The Official Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR

I like how Dale is just going to make both of our lineups for our game tonight.

Im pretty sure if we ask, Dale would run the whole FCHL for us, set lineups, make trades, free agent pickups....

Things are not looking bright for the ROFB. Dubinsky - out 6 weeksSykora - out indefinitelyColoaicovo - out indefintelyOduya - out indef and suck as wellHossa - out till Decand all around plain suckitudeOllie will be happy to know I have pretty much given up so he has a good shot at Taylor Hall now. Hossa and maybe Moulson about to go bye bye for picks, roster and farm players.

Things are not looking bright for the ROFB. Dubinsky - out 6 weeksSykora - out indefinitelyColoaicovo - out indefintelyOduya - out indef and suck as wellHossa - out till Decand all around plain suckitudeOllie will be happy to know I have pretty much given up so he has a good shot at Taylor Hall now. Hossa and maybe Moulson about to go bye bye for picks, roster and farm players.
Proline has you listed as a -140 favourite against the asdfjkl; tonight

Was bored and tabulated my record vs all the teams in the FCHL. Not as interesting as you might think. Broadway: 2-11BlackDevilHawks: 8-4-1Maroons: 3-10Asdfjkl;: 4-9Newmarket Hurricanes: 3-5Injured Reserves: 6-1Wheat Ales: 3-4Tulane Flyers: 5-2Lost Cause: 1-5Moneyshots: 4-3Blindsides: 4-2Whalers: 1-5KC Reserves: 4-4Limidonks: 4-4Record vs. Division Supreme(my division): 17-34-1Record vs. Division Tugnutt: 23-12Record vs. Division Gilmour: 11-23Updated as of 1/17/10

Was bored and tabulated my record vs all the teams in the FCHL. Not as interesting as you might think. Whalers: 0-5Games this week vs IR, Whalers, and Broadway. The Whalers game is important, I want my first win vs Arp.
wow, 5-0. nice. I think I have that kind of record against all 3 expansion teams.....I think.Just set my lineup, looks like Im pretty stacked at fwd for a 6game night, but only 1def, and no gtd.Good luck! I look forward to making it 6-0, and keeping you on tilt.
well, that's a pretty sick trade
heh
which way?
usually if the trade involves me it is usually better for the other side
Hopefully Arnott brings you some wins!
wins are no longer an issue for the rofb (ollie will love that)
wow, 5-0. nice. I think I have that kind of record against all 3 expansion teams.....I think.Just set my lineup, looks like Im pretty stacked at fwd for a 6game night, but only 1def, and no gtd.Good luck! I look forward to making it 6-0, and keeping you on tilt.
i will win
hehusually if the trade involves me it is usually better for the other sidewins are no longer an issue for the rofb (ollie will love that)i will win
i like that hossa is no longer on your team but dude, you just traded away matt moulsen?! kid is a star!!

It's definitely a good trade for Steve, and an intriguing one for me. He can now move Arnott at the deadline, which will be easier than moving Hossa. Hossa is capable of tier 1 in an 82 game season, but this year will be tier 2, possibly tier 3 if I'm lucky. If it's tier 3, then I'd have to consider a 5 year deal. Hossa was the only big superstar realistically available to someone in my situation (cap room), and this deal meant I didn't have to move Heatley for cap space, or move Perron.Moulson was a bonus, but unless Steve feels he could win it all this year or next, then he's better off on another team. If Moulson had a 5 year contract then I can't see Steve including him.

