Just got a new laptop today. Can anyone recommend any good games that aren't too graphically demanding but still very fun to play?It's not a gaming laptop but its not a piece of shit either, so throw out some suggestions.I like everything from shooters to sports to real time strategy. Just no RPGs like WoW or anything like that.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PS4 stopped working last week, wouldn't read a disc. I checked carefully and couldn't see anything jammed and sent it to Sony (It's literally 2 weeks old).   They sent it back 3 days later wit

No I've been curious about it. Which also reminds me, Fez.

Just got a new laptop today. Can anyone recommend any good games that aren't too graphically demanding but still very fun to play?It's not a gaming laptop but its not a piece of shit either, so throw out some suggestions.I like everything from shooters to sports to real time strategy. Just no RPGs like WoW or anything like that.
CIV IVOrange Box (or just the individuals of Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2 episodes)Left 4 Dead in a monthSporeCrysis Warhead is pretty demanding on it's high settings but those can be turned down.
CIV IVOrange Box (or just the individuals of Team Fortress 2, Portal, Half Life 2 episodes)Left 4 Dead in a monthSporeCrysis Warhead is pretty demanding on it's high settings but those can be turned down.
thanks for the suggestions.will probably pick up orange box as i've heard good things.Anyone as excited as me about the new Fifa 09 coming out today?Demo seemed pretty solid and this looks to be the game that will really put the "Pro Evolution has better gameplay" debate to rest.Also, really excited about Gears of War 2 next month as well as COD World at War. And Tom Clancy's End War has been on my radar and will definitely be worth checking out when it comes out.
thanks for the suggestions.will probably pick up orange box as i've heard good things.Anyone as excited as me about the new Fifa 09 coming out today?Demo seemed pretty solid and this looks to be the game that will really put the "Pro Evolution has better gameplay" debate to rest.Also, really excited about Gears of War 2 next month as well as COD World at War. And Tom Clancy's End War has been on my radar and will definitely be worth checking out when it comes out.
yes, I'm not looking forward to having to decide between GoW2 and COD5 for my gaming time. I'm skeptical of the company making COD5 because it's the people who made COD3, not COD4. COD3 was pretty half arsed imo.
yes, I'm not looking forward to having to decide between GoW2 and COD5 for my gaming time. I'm skeptical of the company making COD5 because it's the people who made COD3, not COD4. COD3 was pretty half arsed imo.
Yeah, but I've seen a good deal from it and it looks very comparable to 4. Treyarch is putting a lot of effort into it. The online play looks so solid. Quantum of Solace, Fallout 3, Gears 2, COD:WaW, and Fable 2 all interest me so it'll definitely be tough finding time.
Same here. I was not a big fan of any of the CODs until COD 4, because it was modern. I'm hoping that the online play is good and that they offer cool guns and weapons.Anyone looking into SOCOM: Confrontation? I was a huge SOCOM 1 and SOCOM 2 fan back on PS2...

Just got a sweet 64 emulator, obv starting with Zelda OoT (worth looking for marjora's?), then mario 64, then probably Goldeneye. (gotta love 4way multiplayer, though from what i remember it usually just decends into a proximity mine war) maybe it's just nostalgia but these games seemed so much better than the new releases i've played.

Same here. I was not a big fan of any of the CODs until COD 4, because it was modern. I'm hoping that the online play is good and that they offer cool guns and weapons.Anyone looking into SOCOM: Confrontation? I was a huge SOCOM 1 and SOCOM 2 fan back on PS2...
I was a huge SOCOM fan but after the second one I really stopped playing it. I am not too sure about COD 5 but I have heard the online play is suppose to be crazy. And a lot of the guys I play COD 4 with are all looking at getting 5 so I might pick it up. I made another thread about it but figured I would just hype up the Saints Row 2 coming out today also. Gonna leave in a little bit to pick it up.
I am at Prestige 5 level 20 something.I always go Prestige right when it's available. I definitely does keep the game challenging and fresh. I can understand that you really like having the 3 frag but when you go into the next prestige it will help you a lot in your overall game to not have to depend on it which will make you a better player over time. Also, you'll learn to use different guns that you don't have available in the lower levels, again very helpful in improving your all around game.I don't try to go for any gold guns, I think I only have the Desert Eagle in Gold right now. I told myself I'm going to get to Prestige 10 before doing this or trying to complete any every single challenge.Go Prestige. Trust me you won't regret it.The worst thing that will happen is that it'll take you 3 weeks +/- to get back to level 41 to get the 3 frag...
I took your advice and I prestiged the about two days ago. I am already at level 17 and I gotta say for some reason it has made me a bit better with the game. The one thing I do miss though is the 3 frags cause I have a hard time with the c4. And the grenade launchers are hit and miss and to me the RPG is the worst thing. I have no idea how the hell to aim that damn thing.
I took your advice and I prestiged the about two days ago. I am already at level 17 and I gotta say for some reason it has made me a bit better with the game. The one thing I do miss though is the 3 frags cause I have a hard time with the c4. And the grenade launchers are hit and miss and to me the RPG is the worst thing. I have no idea how the hell to aim that damn thing.
I said prior that I would stop at 3rd prestige. By the time I was able to prestige to level 4, I did it. I suck. But already level 30.

