2008-2009 Nfl Season

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah... stuff that no one is going to read....
you're gay.[beavis and butthead voice]He said maturation[/ B&B voice]

Go Eagles. Our year, I said it~That is all.

I just want to express my heart felt appreciation for "The Tuna" to completely tearing apart my favorite football team. With the recent departure of Jason Taylor, I feel the team has really seperated itself from its recent years of complete disaster. (By recent I mean all the years since Marino left...)I look forward to between 1-3 years of rebuilding and hopefully a few more top 5 picks. I further hope Ricky Williams plays lights out and the Dolphins can make a mid season trade with him for a draft pick, maybe something as high as a 3rd rounder and groom Jesse Chatman(or whoever is that person at this point) to be the backup or even split carries liken to 70-30 so Ronnie Brown doesn't have too much of a workload.

As for the Redskins, I think they had the best draft in the NFC East. They drafted 2 of Mel Kuiper's top 3 WR's in Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly in the 2nd round, and then drafted TE Fred Davis in the 2nd round as well. Granted they already have a stud TE in Chris Cooley, but Davis can easily line up as a WR and a big one at that. Not to mention the lightning quick Santana Moss at WR and Clinton Portis in the backfield. The big question mark is obv. Jason Campbell. Can he come back and be productive after suffering the season ending dislocated knee? I think he can, but his progress will probably be somewhat slowed by the incorporation of the West Coast offense. It's a new scheme for him and the entire offense, but when executed effectively, it's gonna be exciting to watch. And now with the addition of Jason Taylor on the defensive side of the ball and a more mature LaRon Landry, it's going to make their pass defense a little tougher...granted it was terrible that they had to lose Phillip Daniels in order to get Taylor.
I don't really think they had the best draft. 2 WR, they already had Moss and Randle El so I can see going for one but not two. I'm not really buying the second TE drafting either, couldn't they have filled a bigger need somewhere. Have they done anything to replace Sean Taylor? I think the Eagles bounce back this season a bit too, I'm just not sure they have the pieces to get to the top of the NFC East hill.

Dallas won the division by 3 games last year and their roster only improved. Losing Julius Jones is not a key loss to me. They did good in drafting a need at RB also in Felix Jones for the relief for Barber. Picking up a vet like Zach Thomas to the D and possibly the talents of Adam Jones is enough to for me to think they will win the div again. Giants out of all the teams probably improved the least out of the teams. Redskins, didnt trade for JT before my OP, are still a solid team but Jason Campbell is the starter so the entire team is resting on how he does. Eagles helped themselves out on D for their scheme with Asante but still failed to help out McNabb once again by only getting DeSean Jackson for the offense. Rookie WRs are the hardest position to have immediate impact in the NFL. I dont have much else to say right now but I would change the playoff teams right now a little bit in the NFC if I redid it today.

Except the Eagles did help McNabb by getting Samuel and Jackson. Asatne Samuel defensivly making plays and DeSean Jackson in the return game is going to help give us way better field position whcih we had shit of last year. Plus, McNabb is finally healthy again all the way and I don't know what it will take people to get that you don't need a star WR to win a Super Bowl. Tom Brady did it all those years with David Patten, David Givens, and one good season/game from Deion Branch. We made the NFC title game 3 straight years with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash...Also, the year we made the SB we didn't have TO for the playoff run and McNabb just made great plays with Chad Lewis and Freddy Mitchell instead. Guys like Fitzgerald, Boldin, TO, Chad Johnson, and Randy Moss all don't have rings...You don't techinically need that superstar WR at all. I'm just saying that the reason you gave Bad Muscle for why the Eagles are weak is pretty wrong. I'm sure you can find other weak parts about my team, but we're pretty strong this season.

Keep this in mind, it will probably happen...AFC Playoffs1. SD2. NE3. JAX4. CLE5. IND6. BUFNFC Playoffs1. MIN2. SEA3. DAL4. NO5. GB6. PHIAFC ChampionshipJacksonville over IndianapolisNFC ChampionshipGreen Bay at SeattleSuper BowlJacksonville over GB/SEAI won't pick Green Bay or Seattle because...1. I'm a Seattle fan, my opinion is probably too biased.2. Don't know how this Favre thing will shake out. But, according to CHFF, Green Bay was the only team to rank in the top 10 in the NFL in every major statistical category last year. It pains me to say it, but they're legit with or without Favre.Random thoughts...- I think Minnesota's good, and in a weak conference, but I think injuries will hit them. I'm still waiting on AP to break another bone. I gave him under 2 years when he was drafted.- Seattle's entire conference is weak, which will give them a good playoff spot. I have Dallas beating Philly, but I don't expect Tony Romo to go into Seattle and beat them. Hell, I don't expect him to win in Canada in the playoffs, either.- There's always a few surprises, and I think Buffalo will be one of them.- The window for NE and IND is closing, but Indy's is closing quicker. Though, SD's history of choking doesn't give me enough confidence that they will beat Indy in the playoffs.

