end of the month if I feel like Im beating the game-I have no idea what kinda profits I can expect to make playing 25k hands, lets just say $700-Read a bunch of hand discussion and watch a ton of cash vids-Play a few MTT'sBy the way, anyone know when the new PokerEV is going to be done? I really want to wait for that instead of getting PT3 right now, but I dont wanna wait too long.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, anyone know when the new PokerEV is going to be done? I really want to wait for that instead of getting PT3 right now, but I dont wanna wait too long.
Even Simo's given up promising that it'll be done by a certain date because it's been pushed back sooo many times now, any estimation would likely be inacurate again imo
Even Simo's given up promising that it'll be done by a certain date because it's been pushed back sooo many times now, any estimation would likely be inacurate again imo
Yeah, I'm feeling a little light-headed from holding my breath in anticipation for so long......On a completely unrelated note... Ummm.... Is it possible to suffer brain damage if you hold your breath for too long... Say, for example, if I held my breath for a few months... I would still be ok, right...?

Been reading the forum for a while now.. never really posted or made any goals but i'm trying to become serious about poker. Deposited 200 in pokerstars and currently sitting on about 275. Goals for August: 10k Hands @ $5 NL (Going to move up to $10NL at the end of the month)+$75Keep playing tight aggressive poker and stop stacking off w/ tptk or 2 pairCurrently im running about 18/12/1.5 @full ring, but im wondering how much aggression factor matters at .01/.02 i can't seem to be too aggressive without throwing away money.So far goals are looking good. I got in about 2700 hands this weekend and am up about $35

Been reading the forum for a while now.. never really posted or made any goals but i'm trying to become serious about poker. Deposited 200 in pokerstars and currently sitting on about 275. Goals for August: 10k Hands @ $5 NL (Going to move up to $10NL at the end of the month)+$75Keep playing tight aggressive poker and stop stacking off w/ tptk or 2 pairCurrently im running about 18/12/1.5 @full ring, but im wondering how much aggression factor matters at .01/.02 i can't seem to be too aggressive without throwing away money.So far goals are looking good. I got in about 2700 hands this weekend and am up about $35
Excellent first post and you have certainly chosen the correct forum to jump into the FCP forums --this bodes well for you.I like your plan: if you can show a good win rate at $5 NL over 10k hands, then you will be more than ready for $10 NL (and will have a sufficient bankroll for it as well).Welcome to the forums!Cheers,Merby
Excellent first post and you have certainly chosen the correct forum to jump into the FCP forums --this bodes well for you.I like your plan: if you can show a good win rate at $5 NL over 10k hands, then you will be more than ready for $10 NL (and will have a sufficient bankroll for it as well).Welcome to the forums!Cheers,Merby
Awwww. That was nice.Welcome Regionx8.
does anyone else only open up this thread to read an iggy post?j/w- Jordan
I do

LOL, would hate to leave you guys disappointed. Anyway, I'm grinding my way back pretty well from the monster losing session the other night. I've got my equity adjusted numbers positive again, even if I'm still in the red overall. Also, I'm really kicking ass on volume thus far. Already played 6,600 hands in only 5 days.augusttodateev.png

wow lhe really starts to ****ing piss me off. i play 1/2 at stars and i cant win. i just cant book a single winning day (for 6 days now). i start up and soon get up like $30 or something, then somehow i ALWAYS go on an endless bad beat streak and lose it all and finally im down $30 every day. is that how it's supposed to work?i have no idea what to do. tehres always like at least 4 people to the flop. lets say i have AQs and im in the bb. cuttoff bets button calls, sb calls i 3bet cutoff calls button calls sb calls. flop A T 6. sb checks i bet cutoff calls button calls sb calls. turn 9. now im lost. i have no idea what im up against. this was just an example, one of those guys ended up having a9 and i bet turn and bet/called river. im so lost in these spots, it always seems like im priced in with like 13bb in the pot and i only have to call 1bb, but somehow they always show up with some retarded shit.

I would strongly advise against playing 6-max LHE unless you are a sado-masochist with a penchant for pain

I'm starting to work full time. I have four days next week and the week after I work all seven days. Soon I'll be able to grind.*foams at mouth*

Well, that was, err fun. julytotallc1.jpgI definately learnt a lot though, so the month hasn't been a complete waste. Roll = around $44 So the plan is to grind SNG's until I can get back to properly playing $10NL and moving to FTPGoals for August:
  • Play 15k hands Cash
  • Around 3BB/100
  • Work on video recording idea/railing/aim and all that
  • Run goot at sng's one time

Just a quick update:Cash: -24.15SNG's: +52.441500 hands of cash-ish so far, and playing very good, so ehVideo recording is tilting me to no end, I must have had like 7 failed vids so far, lol.
August goals: Play when I can but don't put pressure on myself. Learn HU no limit holdem. Get better every session. Review my hands and play styles. Pay attention to the advice of those better than myself. Profit. I hope to get in 10-15k hands, but as I've said I'm not going to be upset if I fall short of that. I'm only single tabling at this point. Focus on getting good, then add another table.
Well, I have no hope of getting in the hand volume, but I'm feeling very good about my first week at hu. Here's one of those graph things.tenthst6.jpg

I made about $30 before any rakeback which wont be much maybe $10. Poker goal is to get to $200 by the end of the month playing solid poker. I am just about able to play within a br limit and I will probably add tables after that.other goals: Marathon training is my top priorityEnjoy being marriedNo playing when drinking

I have been goofing around a lot lately, which has been fun, but not very good for my bankroll. So, it's time to start setting some more serious goals again. Currently my on-line roll is $488.80; first goal (perhaps not just for August, since I will be traveling for the last two weeks of the month) will be to get it back up to $1000.August goals:1) Play 250 SNGs, either $6.50 turbos on Stars or $11 ones on Tilt.2) For diversion, play a few razz tournaments, make at least two final tables and have a +EV.3) Start with PokerVTSince this weekend is Sit & Go Madness on Full Tilt and I have some free time, I think I'll set up a little challenge for myself and try to play 100 SNGs over the weekend.
Udate: The SNG-marathon was a good start: made $169 that weekend. Then went on a nice rush in $4.40s this weekend, taking a 4th, a 2nd and a 1st out of 25 or so played.Bankroll at start of month: $488.80Bankroll now: $1081.01Weeeeeeee! :club: The rest of the month will be quiet, as I will be traveling for most of it. Maybe I will play live a bit in Geneva and/or Vienna.