The Official Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers Thread

I am bored and have been looking at my team a lot today with the trade deadline coming closer and closer and decided to see how things have panned out with my predictions and who is still a Beaver and who has moved on....

FORWARDSGionta, Brian-4.75 4.75 FAI like him and think he will put up decent numbers for me, probably one of the few. His future on this team is based on what I can get for him now or near the trade deadline. 24G 24AHe has been okay for me so far. He is streaky though. I would like to let him go but there has been 0 interest. 11g 27A in 46 gamesStillman, Cory- 3 3 FASame as Gionta, not a huge point getter but pretty much all I have. Another one who gets traded at some point of the season.21G 33AI had high hopes for Cory but he was on IR for a decent amount this season but since coming back he has produced on game nights well. He is also available and I have had a few offers. 10G 12A in 30 games played.Recchi, Mark-2 FAEh, whatever. He is a warm body and might be surrounded by good players to sqeak out a few extra points. 12G 24A I didn't play him much early on but have been adding him to the lineup more often lately with some success. He is available aas well but has not seen any interest. 10G 21A in 47 games White, Todd- 1 1 FA Nothing special, nothin to get too excited about. Maybe he breaks out this year or next. 14G 23AMissed the boat on Todd. Todd has been great for the Beavers and when he gets on the board so does Little, another Beaver. He is available for the right price. 14G 30A in 48 gamesPonikarovsky, Alexei - 1 1 1 FACould be good, could be blah. Never really know with this team right? lol 20G 19APoni has his moments, will probably just squeak by my prediction of his points production this year. He is available but no interest...14G 16A in 47 games Guerin, Bill- 1.5 1.5 FAHe will put up some points and hopefully stay healthy. 22G 19A Oh if Billy could play for another team. Started out well but has seen a lack of production lately on game nights. He is available as well 14G 18A in 47 games Samsonov, Sergei-1 1 1 1 1 FA He was the first contract signing where I was messing about with the thing and accidentally signed him for 5 years. I will be buying him out at some point. 20G 25ASergei is no longer a Fearsome Beaver. After a very slow start of the season he was let go.Modin, Fredrik- 1 RFAA warm body who should play some hockey. He should be a top 4 scorer for the Blue Bonnets. 21G 20A Freddie is also no longer a Beaver. I believe he was dumped to make room for Matt D'Agostini Upshall, Scottie 1.25 RFA Picked him up during the FA draft and am happy to have him on the Beavers. Other than that who knows. 16G 20AScottie has proved to be useless this year and most likely will not return for another season with the Beavers. 6g 11a in 42 games Walker, Scott 1.5 RFABlah, Blah, Blah. I doubt I will be resigning him next season. 16G 23AWas out for most of the first part of the season with injury, has played here and there and produced a few times. Nothing very special. 3g 10a in 33 games Lang, Robert 1 FAMaybe trade bait. I am happy he got moved to Montreal. I think he might put up better numbers there. 21G 38ALang is one of my top performers and was happy he got moved prior to the season. There is rarely a night he does not produce points when in the lineup. He is up for grabs and has gotten some interest. 16g 20a in 46 games Bernier, Steve 1.50 1.50 1.50 1.50 FAThis guy could end up getting me some good swag come trade deadline. After getting him during the off season I was bombarded with trade offers. Hopefully he has the expected season and he will have a chance to be traded to a playoff team where he can help a team win the Championship. 100G 213A Sigh... I had so many offers in the off season and should have done it. But obv others thought he would produce much more and not be kicked off the Mongoloid Twins line so fast. Obv I was kidding above, but that was because I would get offers to trade him every week prior to the start of the season. 11g 13a in 47 gamesWellwood, Kyle- 1 1 1 1 FAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 12G 31A if he loses some weightSo I gave up on him when he was sent down, then he came back up and became a decent scorer, for a while Tucker, Darcy .75 RFAI don't know much about Darcy. If he gets me a point or two then good for him, I doubt he will be resigned next season. 23G 23Agone Hecht, Jochen .25 .25 .25 .25 .25 FAFor .25 for the next 5 years, I love him. 20G 32AHe is .25, so I don't care, anything he contributes is fine for his salary. 5g 9a in 37 games Reinprecht, Steve .50 .50 FAIf he can stay healthy he should get me some points here and there. Nothing too special though. 15G 28AVery please with his play this season, he has actually come through a lot on game nights and at .50 I can't complain at all 9g 17a in 47 games Schremp, Rob - .75 .75 .75 .75 FAHopefully he keeps impressing MacT and gets a spot on the team. I haven't looked in the past week though so I might be in for some bad news. But he may be the future of the Beavers.Just sitting there waiting for his chance.Little, Bryan .50 .50 .50 .50 FAI like his upside if he can play with Kovy. We'll see if I he can make me look better since the trade for him was so ridiculously bad on my part that I am still haunted by it today. 15G 24AI got a lot of flack for making this trade. Ollie Jokinen for Little and so far I am completely satisfied and happy to have him at .50 for the 3 years. He is who I plan to build around. I was hoping he would play with Kovy but the White, Kozlov, Little line is clearly their best line. 21g 13a in 45 gamesDawes, Nigel - .50 .50 .50 .50 FAHe has got to get better right? 22G 25AGone, he pulled and AveryDEFENSEJohnsson, Kim - 1.25 RFAProbably one of my best D men on my crappy team. 6G 22ADidn't expect a lot but expected more. 1g 11a in 45 games Beauchemin, Francois - 1 1 1 1 FAThe only other bright spot of my shotty D. 4G 25APlayed 18 game before going out for the season and is second in goals by a D man on my team. 4g 1a in 18 gamesDaley, Trevor 1.25 RFAI know nothing of Trevor. I needs D men at the FA draft and he was there and I took him. 5G 20AI like what I see in Daley, and hope to sign him again next season 5g 12a in 45 games Colaiacovo, Carlo - .25 .25 .25 .25 .25 FAIf he can stay healthy and get a regular spot on the team then I think I am happy with this expansion draft pick up. Took him off Danny for nothing and he has been trying to get him back ever since. I have no clue what his numbers would be.Sooo happy Toronto traded him as they never played him. If he can stay healthy I think he will be a decent D man for the Beavers for the next 4 years. 1g 12 a in 37 gamesCommodore, Mike .50 RFANew team, less issue, hopefully means more points. 4G 22AHe has done well for me on game nights, no complaints at all 4g 15a in 47 games Brewer, Eric .50 RFAI know nothing about Eric, again, I needed a D man and he was there for .50. 3G 22AGone Ericsson, Jonathan .50 RFAShould not play a factor at all this year. If I could he would be in my farm. He should be a regular on the Wings D next year and from what I have seen and heard he should be a great offensive D man. He will ride the pine for the Beavers all year unless the Wings have some major injuries on D.Gone and I will kick myself over and over for letting him go.GOALIESWashington .50 .50 .50 .50 FADecent enough, shouldn't hurt me too bad and should cover the nights my other goalie team is not playing.Gone and good riddance. I rarely played Wash but when I did they gave up 5-7 goals almost every other time. Now I have Pittsburgh and they have yet to play a game for the Beavers yetDetroit 4.5 5 5.5 6 FAWay overpriced but I don't need the cap so who cares. When I get to play them I should be ok in goal and might help me sqeak out a rare win or 2.They started to look good expect for the 6 goals they gave up the last FCHL gameFARMNemisz, GregBeach, KyleEnnis, TylerAbdelkader, JustinMaxwell, BenRegin, PeterRobak, ColbyI have no plans to bring any farm players up.
Additions to the teamEnver LisinMatt D'AgostiniFrans NielsonAlex BurrowsRotsilav OleszWillie Mitchell Barett Jackman
  • Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR Letesu vs TOR

