I just watched the Mechanic. It was pretty much what I expected. It got shooting, fight scenes, explosions, so its worth renting when it comes out but I cannot suggest for you to pay money to watch it at the theater like I did.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

The Other Guys with Will Farrell and Mark Wahlberg(sp). started off slow but then picked up speed and was pretty damn funny. i would suggest it to almost anyone.

prince of persia. some of it was shot amateurishly (it felt like. to me.). near the beginning they didn't need to keep cutting from the princess staring to the knife hilt sticking out of his belt. WE GET IT! SHE IS INTERESTED IN THE KNIFE!! goddamnit, they cut back and forth 3-5 times. the only reason to do that so many times would be so the prince could whisper an aside to a friend, something like, "she's really checking out my package."i wasn't really buying gyllenhall as the prince. he wasn't terrible at it, but it felt like gyllenhall playing the prince. there was no forgetting the actor & believing in the character.68 / 100.

just watched the social network and now mark zuckerberg is my hero. I really don't see him as being portrayed as an asshole in the movie like everybody else in the entire world seems to think. might be because I'm an asshole but still.

just watched the social network and now mark zuckerberg is my hero. I really don't see him as being portrayed as an asshole in the movie like everybody else in the entire world seems to think. might be because I'm an asshole but still.
I watched it last night for the first time. Maybe it was the hype, but I did not find it to be an amazing movie. Also, I was shocked that the napster dude was so involved. I had no idea.
I watched The American today, it was awful. Didn't brvheart like it?
Braveheart didn't like the ending, and thought the whole movie was a waste of time, except for the "look" of the film and the opening scene (which was the best scene of the whole movie.)frau agreed with my assessment.
I watched Knight and Day tonight. It was relentlessly stupid, more ridiculous than I would have thought possible, but still fun. Tom Cruise is one charismatic mofo.
Totally agree. He's the actual definition of movie star. Right when it finished my wife was like, "wow that was great! What did you think?" "Well, for a movie that basically drove one single joke (that Tom was relentlessly positive in the face of danger) into the ****ing ground repeatedly, it was ok. I guess. I didn't leave or quit watching."
Braveheart didn't like the ending, and thought the whole movie was a waste of time, except for the "look" of the film and the opening scene (which was the best scene of the whole movie.)frau agreed with my assessment.
Ya, if that opening scene wasn't good, I would have turned it off 20 minutes in.

Watched The Eagle.Wait for dvd, but it wasn't bad. Just not really epic enough considering the amount of effort to rebuild the towns and villages that they did such a good job on.Also once again Hollywood messes up its own storyline by trying to interject their morality on the issue of one country conquering another. Let's show the Romans as horrible people who are petty and backwards in their subjugation of the indigenous population, but let's also make the Roman be the star of the movie and his personal quest be something the viewer roots for.Next out: A movie about the slave trade and a captain of an independent boat who just needs to sell this cargo hold full of slaves to a tyrannical master so he can realize his dream of funding an orphanage for abused children in France. Watch as the hero overcomes the weather, the slave's families, and seasickness to make it home to his loving wife who is being treated badly by her mother for not being a proper wife because she wants to go to school to learn to be an administrator over the savage tribes that supply the slaves for her husband's business venture, while carrying the child of another man...her brother, whom she secretly loves.

I tried to watch Repo Men again yesterday...fell asleep in the first twenty minutes the first time I tried so I fast forwarded past that part and promptly fell asleep 15 minutes after pressing "play". I'm taking that as a sign that the movie really is that boring and not worth the effort. I watched Encino Man for about the 12th time yesterday as well...love that movie. "No weezing the ju-uuuuuice!"

I watched it last night for the first time. Maybe it was the hype, but I did not find it to be an amazing movie. Also, I was shocked that the napster dude was so involved. I had no idea.
yeah I really liked it but I don't really think it's a best picture type of movie. and I agree on the napster guy: was that not reported very much? I feel like I should have heard about him being involved more.
watched macgruber. holy hell, what a steaming pile of poo. who the hell is out there giving this 5.5 on imdb?
Kristen Wiig, though.
watched macgruber. holy hell, what a steaming pile of poo. who the hell is out there giving this 5.5 on imdb?
Saw 2 minutes of it and it really, really stank
Kristen Wiig, though.
Not to stir things up, but I can only hope this comment is coming from a place of lust, rather than comedic talent.
Yeah, I heard that this was really funny, and since it was made by the Lonely Island guys I thought maybe it would be (did I somehow forget "Hot Rod"?). I've tried to watch it twice now and cannot stay awake. Just a horrible, horrible movie (from what I've seen).