2008-2009 Nfl Season

ummmmm that'd be far from a snoozermost explosive offense vs. best defenserookie qb vs. grandfather qbmany storylines and it would be an interesting game to watch
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Really?
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Really?
The Steelers gave up 24 points to the Chargers... just sayin.
You're not good at this, are you?http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...2&year=2008http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...2&year=2008http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?s...2&year=2008Also...Balt gave up 27 points to Clev this year. Just sayin...
I'm not good at what? I could care less about Baltimore.
I'm not good at what? I could care less about Baltimore.
I think what he was saying is that the numbers don't lie. The Steelers gave up 24 points (14 of which came after that game was basically over) against one of the top scoring teams in the league. The Steelers were number #1 in basically every major defensive category before week 16 at least I think.
What was your point of saying they gave up 24 points to the Chargers?
That was a lot of points to give up. It's good for the Steelers that the Ravens have no offense, it will be easy to look good next week. If they lose, that will be a huge choke.
I have adopted the Eagles as the team I will root for to win it all. That is all.
They are the 3rd team I'm rooting for to win it all.#1 Steelers#2 Cardinals#3 Eagles#4 Ravens
The Cardinals are definitely my adopted team.
well, ldo.I honestly don't know what to expect from the NFC Championship game. I was expecting the winner of the PHI/NYG game to beat CAR and go to the superbowl. Now what? Are the Cardinals that good? Did the Panthers choke? I think now that a lot of people(including me, apparently) overrated the Panthers. I think it will be a very high scoring, exciting game to watch. I think the Eagles like prevail with a 34-24 win(duh)
I was expecting the winner of the PHI/NYG game to beat CAR and go to the superbowl. Now what? Are the Cardinals that good? Did the Panthers choke?
I was expecting the same thing.Amazingly the Card's defense is top 5 in nearly everything. If Philly gets pressure on Warner they should win, but if he gets to sit in the pocket for 6-7 seconds it's going to be a long day for the Philly secondary even if AB doesn't play.I still like Philly to win, I think they will find a way to get to Warner.
  • 1 month later...
This offseason is going to be interesting. I'm not sure if free agents are going to be going for seemingly cheap rates like they are in baseball, or if the NFL is going to be immune to the economy. Al Davis obviously doesn't think the market will be down. That being said, Asoumgha (sp?) is one of the best CB's in the NFL, so I don't think it's too out of line. He may regret it in 2 months when better players are signing for half the price though (see Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell, etc.).
This offseason is going to be interesting. I'm not sure if free agents are going to be going for seemingly cheap rates like they are in baseball, or if the NFL is going to be immune to the economy. Al Davis obviously doesn't think the market will be down. That being said, Asoumgha (sp?) is one of the best CB's in the NFL, so I don't think it's too out of line. He may regret it in 2 months when better players are signing for half the price though (see Adam Dunn, Pat Burrell, etc.).
The asomugha contract is WAY out of line. It is huge huge guaranteed money. Yes, he is awesome and worth a big contract. I guarantee you, though, that every exec in the NFL hates Al Davis so much right now. He also gave a PUNTER 4 mil a year. Previous high for a punter = 1.8 mil a year. Lechler is great but not that great.
The asomugha contract is WAY out of line. It is huge huge guaranteed money. Yes, he is awesome and worth a big contract. I guarantee you, though, that every exec in the NFL hates Al Davis so much right now. He also gave a PUNTER 4 mil a year. Previous high for a punter = 1.8 mil a year. Lechler is great but not that great.
I guess I didn't realize the going rate for top CB's was ~$10M, so yeah I guess it was out of line. I didn't even hear about the punter, Hooray for the Raiders. Also, I know he's a 1st overall pick and everything, but they are paying JaMarcus Russell ~$17M and he sucks. It's fun and easy to root against teams like the Raiders.
I guess I didn't realize the going rate for top CB's was ~$10M, so yeah I guess it was out of line. I didn't even hear about the punter, Hooray for the Raiders. Also, I know he's a 1st overall pick and everything, but they are paying JaMarcus Russell ~$17M and he sucks. It's fun and easy to root against teams like the Raiders.
They are just out and out ruining the market for the rest of the league. Hey, it's Al Davis' money and he is barely alive enough to notice the anger of other owners. So whatever, I suppose.