Hey, I posted earlier on this thread that I was looking for an XBOX 360. I' found one in my city on Craig's List but I know there are several different models. Which one is the best and does not have problems with the red ring of death?Edit: The one I'm looking at is white and was purchased in Dec. '08.
First off, stay away from the "arcade" version since they do not come with a HDD. Unless the listing implicitly says that particular arcade version has a HDD then don't attempt to buy one. An "elite" version is the black colored 360 and has the 120GB HDD with it...it should still fall under the 3 year warranty in case something should happen. The newest model is the 60GB "premium" and came out late last year. I would ask the person with the listing when the system was bought, that way you can gauge how much time is left on the warranty. The warranties start from the date the system is sold.A rule of thumb is that the newer the system the less chance there is for the RRoD. That's not all inclusive of course, but it's something to go by.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Elite is best, but I think they all have RROD issues. Some worse than others. Jadaki knows more specifically.
Right now I'd say the best is the Arcade version but really all of them are RRoD prone. I thought I was safe when I bought an Elite a year ago but I experienced the Red Ring of Death after owning it for 10 months.Anyway whichever you choose will come come with a 3 year warranty so Microsoft will fix your Xbox if it experiences the RRoD.edit: aadams is right though, the Arcade doesn't come with an HDD or HDMI cables. I 4got about that.
First off, stay away from the "arcade" version since they do not come with a HDD. Unless the listing implicitly says that particular arcade version has a HDD then don't attempt to buy one. An "elite" version is the black colored 360 and has the 120GB HDD with it...it should still fall under the 3 year warranty in case something should happen. The newest model is the 60GB "premium" and came out late last year. I would ask the person with the listing when the system was bought, that way you can gauge how much time is left on the warranty. The warranties start from the date the system is sold.A rule of thumb is that the newer the system the less chance there is for the RRoD. That's not all inclusive of course, but it's something to go by.
Thanks for the replies. The picture in the ad shows a white version and includes (wireless controller, two rechargeable batteries with rapid charger, HDMI cable, component cable, Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Call of Duty 4, Dead Space, Fallout 3, and Halo 3.)I emailed him to find out more info regarding the HDD.

This is what he told me "Arcade with 256 built in memory." He's offering it with everything I listed above for $275 obo. I'm thinking of offering him $225 to see if he takes it. You guys think it's worth it?

This is what he told me "Arcade with 256 built in memory." He's offering it with everything I listed above for $275 obo. I'm thinking of offering him $225 to see if he takes it. You guys think it's worth it?
the 256 built in mem. unit means there's no hdd.without a hard drive you won't be able to play most of those games.you could just try looking for a 20gb hard drive on craigs list for around $30.edit: $250 would seem like a decent price for that bundle though considering COD4, Dead Space and Fallout 3 are three of the top 360 titles and still sell for around $40 used.
the 256 built in mem. unit means there's no hdd.without a hard drive you won't be able to play most of those games.you could just try looking for a 20gb hard drive on craigs list for around $30.edit: $250 would seem like a decent price for that bundle though considering COD4, Dead Space and Fallout 3 are three of the top 360 titles and still sell for around $40 used.
So you're saying I won't be able to play those games without the HDD?
So you're saying I won't be able to play those games without the HDD?
Right.The 256mb is ideal for XBOX 360 arcade games like pacman, uno, etc.You'll need a few gigs to play and save progress in games like cod4, fallout 3, etc. as well as to download demos, rip music and all that.
Right.The 256mb is ideal for XBOX 360 arcade games like pacman, uno, etc.You'll need a few gigs to play and save progress in games like cod4, fallout 3, etc. as well as to download demos, rip music and all that.
Ok, thanks. I'm gonna try to find a cheap HDD.

you can still purchase an HDD for an arcade version, so not all is lostand the one thing is that the 360 games don't take anywhere near as much memory as the PS3 games do, so a 60 GB will more than suffice for most gamersthe only thing you really need lots of HDD space for is games like Rock Band, or games that you want to install to the HDD like Fallout 3, Last Remnant, etc.

btw Asimo, you're from the Chicago area if I'm not mistaken right?Sucks you weren't looking for a system earlier cause I just sold my refurbished 360 Elite with a bunch of games a few weeks ago.

btw Asimo, you're from the Chicago area if I'm not mistaken right?Sucks you weren't looking for a system earlier cause I just sold my refurbished 360 Elite with a bunch of games a few weeks ago.
Los Angeles I believe
you're in my backyard then
Are you just east of MO? I'm staying in the CWE, been out to Ameristar and Lumiere a few times. Poker action kinda sucks out here, compared to LA...
Are you just east of MO? I'm staying in the CWE, been out to Ameristar and Lumiere a few times. Poker action kinda sucks out here, compared to LA...
I'm currently 90 minutes from downtown, but I did live in St. Louis for a few years after I graduated college, and know the city pretty well. The CWE has some fun spots, but I prefer University City and Soulard more. Also, yes the poker sucks here.
The Elites are sitting just above a 1% risk of RROD, where other models of the 360 go between 9-16%.The Elites are by far the least likely to experience the problem.
Nice, Thanks for the info.
the old version of oregon trail had a tombstone for someone named "peperony" or some similar ridiculous misspelling programmed to show up in every game you played, early enough that you'd never be able to have someone die regardless of how bad you plan. I don't know why I found it so funny.
I was thinking of this:

I don't know if this is nationwide, but at my local Wal-Mart (Benton, IL) they have some Wii Points cards marked down. The Wii Points cards in question are bundled with a sleeve for the "classic controller" add on. My brother and I were able to get 2000 Wii points for $15.00 (normally $20.00). The odd thing is that they were selling stand alone 2000 point cards right next to these boxes for full price. Check your local Wal-Mart's to see if they are doing the same thing.

Has anyone here tried playing Resident Evil 5 Co-Op online with a friend? My friend has it and asked me to rent it so we can play Co-Op online but the online menu suck ass in this game.If anyone has done this please let me know how you can create a game and invite a player to it. Right now we are able to create a game and host it online but we cannot invite each other. Also, we can not find our game in the lobby, we see other peoples games but not either one of ours. Are we forgetting/missing something?