The Official Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers Thread

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR

I like how Dale is just going to make both of our lineups for our game tonight.

Im pretty sure if we ask, Dale would run the whole FCHL for us, set lineups, make trades, free agent pickups....

It's a really good thing you have a ton of cap space. The only way that roster could get uglier is if Mike Ricci was still playing.
lol like I would ever ink him to a contact!3 good players this year + 2 or 3 next year and I should see some improvement. I hope. But my crappy team did finish one spot out of the playoffs last year so...

Prediction time! (really wish I could just leave work, like anyone is coming in here today!)Brunnstrom, Fabian22G 20ABurrows, Alex23G 28ALisin, Enver20G 15AGuerin, Bill21G 21AWhite, Todd18G 31APonikarovsky, Alexei23G 31AOlesz, Rostislav14G 27ABernier, Steve19G 22AClarkson, David13G 14AHecht, Jochen20G 32AReinprecht, Steven16G 24ASchremp, Rob5G 10ALittle, Bryan33G 40ADaley, Trevor8G 22ABeauchemin, Francois8G 33AColaiacovo, Carlo9G 28A Commodore, Mike5G 20A

Made a trade the other day...asdfjkl; receives:Ponikarovsky, Alexei Fearsome Beavers receive:Antti MiettinenChuckles KobasewNothing too wonderful but it gets me two young players with long cheap contracts for Poni who I would only have this year and next year. I don't expect much from Antti except 3/4th numbers unless an injury occurs and he can move up. Even then not much. Plus he is on Minny so he probably won't get played often. Chuckles should be good for 40/50 and maybe if he gets moved he will thrive in another city. Who knows. I know need 4-7 players and I have $39.25 in cap.

Well that sucked ass.Nothing went to plan, made some bad choices and had some computer issues that created a bit of lag I guess. Put in a 16.75 bid for Thornton at what I saw was about 3 seconds after taking time to figure out if I wanted to keep going and for how much more. I lost it to biatch fair and square but got berated by biatch for whatever reason after where he told me to fuck off a few times and for some fucked up reason called me a cheater. Don't know how I all of sudden became a cheater. Seems that he made the poor assumption that I was asking for more time when I never asked for any such thing. Computer lag is my fault not Nells or anyone else for that matter.So that was a set back and I never recovered and made poor choice after poor choice. Oh well, there is always next year.Hossa ($15)Dubinsky ($5.25)Sykora ($3.75)Pouliot ($.75)McCabe ($6.50)Gorges ($1.75)Oduya ($4)

