Have I said I'm excited about NHL 09 coming out next week. Only question I have is that I've seen release dates of Sept 9th (Tues) and the 11th (Thurs). Anyone know the story there?
Went to one of my local Gamestops today and asked about when they'll have it and the sales associate said most likely the 10th because the game ships on the 9th. Also bought Assassins Creed mainly because I couldn't turn down the new low price of 30 dollars, I'll still probably be disappointed.
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

ate='Thursday, August 28th, 2008, 2:34 PM' post='2766155']There is just nothing like it. The online portion is set up in a way where people starting out have a chance, but it does reward veterans for progressing through the leveling up process. The online portion is practically fully customizable.This video shows it off much better than I could tell it. http://www.gametrailers.com/player/27458.htmlWhat I can tell you though is that most of us here have had the game since launch (Nov 07), and most of us still have the game in our regular rotation due to the multiplayer.
u lied!I keep getting pwned, wtf.

CoD4 lvl 44 3rd prestigeMadden 09 Lions 11-5 (lol) and Bills 3-2NCAA 09 USF finished the first season under my coaching at 10-2 and won the lost against Clemson in some bowl game I can't remember. Starting the new season ranked #11 with many of my keys guys returning.

I'm getting better with the NHL 09 demo. I've been playing the Be a Pro mode almost exclusively and I've found that when I go back to the normal mode it's just not as fun. I think I posted this else where but after trading in a bunch of games I was able to put $56.75ish toward a copy of NHL 2009 that I'm going to pickup sometime during that day on Wednesday. I also ordered a bluetooth headset to serve as my PS3 headset when I play online and also as bluetooth for my cell cellphone.NHL 09 ReviewOne of the best sports franchises around has upped its game yet again.

I'm getting better with the NHL 09 demo. I've been playing the Be a Pro mode almost exclusively and I've found that when I go back to the normal mode it's just not as fun. I think I posted this else where but after trading in a bunch of games I was able to put $56.75ish toward a copy of NHL 2009 that I'm going to pickup sometime during that day on Wednesday. I also ordered a bluetooth headset to serve as my PS3 headset when I play online and also as bluetooth for my cell cellphone.NHL 09 ReviewOne of the best sports franchises around has upped its game yet again.
Sucks that you have a PS3 though...:club:
Sucks that you have a PS3 though...:club:
I know your just mad that you can't play with me online.Honestly thought I don't have any complaints about my ps3. Haven't really done much with it besides GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, and the NHL 09 demo. I wonder what kinda of "fun" I'm in for though when I test out the PS3 for online play.
I know your just mad that you can't play with me online.Honestly thought I don't have any complaints about my ps3, I've never been . Haven't really done much with it besides GTA IV, Assassin's Creed, and the NHL 09 demo. I wonder what kinda of "fun" I'm in for though when I test out the PS3 for online play.
I am not mad, I am sad...At least rocket and zach have a 360. I think Adam has a ps3 so you two can play with each other and aadams...depends on which system he gets it for.I am sure the Ps3 is fine. If it wasn't so much money and had anything exclusive that I wanted I would have gotten one but I can play any game you have and I spent a lot less money...js. :club:
I tried out The Force Unleashed demo this weekend... this comic sums up how powerful your character is.One of the few Star Wars games where you play as a Jedi and actually feel more powerful than everyone.
I tried to get the one on PS3, not sure which demo you played. It wouldn't install though, so I just gave up and deleted it and I dunno if I wanna redownload it, cause it's one of the bigger demo's ever.Worth it you think?
I tried to get the one on PS3, not sure which demo you played. It wouldn't install though, so I just gave up and deleted it and I dunno if I wanna redownload it, cause it's one of the bigger demo's ever.Worth it you think?
It's a large download for how short of a demo it is. I played through it twice though just because it was fun and I kept trying to be more ridiculous with my force powers, so I'd say go for it.

I didn't like the Star Wars demo, but I no longer get into those games much anymore. So I played my Lions playoff game this morning before work. It was against Carolina. Started out poorly. DeAngelo ran it well on the first drive and they scored making it 7-0.I went 3 and out in my first drive. They easily took it down the field in like 15 plays before I finally stopped them short of the goal line. 10-0I struggled my way down field and ended it with a 47yd FG 10-3I got the ball back with 58 seconds left, no timeouts left in the first half and scored on a 37 yd pass play to Roy Williams. 10-10 at the half.I got the ball to start the half and made a FG to take the lead 13-10. They marched it down the field for a TD to make it 17-13. I threw an interception and they ended up taking a field goal 20-13.I took a long drive and scored making it 20-20 at the 2:00 warning.They ended up with a FG with 1:13 left to play 23-20.4th down and 10 on their 37 yard line...9 seconds left, no timeouts. No way Hanson kicks a 54 yarder. So I go for it. Pick a slants play and then hot route Calvin on a streak since they lined up man to man. Looked good when I snapped the ball and the SS went to the middle and didn't add more coverage to Calvin. I run to my left and heave it and Calvin makes the catch on the 10 or so yard line but the ball was behind him so he lost momentum and then the DB goes to tackle but Calvin only glances off him but loses about 5 yards, I turn him toward the goalline and the SS trips him by his shoelaces and I fall on the 9 yardline and the clock hits 0.End of season. Super Bowl was Eagles vs Chargers. Chargers won.

tw'09, ps3.played st andrews from the white tees, 8 eagles and a 48 to open one of the 5-million-dollar suits. now i just have to power through a season to get that much cash. could have had a 46 if i biride 17 rather than my only bogie of the round.did a couple rounds online, undefeated against mediocre players in the beginner's lounge. i rule!!

Has anybody played Bully on the 360?I've heard good things about it and might pick it up later today...
Yea, I like it a lot. It's like GTA with a more linear structure and clear cut objectives in an obviously different setting. Fun game.

stalled in my COD4 playing at 50 1st prestige; i decided to try and get full ironman on full tilt this month, so that occupies most of my non work / non wife time... a goal that will be in seriousl jeopardy when the force unleashed comes out next week. some of my favorite games of all time are star wars games (KOTOR I and II, jedi knight series, etc) and the demo was ridiculous fun, and it only takes place about 10% of the way through the game, so getting exponentially more powerful on top of the demo will be nuts.

tw'09, ps3.played st andrews from the white tees, 8 eagles and a 48 to open one of the 5-million-dollar suits. now i just have to power through a season to get that much cash. could have had a 46 if i biride 17 rather than my only bogie of the round.did a couple rounds online, undefeated against mediocre players in the beginner's lounge. i rule!!
We should play a round online.... PSN: Asimo22.

Busy week for games. Got Force Unleashed yesterday played it for a few hours and will probably put in a few more tonight after work. So far I'm quite impressed. Although I had low expectations given all the bad reviews people had been giving it.Today I also got NHL 09 and Rock Band 2 so could be a long night ahead for me :club:

Busy week for games. Got Force Unleashed yesterday played it for a few hours and will probably put in a few more tonight after work. So far I'm quite impressed. Although I had low expectations given all the bad reviews people had been giving it.Today I also got NHL 09 and Rock Band 2 so could be a long night ahead for me :club:
Check out the NHL 09 topic on the Hockey Board here. We are getting a FCP team together for PS3 and Xbox360, though I think there are only two people with PS3's.Got my NHL 09 at lunch today and just waiting to get out of work!!
and where did you buy the game that is not out yet exactly?