1/3 of the way graph:august1kd7.jpg1500 hands at 50NL for about 170. The rest is 25nl. Moving to 50NL full time tomorrow I hope.
That's pretty sweet for someone who 'honestly isn't very good at poker and makes poor decisions' :club:
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1/3 of the way graph:august1kd7.jpg1500 hands at 50NL for about 170. The rest is 25nl. Moving to 50NL full time tomorrow I hope.
Thats pretty ****ing sick for 25NL. Good work :club:

FWIW , starting at this moment , i am officially playing for my tutition fee and living expenses in my future abroad school. Which means , No more $300 a bottle of Absolut or or Absinth at beach clubsNo more driving around meanninglessly and giving a lift to everyone. Gas is ****ing expensiveNo more buying out drinks to the group because it is "rakeback money anyway" .No more usage of taxi for long distances. Take the car and don't drink , don't take the car and sleep over. For short distances walk.No more buying dvds everytime i walk thru a store.No more "I am gonna bust this annoying ************" preflop calls.No more "throwing a 20" when the cheque comes. Most of the people pay what they drink or eat. I will start doing that as well. Except for the group of my old friends who we have a tradition of splitting every cheque equally no matter who ate/drank what. Noone actually even looks at how much it is , everyone makes a rough estimation of the total cheque and throws in a bit more than his share. I love those guys.No more drinking/eating something everytime i go out. Coffee , beer , burger , ice cream whetever like a ****in obligation. No more saying yes to every drinking plan/invitation at any hour of the day. I want to believe i can make this. Yes.Yes i choose to believe.I have a dream.I am happy to join with you today in what will go down in history as the greatest list for saving money in the history of our forum.I believe i can live the most boring 3 months in my life to be able to live the probably most fun 2 years of my life.

Are you booking bets on any of these items? Oh, and I think you owe me about 3k in $10 increments for smoking FTW
Yes i am booking bets. Loser pays my tutition fee. Deal? Oh and about the smoking bet , no proof no pay out :club:
That's pretty sweet for someone who 'honestly isn't very good at poker and makes poor decisions' :ts
Yea, I try. I just run good though, obv.
Thats pretty ****ing sick for 25NL. Good work :club:
ty ty ty.
does anyone else only open up this thread to read an iggy post?j/w- Jordan
that's exactly why i'm reading this thread :Diggy is one of my fav. posters on fcp. Probably the most interesting pro on the site

Glad you like my posts Syous.Anyway, as great as July was, August has pretty much been the opposite. I was making a good comeback a few days ago, but I've had a couple absoutely crushing sessions since then where I should have made money if the all-ins ran even but ended up down at least 10K each time. I've definitely been running below expectation in non-showdown pots and in showdown pots before the chips get all-in too, so it's actually worse than this graph says.augustev.png

i havent played much for nearly 6 months now, so maybe a good way to get back in the rythm would be to post goals here. the break had nothing to do with results in poker. if anything i was coming off of an exceptional stretch when i decided to stop, and im really pissed at myself for taking so much time off. there was no reason why i couldnt still play while i did other things. it's hard to just jump into the bigger games when you've made so little in the recent past, so im taking it easy between 3/6 and 10/20 limit. realistically it's almlost all at 3/6 and 5/10 because 10/20 games are pretty dead lately on AP imo.im shooting for 50k hands and $25k. im about half way to both goals as of the 11th.

Must be - his first lesson was tiltled "Luckboxing your way to a 100ptbb/100 winrate". Maybe I only picked up half the material or something - WTF only 40ptbb/100

Must be - his first lesson was tiltled "Luckboxing your way to a 100ptbb/100 winrate". Maybe I only picked up half the material or something - WTF only 40ptbb/100
Your sample size is too small.... your ptbb/100 will gradually increase close to the 100ptbb area
augustuh8.jpgMonth so far. Gonna be moving into and painting and cleaning the new house over the next couple of weeks and probably won't play too much more this month, but it's going well so far.
August Goals:- 9K or so hands, i'm not a big stickler for this target, more important to feel i'm playing well and improve- +3bb/100- Learn more, hopefully rail/get railed- Maybe sign up for Deuces Cracked- Eliminate more leaks- Watch some more PokerVT, try and stomach the maths section- +75$ w/o rakebackAugust so far:
Not quite halfway, but i'm bored:halfway.jpg[x] Going goot so far :club: [?] Sustainable
Not quite halfway, but i'm bored:halfway.jpg[x] Going goot so far :club: [?] Sustainable
Nice to meet your goals and it's not even halfway through the month...
Nice to meet your goals and it's not even halfway through the month...
Yeh, my poker face is like your avatar at the minute :club: - only modest returns, but i've been trying really hard the past couple of months to improve and I finally feel like i'm getting there

Would be curious to see what your all-in luck graph says. I never quite trust the Sklansky bucks graph to determine how you're running, but if that graph's an accurate representation, you should actually be down $160 if you're luck was running even.

Not quite halfway, but i'm bored:halfway.jpg[x] Going goot so far :ts [?] Sustainable
Yeh, my poker face is like your avatar at the minute :club: - only modest returns, but i've been trying really hard the past couple of months to improve and I finally feel like i'm getting there
Also remember the rake is taking a huge chuck of your winrate as well, so anything over 5pt/100 is pretty top of the range I think
Would be curious to see what your all-in luck graph says. I never quite trust the Sklansky bucks graph to determine how you're running, but if that graph's an accurate representation, you should actually be down $160 if you're luck was running even.
Which part of his graph shows that? His graph shows showdown winnings, non showdown winnings and overall winnings, non of that has anything to do with luck. Sklansky buck are pretty useless as well I think, Simo told me to ignore them so i'm assuming they don't mean much.
Oh ok. I just saw red, blue, and green, and I assumed.
I'd love to know the Sklansky what-nots myself, would give me more piece of mind on how i'm running, but i'm on PT3, so as far as I know it's a no-go (unless someone knows if you can export PT3 hands to PT2?)