I think biatch was being an ass because you outbid him for Hossa and went after Thornton.I'm not perfect, I was being a grouchy moron near the end of the auction as well. I apologize for bitching at you, Adam. Next year I will eat BEFORE the auction, not after.
You bitched at me?
I think biatch was being an ass because you outbid him for Hossa and went after Thornton.I'm not perfect, I was being a grouchy moron near the end of the auction as well. I apologize for bitching at you, Adam. Next year I will eat BEFORE the auction, not after.
Thornton was before Hossa wasn't he?
I was REALLY ANGRY that you got that first bid in on Salzernevermind that I got the one guy I really wanted for 75 cents
I was completely shocked when you nominated him, really didn't think he was on another living soul's radar. I'm kind of arrogant about hockey, I should look into that.BTW, his name is Sulzer.
I have high hopes for woywitka (seriously, look at dallas' dmen) and a few other guys, but overall, I did terrible.
Don't think I don't remember you mocking me last year for grabbing him when he was with the Blues.
Well that sucked ass.Nothing went to plan, made some bad choices and had some computer issues that created a bit of lag I guess. Put in a 16.75 bid for Thornton at what I saw was about 3 seconds after taking time to figure out if I wanted to keep going and for how much more. I lost it to biatch fair and square but got berated by biatch for whatever reason after where he told me to fuck off a few times and for some fucked up reason called me a cheater. Don't know how I all of sudden became a cheater. Seems that he made the poor assumption that I was asking for more time when I never asked for any such thing. Computer lag is my fault not Nells or anyone else for that matter.So that was a set back and I never recovered and made poor choice after poor choice. Oh well, there is always next year.Hossa ($15)Dubinsky ($5.25)Sykora ($3.75)Pouliot ($.75)McCabe ($6.50)Gorges ($1.75)Oduya ($4)
I don't think your auction results look that bad.
I only really dislike georges and oduya, and they were a tiny percentage of his $39 starting ammo. everything else was fine.
I went in looking at Thornton, Streit, and Hossa and hoped to get 2 of them. 3 would have been nice but unrealistic. I could of had Thornton but I got gunshy. I just spent $15 on Hossa and my next bid was 16.75. I should have done it looking back on it now, I could have gone to about $21 I think. Anyway, Hossa I am fine with at $15, I don't think it is a terrible price and might get to sign him to a decent long term contract at the end of the year when I since he will be out till sometime in Nov. and might fall a tier. I guess what I am upset about is the two that Strat pointed out. Gorges and Ody. Now I know the Gorges is getting a lot of joke time as I saw it being talked about in the chat during Adams ESPN draft. I guess I feel I need to explain myself. At that point in the draft I already got Hossa and McCabe. Thornton and Streit were gone. I needed a D man, actually I would have liked 3 more. I still had like $24+ left. Who cares if I spent $1.75. It's only .25 more than what someone else was willing to pay for him. Unless he turns into someone he is not, he will be right back in the FA draft next year. His salary could be $3 and it doesn't hurt me one bit. I had the money, still have over $2 left, so it's pretty moot. I would say that if I had $2.50 left and I needed 3 D men and bid $1.75 on him then yes, I am the biggest idiot in the world, but I had money to burn so I tried to burn through it.I am paying .25 more than what I could have signed Ody for and that puts me on tilt. I should have just signed him and more importantly, Grabovski, before the draft. I tried shopping them around and got no valid offers. I got one and I think it mainly involved Little for Peverley or something, I could be wrong. Anyway, huge mistake on my part. If I still have Gabby and what I got at the FA I would be more interested in where my future is heading. Again, unless somehow Ody finds the offensive touch on a team that should score less goals then ever, he is just filling a spot for me in a year where I had $ and nothing to buy and wasn't going to probably compete anyway. Dubinsky was someone I was eyeing pre draft and again, if he finally gets it right then I am happy, if he is a bust then see ya.Sykora should have a good year and I think his price is fine. He might even be good trade bait near the deadline.Pouloit will play this year, hopefully he will get moved as I have 2 other Wild, but either way, this could have been a good catch.This is the second time I have ever been in an auction draft so I still have lots to learn but looking back I could have signed Grabby pre draft and bid more on Thornton and I would be in much better shape. Live and learn. Still fun as hell.
At that point in the draft I already got Hossa and McCabe. Thornton and Streit were gone. I needed a D man, actually I would have liked 3 more. I still had like $24+ left. Who cares if I spent $1.75. It's only .25 more than what someone else was willing to pay for him. Unless he turns into someone he is not, he will be right back in the FA draft next year. His salary could be $3 and it doesn't hurt me one bit. I had the money, still have over $2 left, so it's pretty moot. I would say that if I had $2.50 left and I needed 3 D men and bid $1.75 on him then yes, I am the biggest idiot in the world, but I had money to burn so I tried to burn through it.
this here is exactly why i went so high on streit. at that stage i had $16 to spend and in my eyes streit was clearly the best player and biggest trade asset left. rather than spend $5 on 3 40 point forwards i figured i would make sure to secure the best player left who had some trade value. arnott and mccabe were still out there but apart from them there was no one i was interested in. luckily i got streit at that point or i wouldnt have been able to save the $3 for call ups and the extra 0.50 for the 2 0.25 players i got

So I was going over my lineup for the Beavers home opener this Saturday. Got my lineup set except for goalies.Right now I have Carolina @ Boston. My other choice is the Ducks at home against the Sharks.Just wanted to see what others would do.