The Official Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers Thread

FORWARDSGionta, Brian-4.75 4.75 FAI like him and think he will put up decent numbers for me, probably one of the few. His future on this team is based on what I can get for him now or near the trade deadline. 24G 24AStillman, Cory- 3 3 FASame as Gionta, not a huge point getter but pretty much all I have. Another one who gets traded at some point of the season.21G 33ARecchi, Mark-2 FAEh, whatever. He is a warm body and might be surrounded by good players to sqeak out a few extra points. 12G 24A White, Todd- 1 1 FA Nothing special, nothin to get too excited about. Maybe he breaks out this year or next. 14G 23APonikarovsky, Alexei - 1 1 1 FACould be good, could be blah. Never really know with this team right? lol 20G 19A Guerin, Bill- 1.5 1.5 FAHe will put up some points and hopefully stay healthy. 22G 19A Samsonov, Sergei-1 1 1 1 1 FA He was the first contract signing where I was messing about with the thing and accidentally signed him for 5 years. I will be buying him out at some point. 20G 25AModin, Fredrik- 1 RFAA warm body who should play some hockey. He should be a top 4 scorer for the Blue Bonnets. 21G 20A Upshall, Scottie 1.25 RFA Picked him up during the FA draft and am happy to have him on the Beavers. Other than that who knows. 16G 20A Walker, Scott 1.5 RFABlah, Blah, Blah. I doubt I will be resigning him next season. 16G 23A Lang, Robert 1 FAMaybe trade bait. I am happy he got moved to Montreal. I think he might put up better numbers there. 21G 38A Bernier, Steve 1.50 1.50 1.50 1.50 FAThis guy could end up getting me some good swag come trade deadline. After getting him during the off season I was bombarded with trade offers. Hopefully he has the expected season and he will have a chance to be traded to a playoff team where he can help a team win the Championship. 100G 213A Wellwood, Kyle- 1 1 1 1 FAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 12G 31A if he loses some weight Tucker, Darcy .75 RFAI don't know much about Darcy. If he gets me a point or two then good for him, I doubt he will be resigned next season. 23G 23A Hecht, Jochen .25 .25 .25 .25 .25 FAFor .25 for the next 5 years, I love him. 20G 32A Reinprecht, Steve .50 .50 FAIf he can stay healthy he should get me some points here and there. Nothing too special though. 15G 28A Schremp, Rob - .75 .75 .75 .75 FAHopefully he keeps impressing MacT and gets a spot on the team. I haven't looked in the past week though so I might be in for some bad news. But he may be the future of the Beavers.Little, Bryan .50 .50 .50 .50 FAI like his upside if he can play with Kovy. We'll see if I he can make me look better since the trade for him was so ridiculously bad on my part that I am still haunted by it today. 15G 24ADawes, Nigel - .50 .50 .50 .50 FAHe has got to get better right? 22G 25ADEFENSEJohnsson, Kim - 1.25 RFAProbably one of my best D men on my crappy team. 6G 22A Beauchemin, Francois - 1 1 1 1 FAThe only other bright spot of my shotty D. 4G 25ADaley, Trevor 1.25 RFAI know nothing of Trevor. I needs D men at the FA draft and he was there and I took him. 5G 20A Colaiacovo, Carlo - .25 .25 .25 .25 .25 FAIf he can stay healthy and get a regular spot on the team then I think I am happy with this expansion draft pick up. Took him off Danny for nothing and he has been trying to get him back ever since. I have no clue what his numbers would be.Commodore, Mike .50 RFANew team, less issue, hopefully means more points. 4G 22A Brewer, Eric .50 RFAI know nothing about Eric, again, I needed a D man and he was there for .50. 3G 22A Ericsson, Jonathan .50 RFAShould not play a factor at all this year. If I could he would be in my farm. He should be a regular on the Wings D next year and from what I have seen and heard he should be a great offensive D man. He will ride the pine for the Beavers all year unless the Wings have some major injuries on D.GOALIESWashington .50 .50 .50 .50 FADecent enough, shouldn't hurt me too bad and should cover the nights my other goalie team is not playing.Detroit 4.5 5 5.5 6 FAWay overpriced but I don't need the cap so who cares. When I get to play them I should be ok in goal and might help me sqeak out a rare win or 2.FARMNemisz, GregBeach, KyleEnnis, TylerAbdelkader, JustinMaxwell, BenRegin, PeterRobak, ColbyI have no plans to bring any farm players up.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR

I like how Dale is just going to make both of our lineups for our game tonight.

Im pretty sure if we ask, Dale would run the whole FCHL for us, set lineups, make trades, free agent pickups....

Your forwards are actually not that bad. A lot of your players are capable of puting up some points for stretches. At the end of the season they're not Tier 1 players but they certainly can be for stretches at a time.

Your forwards are actually not that bad. A lot of your players are capable of puting up some points for stretches. At the end of the season they're not Tier 1 players but they certainly can be for stretches at a time.
agreed. Steve, let me know when you want to upgrade a few pieces up front. I gots good guys for cheap.
  • 2 weeks later...

So far the Beavers have performed well losing their first game against last years FCHL Champs by .5 point then picking up two wins vs the Reserves 2 -1 and the Injured Reserve 2.5 -1.Still early and nothing to get excited about as against any other teams I would have lost all three of those nights but a win is a win.