I like how Dale is just going to make both of our lineups for our game tonight.

Im pretty sure if we ask, Dale would run the whole FCHL for us, set lineups, make trades, free agent pickups....

you can have wellwood back for a 5th rounder if you like.
you said this before and I offered it up and you rejected it. Now with him being second in goals on the team, 8 PPG and getting benched as a healthy scratch then being put on the line with enforcers...no thanks.
you said this before and I offered it up and you rejected it. Now with him being second in goals on the team, 8 PPG and getting benched as a healthy scratch then being put on the line with enforcers...no thanks.
I know, right? feast or famine, that guy.

The Beavers just aquired Fabio Brunnstrom from the Wheat Ales for Robert Lang.The Beavers were sad to see Langer go as he was a top 3 player but since Lang was a FA after this year it was decided that the Beavers should get what they can and Fabio will hopefully be a good piece to this team in the future.Beavers also gave a 09 3rd rounder and upgraded a 09 5th rounder to a 4th rounder.

The Beavers just aquired Fabio Brunnstrom from the Wheat Ales for Robert Lang.The Beavers were sad to see Langer go as he was a top 3 player but since Lang was a FA after this year it was decided that the Beavers should get what they can and Fabio will hopefully be a good piece to this team in the future.Beavers also gave a 09 3rd rounder and upgraded a 09 5th rounder to a 4th rounder.
then promptly Brunnstrom was sent to the minors..

