who wants to stake me?

The guy that used to stake me wanted to change the percentages and I said no, so now I need someone new to stake me. Please dont flame my thread you bitches. Any questions just private message me. I usually play 3/6 limit, 20-50 dollar sngs, .5/1 no limit, and a very good 7 card stud player (probably better then hold em, used to play lots of 10/20 stud hi). I suck at omaha.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy that used to stake me wanted to change the percentages and I said no, so now I need someone new to stake me. Please dont flame my thread you censored. Any questions just private message me. I usually play 3/6 limit, 20-50 dollar sngs, .5/1 no limit, and a very good 7 card stud player (probably better then hold em, used to play lots of 10/20 stud hi). I suck at omaha.
BTW...My cat is considering moving up to higher limits. She (yes, she is the first female cat poker player) is looking for backers as she is sure she can crush the 200/400.In exchange for you staking her she's willing to make you a tinfoil hat. 8)
My cat is considering moving up to higher limits. She (yes, she is the first female cat poker player) is looking for backers as she is sure she can crush the 200/400.  In exchange for you staking her she's willing to make you a tinfoil hat.  
I'll stake your cat just tell me where to send the sardines and as far as the hat, my head is size 8.

If this were some newbie, I would flame away.But Stein is a good card player and has been around here for a while. I just graduated and am looking for a job, etc. I don't have the funds to stake a .01/.02 player. But I do vouch for stein here, and I would gladly stake him if I had the money to do so.So anyone with a lot of money who likes to invest in players, consider this one. It's not a joke.I am sure a lot of the other veterans from the board will agree with me.Good luck stein.

One suggestion... Change your avitar.... it doesn't exactly instill confidence. :wink: Not that I personally have any problems with it. :-)

The guy that used to stake me wanted to change the percentages and I said no, so now I need someone new to stake me. Please dont flame my thread you censored. Any questions just private message me. I usually play 3/6 limit, 20-50 dollar sngs, .5/1 no limit, and a very good 7 card stud player (probably better then hold em, used to play lots of 10/20 stud hi). I suck at omaha.
You've been around for a while, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I do have a question, though. Not because I might invest, but out of curiousity. If you were getting staked before, why didn't you save some of your winnings to create your own bankroll? If you have been staked as a winning 3-6 player for some time, you should have made more than enough to at least start out at 1-2 and work your way up without an investor.

So if someone was staking you before and is no longer, what happened to that money? did you lose it? If so, why would anyone want to stake you even more money?

Maybe you should post some monthly earnings along with quarter averages. It would make people more willing to consider the investment if they can see some historical data.

I don't think the stakes are high enough.I don't think the recommendation is good enough.And certainly there needs to be some numbers provided. I'm not saying all the numbers but for a public appeal like this you need something. Especially, since the amount in question should only be about $1000-2000. Why can't a good player raise this themselves?Good luck to you Stein, but I would be more thoughtful about staking someone. And this is something that should be done among your friends.Meanwhile, I've got $15K free up if any pro wants some internet forum guy to give them a partial stake. Er.. but they don't do that. Dutch did a little on eBay and that had mixed results.

I don't think the stakes are high enough.I don't think the recommendation is good enough.And certainly there needs to be some numbers provided. I'm not saying all the numbers but for a public appeal like this you need something. Especially, since the amount in question should only be about $1000-2000. Why can't a good player raise this themselves?Good luck to you Stein, but I would be more thoughtful about staking someone. And this is something that should be done among your friends.Meanwhile, I've got $15K free up if any pro wants some internet forum guy to give them a partial stake. Er.. but they don't do that. Dutch did a little on eBay and that had mixed results.
God you really are tactless and annoying. If you don't accept his offer, keep it to your goddamn self.

Hey I didn't get as much negative comments as I thought, thanks. Actually yea I had to use all of my money to fix my car and had money that I owed to school and parents and other people from long time ago from various things. So really I don't have much money I can use for just poker, although I could get something started, I'll be honest, I rather have someone who helps me with bankroll management (not that am completely uncapable of doing so) and keeps track of things for me. By the way that cat female poker player that you got, I'll play it heads up for 200!