Big divisional game tonight against the front runner Broadway. A win for me and a Maroons lost will put me alone in first in Division Supreme. Here is the matchup right now for the night though lineups are sure to change throughout the day. Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers Bryan Little Bill Guerin Steve Bernier Darcy Tucker Cory Stillman Brian Gionta Eric Brewer Kim Johnsson Trevor DaleyDetroit Red WingsBroadway Alexander Ovechkin Mike Ribeiro Mike Comrie Milan Hejduk Joe Sakic Brad Boyes Nicklas Lidstrom Sami Salo Jack Hillen Braydon Coburn New Jersey Devils On my bench:Wellwood WhiteRecchiUpshall

Got my ass handed to me by Broadway last night...7-2. It was horrible but felt oddly sensual.Tonight will be the samething against the Ales. No goalies and short a D man. Oh well, at least I got Zach tomorrow night.

This week the Fearsome Beavers made a couple cuts but added two players to help round out the lineup.Kyle "Can you pass the powdered sugar please" Wellwood was cut earlier this week and replaced with Alex Burrows. This will most likely spark the end of his scoring streak.The Beavers were sad to have to let go of prospect Jonathan Ericcson. While the Beavers wanted to keep him and just give up the roster spot for the season with the expectation of Ericsson playing full time next year, the reality was, we needed a player who played daily to fill those often empty D man spots. So the Beavers picked up Henrik Tallinder. Not a prolific point getter but will do for now. He played his first game last night for the Beavers and netted the winning assist.The Beavers are 4-3 but sadly in the better division where they sit 3rd. Any other division they would be in the top spot. The Beavers have 2 games against the Tulane Flyers and the Lost Cause. If we can get out of the weekend with one win we will be content.

• 1 month later...

Since it seems to be working for Zach I guess I will try and get some assistance and thoughts on lineups since I keep losing and usually in the very last minutes of the night. So here is the matchup for Wednesday...Tulane Flyers Ales Kotalik Rod Brind'Amour Ryan Smyth Jarret Stoll Jeff Carter Saku Koivu Philippe Boucher Kimmo Timonen Sergei Zubov Roman Hamrlik Goalie Montreal CanadiensHere are my choices Forwards: Todd White @ Wash * Bryan Little @ Wash * Robert Lang @ Det * Jochen Hecht vs Bos * Bill Guerin vs Pens * Brian Gionta @ Florida * Rostislav Olesz vs Devils Mark Recchi vs NYR Steven Reinprecht @ Columbus Cory Stillman vs Devils (possibly still concussed) Scottie Upshall @ Carolina Scott Walker vs Flyers Nigel Dawes @ TBDefense: Kim Johnsson vs Dallas * Trevor Daley @ Minn * Mike Commodore vs PHX * Carlo Colaiacovo @ Colo * Henrik Tallinder vs BosGoalies: Washington vs Atl Detroit vs Habs*are who I have in the lineup now...still undecided on my goalies

keep an eye on, and start considering, Walker. He has played much better of late, and has had lots of chances. He will have a couple of good statistical games very soon. Id tell you to consider him Wed., but not sure who you would scratch.also, make sure TWhite is healthy. There are questions in Atl whether he had a concussion last week or not.

keep an eye on, and start considering, Walker. He has played much better of late, and has had lots of chances. He will have a couple of good statistical games very soon. Id tell you to consider him Wed., but not sure who you would scratch.also, make sure TWhite is healthy. There are questions in Atl whether he had a concussion last week or not.
I pretty much agree. Walker and White seem like a tossup, so I would put Walker in just in case White is a game time decision.
Btw, why is your name now Piddle Duck?
I came into work one day and all my passwords were reset. I no longer had any idea what my password to my SBriand account was but I knew this accounts pw so I signed it and used it. MY home computer automatically signs me in as SBriand so now I just use Duck at work and SB at home. Plus, some in OT find me more relaxing as Piddle. But that is another story all together.

There was some talk before the games last night that some of the matchups were terribly lopsided and one of those mentioned twice was the Beavers vs. The Ales. Now I have the utmost respect for the Ales. They beat me the only other meeting this year but I was surprised how our team was just fodder for them. I held a brief meeting after the morning skate and told my boys that this is the time to start proving that we are a contender, that any given night we can put up points and strike fear into some of the other teams. We have a long way to go to be consistent winners but we have the ability to take control. The last 2 weeks we have played about 50 minutes of hockey only to sit back the last 10 and see our leads diminish and our 2 pts taken away. THIS HAS TO STOP. TODAY WE FIGHT!And my boys did just that. I took out Hecht, Upshall, and Lisin and replaced them with Burrows, Reinprecht and Poni. Those three went out and got me 5 goals on top of assists by Guerin and Gionta and a goal by Langer. Sadly my goalies were horrible but in the end they were not needed. By the end of the night we ended up winning 4.5 to 1 and hopefully showed the rest of the league that we are not going to be a easy win night in and night out.Next up is Adam and the Lost Cause. I think we are screwed.

*****OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE FROM THE ROYAL OAK FEARSOME BEAVERS PR DEPT.******The Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers today announced the release of player Nigel Dawes following a much-publicized series of remarks Mr. Dawes recently made about platypuses. Said a team official, “We could not in good faith retain a player who has so little regard for the magical platypus, a creature with whom we share not only our flat tails and wonky big teeth but also an appreciation of wood working and jokes about sailors.”Mr. Dawes release follows on the wet, slippery heels of his cruel comments about the ungainly nature of the platypus form. “They’re fat little f***ers!” said the former Fearsome Beaver. “Like if Elisha Cuthbert swallowed a manatee. Or vice versa. I just don’t like ‘em.”

• 1 month later...