Except the Eagles did help McNabb by getting Samuel and Jackson. Asatne Samuel defensivly making plays and DeSean Jackson in the return game is going to help give us way better field position whcih we had shit of last year. Plus, McNabb is finally healthy again all the way and I don't know what it will take people to get that you don't need a star WR to win a Super Bowl. Tom Brady did it all those years with David Patten, David Givens, and one good season/game from Deion Branch. We made the NFC title game 3 straight years with Todd Pinkston and James Thrash...Also, the year we made the SB we didn't have TO for the playoff run and McNabb just made great plays with Chad Lewis and Freddy Mitchell instead. Guys like Fitzgerald, Boldin, TO, Chad Johnson, and Randy Moss all don't have rings...You don't techinically need that superstar WR at all. I'm just saying that the reason you gave Bad Muscle for why the Eagles are weak is pretty wrong. I'm sure you can find other weak parts about my team, but we're pretty strong this season.
DeSean jack MAY help the return game. You don't know that for sure yet. The 3 NFC Championship days are behind you, this is a new team every year. Can we make a new forum rule yer not able to defend your fav team anymore? If every time I dont give a blowjob to somebodys fav team that I have to respond to a "OMG WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT" speech I am going to shxt in everybodys mailbox.GOOD DAY SIRS(BTW MY FAV TEAM IS THE STILLERS DIAF)
1. I'm a Seattle fan, my opinion is probably too biased.
Because they are going to sneak into the playoffs by winning possibly the worst division in football.Do they have a real running back? Who is going to catch passes for Hassleback... the best part of the O-line isn't wearing a Seattle jersey anymore. how do you expect them to get better?
DeSean jack MAY help the return game. You don't know that for sure yet. The 3 NFC Championship days are behind you, this is a new team every year. Can we make a new forum rule yer not able to defend your fav team anymore? If every time I dont give a blowjob to somebodys fav team that I have to respond to a "OMG WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT" speech I am going to shxt in everybodys mailbox.GOOD DAY SIRS(BTW MY FAV TEAM IS THE STILLERS DIAF)
LOL...The Cowboys MAY win a game. You don't know that for sure yet. Come on dude...You don't know anything for sure yet but I can tell you I'm fairly certain DeSean Jackson is going to help our return game. He's small but he's so quick and fast that he cuts great and can find the small holes and get in them. It is a new team every year and this one is better than the 3 NFC Championship teams. We have a better version of the Vincent, Taylor, Harris days with Samuel, Sheppard, Brown. Our LB core is way better than those days because we're quick now and they all run down hill. This 2008 Eagles team would beat 2 out of 3 NFC Championship Teams that lost. Also, what the **** are you talking about? You're pretty much saying "HAI YOU MAY BE ABLE TO PROVE MY REASONING WRONG BUT DONTZ MAKE ME LOOK BAD PLZ" You don't know my favorite team better than me and I'm going to call you out on shit when you're wrong...period. If you're not prepared to argue and back up your points then don't critize any of the teams. This is for discussion don't come in here and say "OMG THIS TEAM IS BETTER THAN THAT SHITTY TEAM" and not be able to back it up.
Because they are going to sneak into the playoffs by winning possibly the worst division in football.Do they have a real running back? Who is going to catch passes for Hassleback... the best part of the O-line isn't wearing a Seattle jersey anymore. how do you expect them to get better?
I don't expect them to be much better, honestly...- They probably don't have a real running back. JJ's a ?, as is Mo Morris. Personally, I really like Morris. If he stops being inconsistant, it will be a huge boost to the offense. And I think Jones is better than they're giving him credit for.- Engram will stop whining and show up to play. Branch will be back by week 6 at the latest, I think. And, after watching Obamanu last season, I think he's going to have a solid "breakout" season this year.- Seattle signed Mike Whale and moved the old LG (name escapes me at the moment) to RG. Walter Jones is back. Should be an above average line.Here's how I see it shaking out for Seattle. I think they're going to win 5 divison games, win 3 at home (GB, WSH, NYJ, PHI), and games at MIA, TB, DAL (really, seriously, I have 0 faith in Tony Romo during big games...this one is on Thxgiving), and Buffalo. That's 12-4, which I think will be good enough for the 2 spot behind Dallas (11-5...maayybe 10-6) and NO (10-6 or 9-7).I'm still not sold on NO's defense and whether the Deuce can stay healthy. Bush is a bust. The pass defense, from what I can remember, wasn't helped out at all during the offseason. I think it's a Carolina-NO race for the south spot.
I don't expect them to be much better, honestly...- They probably don't have a real running back. JJ's a ?, as is Mo Morris. Personally, I really like Morris. If he stops being inconsistant, it will be a huge boost to the offense. And I think Jones is better than they're giving him credit for.- Engram will stop whining and show up to play. Branch will be back by week 6 at the latest, I think. And, after watching Obamanu last season, I think he's going to have a solid "breakout" season this year.- Seattle signed Mike Whale and moved the old LG (name escapes me at the moment) to RG. Walter Jones is back. Should be an above average line.Here's how I see it shaking out for Seattle. I think they're going to win 5 divison games, win 3 at home (GB, WSH, NYJ, PHI), and games at MIA, TB, DAL (really, seriously, I have 0 faith in Tony Romo during big games...this one is on Thxgiving), and Buffalo. That's 12-4, which I think will be good enough for the 2 spot behind Dallas (11-5...maayybe 10-6) and NO (10-6 or 9-7).I'm still not sold on NO's defense and whether the Deuce can stay healthy. Bush is a bust. The pass defense, from what I can remember, wasn't helped out at all during the offseason. I think it's a Carolina-NO race for the south spot.