It's definitely a good trade for Steve, and an intriguing one for me. He can now move Arnott at the deadline, which will be easier than moving Hossa. Hossa is capable of tier 1 in an 82 game season, but this year will be tier 2, possibly tier 3 if I'm lucky. If it's tier 3, then I'd have to consider a 5 year deal. Hossa was the only big superstar realistically available to someone in my situation (cap room), and this deal meant I didn't have to move Heatley for cap space, or move Perron.Moulson was a bonus, but unless Steve feels he could win it all this year or next, then he's better off on another team. If Moulson had a 5 year contract then I can't see Steve including him.
Hossa is definitely a good snag because of the contract. The deal only works if Hossa lands in Tier 3 or worse, but that seems pretty likely. I like Jay's end of the deal, though not necessarily better than Steve's. Actually, I do like it better, but probably because I don't think all that much of Schroeder. Like Esposito, hard to tell why they dropped that far in the draft, but usually GMs know what they're talking about.
Hossa is definitely a good snag because of the contract. The deal only works if Hossa lands in Tier 3 or worse, but that seems pretty likely. I like Jay's end of the deal, though not necessarily better than Steve's. Actually, I do like it better, but probably because I don't think all that much of Schroeder. Like Esposito, hard to tell why they dropped that far in the draft, but usually GMs know what they're talking about.
How is Bobby Hughes doing? Or Ty Wishart?For those who are curious what everyone is talking about...ROFB give up:Hossa, Marian (CHI) - $15 RFAMoulson, Matt (NYI) - $0.25 $.025 FA$8.5 of salary cap space in 09/10To Newmarket Hurricanes for:The Kansas City Reserves 2010, Round 2 Draft PickArnott, Jason (NSH) - $7 RFAWeber, Yannick (MTL) - $1 $1 $1 $1 $1Schroeder, Jordan (VAN) - $2 Farm
How is Bobby Hughes doing? Or Ty Wishart?For those who are curious what everyone is talking about...ROFB give up:Hossa, Marian (CHI) - $15 RFAMoulson, Matt (NYI) - $0.25 $.025 FA$8.5 of salary cap space in 09/10To Newmarket Hurricanes for:The Kansas City Reserves 2010, Round 2 Draft PickArnott, Jason (NSH) - $7 RFAWeber, Yannick (MTL) - $1 $1 $1 $1 $1Schroeder, Jordan (VAN) - $2 Farm
Not sure if we want to get into a prospect match here...In my 5 we definitely will though.Those guys aren't even that bad. Hughes had 2 very serious injuries - the fact that he can walk is a miracle! Wishart will probably still play in the NHL, even though his stats aren't impressive.You should've asked me about Tomas Zaborsky or Ruslan Bashkirov!
Not sure if we want to get into a prospect match here...In my 5 we definitely will though.Those guys aren't even that bad. Hughes had 2 very serious injuries - the fact that he can walk is a miracle! Wishart will probably still play in the NHL, even though his stats aren't impressive.You should've asked me about Tomas Zaborsky or Ruslan Bashkirov!
I am completely content with my farm compared you yours. I know you like to tout yourself as the prospect god but for my limited knowledge on anything outside of the NHL, my prospects are fine.
I am completely content with my farm compared you yours. I know you like to tout yourself as the prospect god but for my limited knowledge on anything outside of the NHL, my prospects are fine.
I do?Oh, when I said "in my 5" i meant "in 5 years" though I was trying to imply I would be losing the battle if we revisit it in 5 years.
cut danny some slack guys, he has drafted some studs...its just none of them are still with his team
YEAH, TAKE THAT

Through many of our dealings you have made many remarks that can be taken as snide comments about my prospects and my drafting abilities. That makes you come off as someone who thinks they know more than the other guy. Maybe you do but I do not think my farm is in anyway worse than yours. We can see in 5 years though if you wish, again, I am confident that I have a solid group of kids with potential.

Through many of our dealings you have made many remarks that can be taken as snide comments about my prospects and my drafting abilities. That makes you come off as someone who thinks they know more than the other guy. Maybe you do but I do not think my farm is in anyway worse than yours. We can see in 5 years though if you wish, again, I am confident that I have a solid group of kids with potential.
fwiw steve, you have a few guys i would definitely be interested in if you ever want to talk shop - specifically john moore, tyler ennis and kyle beach.