If you grew up playing more console games than PC games then you tend to sway toward the console controller and vice versa.
I'm going to disagree, since I grew up playing console games since the early 80's and never had a gaming pc until the late 90's.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

I'm going to disagree, since I grew up playing console games since the early 80's and never had a gaming pc until the late 90's.
for me the only thing I have ever played on my computer is the sims. I was never one to have really great computers. And to me it is just easier and cheaper, though it might not be, to just play on a console compared to a computer. Not too mention I am not the greatest when it comes to computers so if something went wrong I would need to rely on people or paying for it to be fixed rather than fix it myself.

my ps3 is broken :ts it will no longer read discs, everything else works but it just wont read discs :4h anyone else had this problem? called sony and i need to send it to them and $180 to get it fixed. send donations to nvrquit29(victoria) :club:

Well then our scientific data shows this....One person has played console games from the late 80's and then started playing on PC ten years later and finds PC's being much better in terms of control in an FPS game.One person has played only console games from the 70's to present day and each time he has attempted to play an FPS on a computer he throws the computer out the window having to purchase yet another computer.Results are being tabulated:Results: Nothing has been proven. One person who played PC games longer likes the PC controllers where as the person who has played console games longer likes the console controls better.Conclusion: There is no right or wrong. It is all personal preference. There is no facts involved in the statement "WASD/Mouse > any console controller when it comes to FPS gaming.":club:
my ps3 is broken :ts it will no longer read discs, everything else works but it just wont read discs :4h anyone else had this problem? called sony and i need to send it to them and $180 to get it fixed. send donations to nvrquit29(victoria) :club:
I have a 360 so when it has a problem I ship it out free of charge to MS and they fix it and send it back free of charge and add on another year warranty on top of the 3 year warranty. My suggestion, buy a 360 with the $180.
Results: Nothing has been proven. One person who played PC games longer likes the PC controllers where as the person who has played console games longer likes the console controls better.
Wait, who played PC games longer than console games. I think were both in the same boat. :club:

pretty excited found a place by my house that is selling UFC Undisputed before the midnight release. Should be getting it in about an hour and playing in a hour and half.

I tried it and realized I would rather chop my head off. I have been playing hardened and that is crazy too. As for shooting should really check out the training. It is a bit long but it does help. Can't wait game gets released in less that 14 hours.
After the incessant cussing that incurred when I played through veteran on Call of Duty 2 and Call of Duty 4 I think I will wait before I tackle this one.Also, you guys can add my 360 to the grave yard. 16 month old Elite and it red rings on me. Thank god for my brother moving in with me and bringing his 360 with him. However it sucks balls nonetheless.

You guys are starting to make me freak about my 360. It's a launch system (dear lord) still hasn't red ringed yet. Went to the store with my friend when were both super stoked about it, picked up two machines, one right next to the other. His has already died, maybe a year ago or so. It worries me because mine has been giving a dirty disc error a lot to random games and discs that are perfectly fine. Maybe, by some miracle, I escaped with an OK one. Part of me wants it to die anyway, I want an elite, and currently am still rocking that 20GB hard drive, which is really more like 7GB.

mine got shipped yesterday. they replaced it with another pro despite it being 3+ years old. it'll have been gone 10 days total.those of you thinking you're out of luck with RROD, go and enter your serial on microsofts website. there's a great chance that if you actually have the 3 red light ring your repair / replacement is free.i realize it's less common with the wii, but my friends wii died and it was over 100 to repair

mine got shipped yesterday. they replaced it with another pro despite it being 3+ years old. it'll have been gone 10 days total.those of you thinking you're out of luck with RROD, go and enter your serial on microsofts website. there's a great chance that if you actually have the 3 red light ring your repair / replacement is free.i realize it's less common with the wii, but my friends wii died and it was over 100 to repair
mine's still under warranty for another year and a half, so I'm good to goIt just sucks that it died. I was playing Rock Band 2 and in the middle of making a setlist I heard a beep from the 360 and the system froze. I hit the power button and the red ring showed up.
which, as far as I know, still doesn't have the medic update due to size limitations...they've already tweaked the medic, heavy, scout, pyro, and sniper on the PCI'm okay with people preferring one style of play to another. I'm just pissed that I'm the odd man in the only online community I enjoy frequenting.
I just find it cheaper to game on a console. My brother is one of those people who wouldn't think twice about throwing $2K for a gaming computer. My line of thinking is that the $2K can buy me a 360, PS3, Wii, etc. and also afford me a hell of a game library with accessories...and still have money left over to make a mortgage payment or two.
I just find it cheaper to game on a console. My brother is one of those people who wouldn't think twice about throwing $2K for a gaming computer. My line of thinking is that the $2K can buy me a 360, PS3, Wii, etc. and also afford me a hell of a game library with accessories...and still have money left over to make a mortgage payment or two.
I was going to post pretty much the same thing yesterday but I got pulled away. Console gaming makes much better sense for my pocketbook and my well being. My wife sees me updating or buying new computers every 9 months to be able to play games and she would not be pleased. Buying a console (for much less than a gaming computer) every 3-4 years doesn't bother her too much.
I was going to post pretty much the same thing yesterday but I got pulled away. Console gaming makes much better sense for my pocketbook and my well being. My wife sees me updating or buying new computers every 9 months to be able to play games and she would not be pleased. Buying a console (for much less than a gaming computer) every 3-4 years doesn't bother her too much.
I have to agree here, plus given the fact that rumors are abound that the life cycle of the current gen systems are going to be longer than they have been previously. We're going into year 5 of the 360, when there was a 5 years cycle between the OG Xbox and the 360, and around 6 years between the PS2 and the PS3, and there is no slowdown in good games. Honestly, with the ability to knock out firmware bugs via online patches, and solid (or semi-solid in MS's case, but given their warranty options and their attempts to fix the problems) hardware in place, there really is no need.
Your math is horrible. Not to mention estimation of the lifespan of a gaming PC is way off.My PS3 = 500My 360 = 450My Wii = 250So that's 1200 just on consoles. Price of the gaming PC I just built late last year was just under 900. Nothing on it will be outdated for at least two years and even then I'll just be able to run a second video card that by the time will cost me another 100 dollars or less and it will be looking as good as what the PS4 or Xbox 720 will be doing and easily keep up with all current games for the next 4 years. Lets talk accessories...Extra Controller for PS 3 = 60Extra Controller for 360 = 503 extra Wii controllers + nunchucks = 180ishController and headset for PC, less than 50.Then we can talk games, the average new PS3 and 360 games are 60 a pop, PC games rarely come out for more than 50.Just to be clear: anyone paying 2k+ for a "gaming" pc, is probably retarded.