i haven't played a final fantasy since hating x2 after a couple hours of play. teal was at blockbuster & picker up a used copy of xii for me. my first 'target' to kill is this guy:tomato.jpgyes. a rogue tomato. i'm tempted to not continue playing.

i haven't played a final fantasy since hating x2 after a couple hours of play. teal was at blockbuster & picker up a used copy of xii for me. my first 'target' to kill is this guy:tomato.jpgyes. a rogue tomato. i'm tempted to not continue playing.
lol I forgot about that. Great game. I really need to get component cables for the PS2 so I can finish that game.

Deep SpaceReally enjoying this game. Not my usual genre but so far it has been fun. On chapter 4 right now.COD4Well I prestiged when I said I wouldn't so now level 35 4th prestige. Playing S&D and Headquarters makes leveling go much faster than playing TDM and FFA like I usually did.NHL 09Really got tied into my Coyotes franchise. Currently 28-22-4 and sitting in the 6th playoff spot. Turris is tearing up with 27 goals in his rookie season.

Been playing a lot of FIFA 09. Is anyone planning on getting Fable 2?
Think I'm going to get it this week, I've got some things I want to trade in to pick it up and put down some pre-orders.
Been playing a lot of FIFA 09. Is anyone planning on getting Fable 2?
Man I just can't used to FIFA 09.I dominate at the Semi-Pro skill level and win matches like 5-1 but I get crushed in the Professional skill level and only manage to squeeze out 1-0 wins occasionally.
Man I just can't used to FIFA 09.I dominate at the Semi-Pro skill level and win matches like 5-1 but I get crushed in the Professional skill level and only manage to squeeze out 1-0 wins occasionally.
I just bought it and am getting back into it. I used to dominate FIFA 06 on PS2, but that was the last FIFA game I ever played, and it's quite different now.

Bought Rockband 2 today.I gave in and bought the instruments too, I wanted the new drums mainly. The new pedal is way better. The guitar works nicely too compared to the others I have, which both have different issues. Only played like 2 songs so far cause of dinner and the neg-o, but new layout looks nice, and they just tweaked a few things that secretly annoyed me.No screws on the guitar batteries now. Metal guard over the drum pedal and to start a band session, you have to hit start instead of green, so you don't get people hitting random buttons screwing things up. And the new drum trainer is pretty good. Gives a bunch of different types of beats and speeds to practice with.Those are the initial reactions.I'll probably sell my other instruments on Ebay and eventually get the GH world tour and possibly get an extra guitar from that too, so I have one of each, and I can decide what I like best. (Since they'll be compatible on for each others game PS3 this time around, yay.)

As for me still playing COD 4. After I finally prestiged for the first time @ level 30 I believe. Also been playing Saints Row. Really like saints row find it more fun to drive around than GTA IVHaven't gotten to try the multiplayer yet but hope to do it soon.

Another ridiculously busy week for games. Fallout 3Far Cry 2Fable 2Guitar Hero 4Still trying to finish up Dead Space as well. I've skipped so many games recently as well. Fracture, Silent Hill, Golden Axe, SOCOM, Midnight club. Too many games not enough time :club:

Another ridiculously busy week for games. Fallout 3
Can't wait to get this, buying the PC version because user mods will be fun. It's getting pretty nice reviews from the European trade magazines who got early copies.