• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think there needs to be a small white truck parked next to the scene of the accident, watching but not participating.

How was the crowd for The Lovely Bones?

That's how I felt when I saw Gangs of New York, followed closely by City of God. DDL is fantastic in Gangs, but the movie didn't do much for me. City Of God though, that's the real thing.     I don

gotta admit I got a little misty at the end of eternal sunshine when he said "ok." yep, got a little choked up.
I really need to see that movie.
and now I just finished pineapple express. I actually laughed quite a few times but man oh man, what a steaming pile that ultimately was. that movie should not have happened.
I didn't love it, but the last scene absolutely slayed me and made me come out of the experience with a mildly positive outlook. I feel like more movies need the hilarious "holy shit, remember all this stuff that just happened" conversation that would absolutely happen in real life.

I can't believe this many homos haven't seen eternal sunshine. jesus. one of the problems though, and who knows, it may just be me since I'm stupid, but I had to watch it about 3 times before I really got the sequencing and chronology of it. it was still a very good movie the first time, but it's definitely one of those that gets better with additional viewings to understand the story more. I think memento was like that too.

I can't believe this many homos haven't seen eternal sunshine. jesus. one of the problems though, and who knows, it may just be me since I'm stupid, but I had to watch it about 3 times before I really got the sequencing and chronology of it. it was still a very good movie the first time, but it's definitely one of those that gets better with additional viewings to understand the story more. I think memento was like that too.
I thought 21 was a better movie for Jim.

Watched Eternal Sunshine last night...it was very good. I'm pretty sure you'd have to be some kind of IDIOT not to understand the sequencing, as it was pretty clear to me where and when we were at all times.

One question I had was about whether or not he, while still in the dream state, was able to recall memories that had already been erased, or if they wouldn't really be gone until he woke up.

Watched Eternal Sunshine last night...it was very good. I'm pretty sure you'd have to be some kind of IDIOT not to understand the sequencing, as it was pretty clear to me where and when we were at all times.

One question I had was about whether or not he, while still in the dream state, was able to recall memories that had already been erased, or if they wouldn't really be gone until he woke up.

I haven't seen the movie in two or three years, so I don't really remember enough to answer your question.

I think the way that stuff was visually disappearing/collapsing was supposed to show the memories were erasing in real time, so to speak.

not all of us can afford vet school JERK

Charade, with Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant, directed by Stanley Donan.It's good, a classic. In particular, the first exchange between Grant and Hepburn was superb, and I wanted to rewind it and watch those two minutes over and over. The plot gets a little silly, Hepburn does her wide-yes surprised look once or twice too many. It's awesome to see young George Kennedy and James Coburn, though.The score is by Henry Mancini, and is fan-freaking-tastic. Most of the movie was filmed on location in Paris, and looks beautiful.

It was basically true... and Zuckerberg definitely came out smelling the worst. I now think he's a total ass.