So you think Seattle is going to win 2 more games than Dallas? Want to put some money on it? Seattle 10-6 in the worst division in football and Dallas was 13-3 in arguably the toughest division and they played the best AFC team during the regular season.You also might want to remember losing to NO 28-17, the best team Seattle beat in the regular season last year was the Eagles. Not one victory over a playoff team all year.
So you think Seattle is going to win 2 more games than Dallas? Want to put some money on it? Seattle 10-6 in the worst division in football and Dallas was 13-3 in arguably the toughest division and they played the best AFC team during the regular season.You also might want to remember losing to NO 28-17, the best team Seattle beat in the regular season last year was the Eagles. Not one victory over a playoff team all year.
I'd put money on Seattle having an equal or better record than Dallas. Maybe even just a better record. But I'd have to get some pretty good odds to get 2 games better.Edit - I remember the NO beatdown. I've convinced myself it was a fluke.
I'd put money on Seattle having an equal or better record than Dallas. Maybe even just a better record. But I'd have to get some pretty good odds to get 2 games better.
I think I'd have to get odds on even or better, after all Dallas doesn't get Arizona, San Fran and St Louis twice each. Not one of those teams is as good as the worst team in the NFC East.
I think I'd have to get odds on even or better, after all Dallas doesn't get Arizona, San Fran and St Louis twice each. Not one of those teams is as good as the worst team in the NFC East.
Exactly my point.
I don't really think they had the best draft. 2 WR, they already had Moss and Randle El so I can see going for one but not two. I'm not really buying the second TE drafting either, couldn't they have filled a bigger need somewhere. Have they done anything to replace Sean Taylor? I think the Eagles bounce back this season a bit too, I'm just not sure they have the pieces to get to the top of the NFC East hill.
El will be moved to the slot where he is supposed to be and Thomas or Kelly (I personally think Kelly is better) will be put at the #2 spot eventually. Fred Davis will be a nice player if he can wake up on time but having him and Cooley on the field together will make the Skins redzone offense 10000 times better than it was, which was pretty awful. Hopefully this WCO will be easily and quickly learned by the offense. The running game is staying the same so hopefully Campbell can pick up the passing game quickly. It is similar to the system he had his senior year at Auburn when they went undefeated.About the Sean Taylor thing - they moved Landry to the FS spot last year which is where ST21 was having a helluva year playing center field. They put Reed Doughty (solid and decent white guy) up to SS, where he did okay. This offseason we picked up Stuart Schweigert from the Raiders who should probably start at SS. I just read that Landry is going to stay at the FS position because he was a beast last year in coverage. The addition of Jason Taylor just helped out the secondary too. Now maybe we can put some pressure on the QB better than before. I like Phillip Daniels, but Jason Taylor he is not. Hopefully Carlos Rogers comes back healthy. He was getting better til he tore his knee up. Springs and Smoot are pretty good together, however both can be a little FRA-GEEE-LEEEE. Bottom line is that in 11 days, football will finally be on TV again. August 3 is the HoF game!! It should be an exciting year in the NFL again and I love NFC East Foooosballl.
Cowboys were still 4-1 against the NFC East in games that mattered. The last loss against Washington they were sitting most the star players.
They were trying to win until they realized they weren't going to then they pulled everyone. You can't tell me that Dallas would not try to knock their most hated rival out of playoff contention. Barber and Jones laid an egg that day.The first game was very exciting and the Skins almost pulled that one out if Campbell hadn't thrown that retarded interception at the end. Such a dumb throw. Can't wait for both the games this year! I still can't believe they didn't schedule the Skins playing Dallas on the last day of the year in Dallas for the last game at Ghetto Stadium.
They were trying to win until they realized they weren't going to then they pulled everyone. You can't tell me that Dallas would not try to knock their most hated rival out of playoff contention. Barber and Jones laid an egg that day.
Think what you want, that game had zero meaning to the team. It wasn't going to impact playoff positioning or anything else for that matter. That game mattered way more to the Redskins than it did to the Cowboys.
Think what you want, that game had zero meaning to the team. It wasn't going to impact playoff positioning or anything else for that matter. That game mattered way more to the Redskins than it did to the Cowboys.
Typical Cowboys fan. Have an excuse for everything. Do you even realize how hated the rivalry is? If the game meant nothing then Romo, Barber, Witten, and Ware would not have touched the field. You guys had 1 yard rushing. ONE YARD with the starters. Romo got pulled in the 3rd down 20-3. You act like not a single starter played. BOXSCOREKey Quote: The Cowboys played their starters into the third quarter, before removing most of them from the game. ... Dallas finished 0-for-11 on third down. ... In his last three games, Tony Romo has thrown one touchdown and five interceptions.