Trade day has passed and the Beavers made a ton of moves. Nothing ground breaking, just moves to help clear up some cap space for next year.Cory Stillman and his $3 left the team in return for a farm player and a pickPittsburgh was exchanged for Carolina and a pick and a $1 savings Detroit and their $5 salary next year was moved and replaced with Anahiem at $2.50 so another $2.50 in space.Still a couple moves in the off-season I would like to make but if the FA draft was to start today I would probably have 5 spots to fill and $25.75 to play with in cap space.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't know if I tell you this enough Steve, but I really, really, REALLY hate that you drafted Tyler Ennis before I had a chance to snap him up in the 4th round. Medicine Hat won 6-2 last night, and he scored all 6 of them. :club:

I don't know if I tell you this enough Steve, but I really, really, REALLY hate that you drafted Tyler Ennis before I had a chance to snap him up in the 4th round. Medicine Hat won 6-2 last night, and he scored all 6 of them. :club:
haha, I think he had like 4g and 1a the game before as well. He is looking like a stud I just hope his size will work in the NHL. We can discuss getting him on your team over a beer in Toronto in May.==========================================So the season is over for the Royal Oak Fearsome Beavers. The team did well for a expansion team filled with old vets and "depth" players. Many have moved on to help others in the playoffs but the core is intact and hopefully next season the Beavers can pick up a proven forward and a defenseman in the FA draft. Now the GM has to figure out who to keep and who to either trade or let go. Does Burrows continue to overachieve next season? Does Guerin or Reinprecht have enough in the tank to be around next season to add some depth on the bench? Will Giguere get the holes in his body sewed up during the off-season? Many questions, but if this team finished 9th this season, with some added talent they have every chance to compete for a playoff spot next year.
  • 4 months later...

Well my 2009 FCHL Entry Draft has ended. Started the draft with 4 picks and ended up moving around and ended up with 5. 1 in the 2nd, 3 in the 3rd and one in the 5th.John Moore - CLB - DI was set on two D men this draft, Moore and Elliot. I was able to grab Moore and lost Elliot to the Lost Cause but I am content. I have liked everything I have read on this guy, great skater, tons of offensive upside and on a team that might need him sooner rather than later. Some have said he is like Raflalski and other say JayBo, either one would be fine by me.Anton Rodin - VAN - F Complete chance but he seems to have some offensive talent and everything written about him in last weeks VAN prospect camp was that he looks great and was a huge surprise. David Runblad - STL - DI was surprised he was still around late 3rd. Jeff almost, well did have me ignoring him but when looking for another D man at this point of the draft I could not let him slip by.Carter Ashton - TB - FI don't know a ton about him but it seems many scouts think he could be a great power forward in the NHL and again, he was there and I took him.Zach Budish - NSH - F Not excited about the team he is on and he looks like a real dick on his facebook account but if he comes back from his knee injury and plays well with the big boys like he did in Edina I believe, then maybe I got a gem in the 5th. If not, oh well, no biggie

• 1 month later...

So this is where I sit with the FA draft on the horizon... Brunnstrom, Fabian 2Burrows, Alex 1.25Lisin, Enver 1Guerin, Bill 1.5 White, Todd 1 Ponikarovsky, Alexei 1 Olesz, Rostislav 1.00 Bernier, Steve 1.50 Clarkson, David 0.25 Hecht, Jochen 0.25 Reinprecht, Steven 0.5 Schremp, Rob 0.75 Little, Bryan 0.5 Daley, Trevor 1.25Beauchemin, Francois 1.00 Colaiacovo, Carlo 0.25Commodore, Mike 0.5Anaheim Ducks 2.5 Carolina Hurricanes 1.5 RFA's:Grabovski, Mikhail RFA ($3.75 to sign)Nielsen, Frans RFA ($1 to sign)Moulson, Matt RFA ($.25 to sign)Johnsson, Kim RFA ($1.25 to sign)Oduya, David Johnny RFA ($2.75 to sign)I would like to sign Grab and Oduya but the their salaries are a little inflated. Right now I have 19 players signed and $37.25 to spend at the FA draft for 6-8 players. I believe I have the second most cap space available and plan to spend it all.

Just my two cents with some players, of Leaf flavour.Look for Pony to have a huge year as its a contract year and he will get more PP and top line minutes.Grabovski has shown flashes of brilliance but has gone into long stretches(10-15 games) of nothing. If he can stay consistent and with the added muscle in Orr, Primeau, Exelby it should open up the game for guys like Blake and Grabovski to score more this year.Carlo Coliinjurio is baahhh..only a quarter i guess is ok.Bryan Little is a good one.