Doing a lighting job for Kurt Russel here in the desert for some speaking thing next week end, probably less than 100 people will be there since its an exclusive club. Jerry Weintraub promoted his book when it came out here and got about 150 people total. Both members of this country club. Plan to keep Goldie far enough away to still remember how she looked in Foul Play...
Did this show tonight.Kurt Russel is funny. He told about his life, when he got to Goldie and him he said: "I met her on Wednesday, slept with her on Friday and have been with her ever since. She is in London on a thing and before she left I got to sleep with her again. It's pretty nice, I think most of you guys would agree."Talking about his injury that made him lose his baseball career: "My doctor had great bedside manners, He stuck a needle about 6 inches long into my torn rotator cuff and when I started to say it hurt he told me to knock it off, baseball players are supposed to be tough." Then he said " So you have another job as an actor right? " "Yes" " Well its your full time career now." And that was the end of the consultation.Funniest question from the audience was from the owner of Big Horn Country Club who asked: "Since you have previously been fined $1,000 for playing with range balls on the course, have you stopped this practice now?" They charge $500 anytime they catch anyone playing with a range ball on the course ( They are Pro V1s with practice written on them and the Big Horn Logo, I have a few in my bag, so I think I will take them out now. )He has a new passion, wine making, and has a new Pinot that is getting good reviews called Gogie or something
The Social Network was good, but goddamn do I hate Zuckerburg after seeing it. Seems like something written by people that hate him. I hope it's a true story though.
I just saw this. Ya he comes off as kind of an ass, but I don't think he comes off as bad as I thought he would. The part where he comes off really horrible to me was when he was talking shit to his chick at the beginning, but who knows if that part was true or not. Yeah he comes off as an ass for stealing the twin brothers idea, but he took their idea and blew the shit up. The brothers got enough money out of it so I don't feel sorry for them at all. I don't really feel bad for the way he treated Eduardo either, Eduardo basically did nothing besides invest a few $$$ and come up with preliminary algorithims. It sounds like he put zero time into the company and got paid handsomely so I don't feel bad for him. As for the movie... I kind of wanted to see more of the court case stuff.

It shows the caption at the end that Zuckerberg had to give up millions to the brothers, but they didn't show the result in the court case scenes. The court case scenes make it seem like the brothers were screwed over, but that isn't true if they were paid off. I also didn't understand the relevance of the Sean Parker cocaine scene at the end. I don't think Parker ever gave up his % of the company, so what did that scene at the end have to do with the future of Facebook?

So... very entertaining movie, but best picture at awards shows? No way imo.I also saw Salt with Jolie... aside from the cheesy unrealistic action stuff (which I actually found kind of entertaining) it was totally predictable, and knowing what was going to happen next throughout the whole movie kind of ruined things for me.

Scarface (1932) - The original with Paul Muni. Pretty fun to watch. Much of the plotline was lifted for De Palma's version. Lots of shooting and stuff, but still pretty tame by today's standards. A must-see if you are a film history/gangster buff.Black Narcissus (1947) - A "racy" melodrama about a small group of nuns in the highlands of India. Temptation, hardship and various other roadblocks hamper their activities, making them question their value as nuns and humans beings. Deborah Kerr stars in this one. Reputed to be one of the finest examples of the use of Technicolor.

The Social Network was good, but goddamn do I hate Zuckerburg after seeing it. Seems like something written by people that hate him. I hope it's a true story though.
It's quite fictionalised. For instance, all that stuff about the ex-gf is bull. He has been with the same Asian chick since he was a Freshman or something.
Black Narcissus (1947) - A "racy" melodrama about a small group of nuns in the highlands of India. Temptation, hardship and various other roadblocks hamper their activities, making them question their value as nuns and humans beings. Deborah Kerr stars in this one. Reputed to be one of the finest examples of the use of Technicolor.
It's an excellent movie, very dramatic. I will watch it again sometime.

Greenberg (2010)Unless you know something about Noah Baumbach films, you might just be terribly disappointed. There isn't a single scene in this movie that isn't awkward or uncomfortable and there are no truly likeable characters. That, of course, is what I found good about it. It's very "true" in terms of its ambiguous portrayal of humanity and apathy, missed opportunities and regret. Ben Stiller is excellent (and generally quite unlikeable) as the rarely repentant and even more rarely apologetic title character. Some excellent performances by everyone else, including a dog named Mauler.Do not go if you want a good laugh, unless you have a morbid sense of humour...7/10

Finally got around to watching the Social Network. It was excellent. Just a very entertaining movie. I agree with Tanner though, in that I don't know if it is 'best picture' at the Oscars good. It's just good.And am I supposed to feel bad for Eduardo and the winklehasselhoff brothers? Zuckerberg essentially made them all multi, multi millionaires. For the brothers in particular, Zuckerberg stealing their idea was the best thing to ever happen to either of them.edited for overuse of the word 'essentially'