2008-2009 Nfl Season

I'd kill to have Reed instead of Williams :club:
Just tell me who the target is and I'll get in my car....
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can start with my babies momma...
I'll do it if we get Reed. I could care less who or what gets Williams.
Have you guys seen this? It's very gimmicky but could be effective in high school. A-11 offense
Wow...that's an annoying looking offense (I'm an old-school guy. Not even a big fan of the spread.) There's no doubt this can be effective in high school. I wonder how long it will be until we see it in college.
Wow...that's an annoying looking offense (I'm an old-school guy. Not even a big fan of the spread.) There's no doubt this can be effective in high school. I wonder how long it will be until we see it in college.
I actually really like the shotgun spread in hs and college for some reason even though I HATE the option. It is just exciting to me.This new offense looks like that weirdass punt formation that some of these college teams use. Not a chance this makes it to the pros, EVER.
I actually really like the shotgun spread in hs and college for some reason even though I HATE the option. It is just exciting to me.This new offense looks like that weirdass punt formation that some of these college teams use. Not a chance this makes it to the pros, EVER.
Haha, I agree this wouldn't ever fly in the pro's. I could see a team like Hawaii or Utah using this down the line, though.

Cowboys cut Glenn. It was the right move, guy needs to retire with the chance he has of repeating his injury.So now Crayton needs to quit being butter fingers or we need to look at getting a better second option at WR.

Terrance Newman is out for 3 weeks... hopefully he won't be hampered during the season.

espn radio this morning is saying that the Packers might actually trade Favre to the Vikings... (insider info...)

espn radio this morning is saying that the Packers might actually trade Favre to the Vikings... (insider info...)
If they do this, the Packers are huge wusses. They have let a player dictate to them. If they sit his a$$ on the bench for two weeks I bet he would retire or be open to a trade to the Jets or Bucs.If Favre is the missing piece to the Vikings super bowl puzzle, the trade will be a black eye on the Pack forever.
If they sit his a$$ on the bench for two weeks...
I don't know much about the players' union in the NFL, but wouldn't they have a serious problem with this?
I don't know much about the players' union in the NFL, but wouldn't they have a serious problem with this?
I don't think the players union can do anything if he is in uniform and playing (riding the bench). They would have been able to take issue with the situation if the Packers kept trying to force him not to come back.
nope. they cant make him stay home.....but they are under no obligation to play him. Now, if they did this and Rodgers played poorly then they would take serious heat from their own fans, of course.My overall point is that the Packers are in a no win situation which is making them desperate and making them do stupid things (like offering him 20 million to stay retired). If they play him, they probably never re-sign Rodgers. If they sit him behind Rodgers and Rodgers doesnt play well, then they have the biggest QB controversy of all time. If they trade him to Minnesota and he comes back and beats them they look stupid. Really, their only good option is to start Rodgers, bench Favre, and pray to jeebus that Rodgers looks great.
If they play him, they probably never re-sign Rodgers. If they sit him behind Rodgers and Rodgers doesnt play well, then they have the biggest QB controversy of all time. If they trade him to Minnesota and he comes back and beats them they look stupid. Really, their only good option is to start Rodgers, bench Favre, and pray to jeebus that Rodgers looks great.
Or wait until 2-3 games into the regular season to trade him after putting him on the bench. After they play MN at least once.Lets not forget if they bunch him they are ending the a Cal Ripken like starting streak... they will catch heat for that too, exp if Rodgers doesn't look like the second coming of Jesus.
Or wait until 2-3 games into the regular season to trade him after putting him on the bench. After they play MN at least once.Lets not forget if they bunch him they are ending the a Cal Ripken like starting streak... they will catch heat for that too, exp if Rodgers doesn't look like the second coming of Jesus.
yep, it's pretty much a no-win situation for GB. Sad to see it come to this......I never liked Favre much anyway so I was hoping they would glue his butt to the pine. Looks like they are going to cave though....it will be weird to see him in purple.
yep, it's pretty much a no-win situation for GB. Sad to see it come to this......I never liked Favre much anyway so I was hoping they would glue his butt to the pine. Looks like they are going to cave though....it will be weird to see him in purple. green.
I hope Aaron Rogers sucks... I have Brian Brohm in my dynasty league.
I hope Aaron Rogers sucks... I have Brian Brohm in my dynasty league.
Yeah, I guess you didnt put much stock in him slicing up the Cowboys last year.I cant figure out for the life of me why people went from loving to lukewarm on Brohm. I like him a lot more than Matt Ryan thats for sure. Was hoping the Dolphins would grab Brohm this year but Henne has looked good so far. Maybe it will work out for Miami one time.