Buffalo is an interesting pick to be a sleeper. My problem with the Bills is they have the look of a team that everyone will jump on as this year's surprise team. And ask Wang, the public is dumb. Two years ago it was San Fran. The "surprise" team is always a huge surprise.Custom, why are you so high on Jax and so low on Indy? I have not seen anything that would suggest Indy has a closing window.....they still have Peyton Manning, weapons galore, decent D, and a good coach. Seattle v. Dallas......Dallas is clearly the better team talent wise. Seattle is going to need every bit of that lousy schedule to make the playoffs.....I think they get in but not as the 2 seed. They could easily win that division at 9-7. I think the most interesting scenario is what happens in the AFC North if Baltimore gets Favre. I still think that is the most logical place for him. Start for a year maybe two and groom Flacco. If that happened then that division would be very interesting. I think this is the year the Steelers miss the playoffs.If I had to pick a team to come out of the NFC right now, I would honestly lean towards New Orleans. As much as I like the composition of the Cowboys, Tony Romo still hasnt shown anything in the playoffs.....and until he does maybe we should stop giving him the benefit of the doubt.Drew Brees has played well in the playoffs and you cant understate how important it is to have a tight end controlling the middle of the field. The Saints offense is going to be lethal.

Typical Cowboys fan. Have an excuse for everything. Do you even realize how hated the rivalry is? If the game meant nothing then Romo, Barber, Witten, and Ware would not have touched the field. You guys had 1 yard rushing. ONE YARD with the starters. Romo got pulled in the 3rd down 20-3. You act like not a single starter played. BOXSCOREKey Quote: The Cowboys played their starters into the third quarter, before removing most of them from the game. ... Dallas finished 0-for-11 on third down. ... In his last three games, Tony Romo has thrown one touchdown and five interceptions.
Typical Redskins fan, looking for some silver lining in another season of failure with that Yankees like payroll. You really think the starters were playing their hardest in a game that doesn't help their playoff seeding? The only thing to gain was.. nothing. Risk/reward to play hard for 4 quarters in that game wasn't worth it. The Redskins had to win to have any shot at making the playoffs. Rivalry or not, some weeks games get mailed in at the end of the season and you know it.And as far as Romo's stats over 3 games, maybe you should look at the whole season, or just compare him to Jason Campbell.
Typical Redskins fan, looking for some silver lining in another season of failure with that Yankees like payroll. You really think the starters were playing their hardest in a game that doesn't help their playoff seeding? The only thing to gain was.. nothing. Risk/reward to play hard for 4 quarters in that game wasn't worth it. The Redskins had to win to have any shot at making the playoffs. Rivalry or not, some weeks games get mailed in at the end of the season and you know it.And as far as Romo's stats over 3 games, maybe you should look at the whole season, or just compare him to Jason Campbell.
I wasn't quoting it for his last 3 games stats, it was just included.You guys haven't won a single playoff game in the last 11 years so don't talk to me about failure. The salary cap is easily manipulated so the point of the payroll is moot because it is not an actual representation of salaries paid during the season. And yes I will always look for a silver lining in a season where our best player got shot and killed and we had to win our last 4 games with a backup QB to get into the playoffs! It is pretty remarkable if you ask me.