I hope you don't mind some advice...I think your best course of action would be to save $300 from working; part time, full time, whatever. Maybe this will take you a few weeks, maybe a few months. Once you have this amount start .5-1, and work your bankroll the right way. You should not need someone else's help to manage your money. This will be good life experience for you. You will never make real money unless you invest in yourself, and all it costs you is your own time and effort.

God you really are tactless and annoying. If you don't accept his offer, keep it to your censored self.
why? so someone else can make an uninformed decision? elkang made an excellent point: Why can't you stake pros? because THEY WIN. Therefore they have winnings, and expect more winnings. why would they want or need to share these winnings? Most people who want to be staked, arent worth staking. Nothing against you, stein, just how it is.
Hey I didn't get as much negative comments as I thought, thanks. Actually yea I had to use all of my money to fix my car and had money that I owed to school and parents and other people from long time ago from various things. So really I don't have much money I can use for just poker, although I could get something started, I'll be honest, I rather have someone who helps me with bankroll management (not that am completely uncapable of doing so) and keeps track of things for me.  By the way that cat female poker player that you got, I'll play it heads up for 200!
Thats just great, can you give me money, but I really don't have any of the principles of being a top pro. You'll need to keep track of our bankroll, statistics, oh and I'll need you to shake it three times after I go to the restroom. Dude I think you might need to get some of these things down, before asking anyone for cash.
God you really are tactless and annoying. If you don't accept his offer, keep it to your censored self.
why? so someone else can make an uninformed decision? elkang made an excellent point: Why can't you stake pros? because THEY WIN. Therefore they have winnings, and expect more winnings. why would they want or need to share these winnings? Most people who want to be staked, arent worth staking. Nothing against you, stein, just how it is.
Not really how it is.I don't think you are comprehending a couple things.Unless you play NL or MTTs, it is very unlikely that you will be able to accumulate "extra" winnings.The impression I get is that stein plays poker as a job. In any business, the employee benefits the company. He is just looking for a new job. There is nothing wrong with his asking.I have no problem with you or your previous posts. But it does irk me a little bit that you so easily generalized his request in to a desperate losing player who someone should not stake.I don't think you know his situation. Neither do I. And since this is the case, I think all negative feedback should be kept to yourself.Unless of course, the original poster (in this case, stein) has wronged you in some way and is not trustworthy.Is this the case?

I'm not staking stoners. Look there's a reason why there are drug tests before corporations give you jobs. They are lazy and unreliable, and that stereotype is easily justifiable. Get clean or your not getting my money.

I need someone to stake me. I will consistently lose at hold'em and I'll tell you all about my bad beat stories and then you can add them to your own. Then you can post them on FCP, annoy the hell out of people, repeatedly use the word "fish" and tell everyone that PartyPoker is fixed. It's money well spent.

I'm not staking stoners.  Look there's a reason why there are drug tests before corporations give you jobs.  They are lazy and unreliable, and that stereotype is easily justifiable.  Get clean or your not getting my money.
corporations aren't looking for weed. they are looking for drugs that lead employees to steal to support habit/addiction. like umm crack, coke, herion......do you still believe in Reefer Madness too??
Not really how it is.I don't think you are comprehending a couple things.Unless you play NL or MTTs, it is very unlikely that you will be able to accumulate "extra" winnings.The impression I get is that stein plays poker as a job. In any business, the employee benefits the company. He is just looking for a new job. There is nothing wrong with his asking.I have no problem with you or your previous posts. But it does irk me a little bit that you so easily generalized his request in to a desperate losing player who someone should not stake.I don't think you know his situation. Neither do I. And since this is the case, I think all negative feedback should be kept to yourself.Unless of course, the original poster (in this case, stein) has wronged you in some way and is not trustworthy.Is this the case?
listen, i understand what you are saying, and i have nothing against stein (he has not wronged me in any way). I am just relating observations about staking and staking requests. Generally (this is not always the case), someone asking to be staked is not a good candidate for staking. The kind of people you would want to stake are those who dont need it. Therein lies the paradox.