Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

here's something you should try if you want to get more into playing "weird": 3bet about 1/4 of your suited connector type hands vs semi-active to active players; watch how light people start calling you down; and valuebet in the future accordingly. do NOT, however, try that vs. nonthinking players.
Interesting. I'll probably look at that a bit, tonight. Actually, I think the main fundamental leak in my game is that as aggressive as I am, my pre-flop 3-betting is lower than most people's, I think. I think it's actually like 9% this month.
  • Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

an occasional foray into big bet games (nlhe, plo, plo8) may help with this, as you can purposefully make lots of little mistakes to trick people into making big mistakes.
More interesting thoughts. My greatest meta triumphs come from applying concepts from other games.
Interesting. I'll probably look at that a bit, tonight. Actually, I think the main fundamental leak in my game is that as aggressive as I am, my pre-flop 3-betting is lower than most peoples, I think. I think it's actually like 9% this month.
that's really, really low, imo. mine's nearly that high at full ring, lol. at 6max, it's usually between 17 and 25, depending on table conditions.i think that in general, a lot of people are more afraid of preflop raises than they should be, at least against people who raise more than 10% of the time. i mean, it's just two cards that they could have, and unless you're a cursed anti-lucktard, no more than one of em is gonna match yours, and you're good enough postflop to make up for that most of the time, right?
that's really, really low, imo. mine's nearly that high at full ring, lol. at 6max, it's usually between 17 and 25, depending on table conditions.i think that in general, a lot of people are more afraid of preflop raises than they should be, at least against people who raise more than 10% of the time. i mean, it's just two cards that they could have, and unless you're a cursed anti-lucktard, no more than one of em is gonna match yours, and you're good enough postflop to make up for that most of the time, right?
Checky could write a book with the nuggets he's dishing out tonight.My 3bet rate is also at 9% this month, but I think it has to do with the fact that I'm looking for games with loose passive players.
Listening to Navy is simultaneously impossible and vital.
QFTI was going into my old hard drive to find my old limit holdem books and I found a bunch of Poker videos made by FCPers. While I remember having jordens and Acid Knights I was surprised I had a video of Navy playing HuLHE. Kind of cool although I feel that me revealing that I kept that information will only reinforce his paranoia about people lurking.On a different note I was reading SSHE and I read the bit about forgoing a flop raise in massive pots to increase the chances of being bet into on the turn so you can make it two bets into slightly smaller pot to help protect your overpair against gut shots. I thought that this move would be a relic of loose passive 9 handed games of old but DD mentioned it as an alternative line in a hand a page or two back so I thought that was impressive (that you still had this idea in your head even though they are probably only get the chance to use it once every 15k hands)
your use of the word adventures there made me laugh and smile for some reason ty
plo8 is a semi-real poker game, but plo is nothing but an adventure, into somewhere between pure fantasy and suicide.
QFTI was going into my old hard drive to find my old limit holdem books and I found a bunch of Poker videos made by FCPers. While I remember having jordens and Acid Knights I was surprised I had a video of Navy playing HuLHE. Kind of cool although I feel that me revealing that I kept that information will only reinforce his paranoia about people lurking.On a different note I was reading SSHE and I read the bit about forgoing a flop raise in massive pots to increase the chances of being bet into on the turn so you can make it two bets into slightly smaller pot to help protect your overpair against gut shots. I thought that this move would be a relic of loose passive 9 handed games of old but DD mentioned it as an alternative line in a hand a page or two back so I thought that was impressive (that you still had this idea in your head even though they are probably only get the chance to use it once every 15k hands)
Death Donkey. Dirty Dutch. Dink Donk. We are a breed who appreciates the power of the alliterated D.
If the other guy's range is like top 15%, you still have like 15% of this pot, at least. I'm probably peeling one. Is that bad?
I would expect his pfr of 4 means his pf range is like AA, KK, QQ, JJ and AK. I think he would shut down with anything less than AK on that flop. This means folding QQ on the turn is pretty easy without the flush outs. The lag trying to get all in and his recent history on this or other tables could have a profound effect on his hand. Meaning, sometimes the most predictable players go ape shit with 77. edit: apparently, i take too long to post.
Brad and I are stopping for the night after almost 2 hours. He's leading in unbelievable coolers by a count of 10-3, therefor he's up 292-108 atm.He's really pretty good though.
Does this have something to do with the two sig pics I've had to block due to hugeness claiming BradleyLHEpwnage?Did you get a good feel of how he checks the flop in position after raising pre so that he can bluff raise the turn like, every time. I usually fold to his bluff raise, but call him down when he improves to some monster 2nd pair.
Does this have something to do with the two sig pics I've had to block due to hugeness claiming BradleyLHEpwnage?Did you get a good feel of how he checks the flop in position after raising pre so that he can bluff raise the turn like, every time. I usually fold to his bluff raise, but call him down when he improves to some monster 2nd pair.
Yep and STFU! Heh....love it!
Yep. This is exactly what I mean. You probably aren't quite at my level yet because I've had more experience, but you are a hell of a lot closer than an outsider would determine just by looking at our stakes and results. Your thought processes are more advanced and simply better than a lot of people I play with who beat 30/60. You simply have to put the hands in and continue to learn. I don't doubt at all that you will be playing high stakes in the near future. And really there are more people who post here that could go pretty far in this game given some work and more experience. You should all listen to Navy when he tells you how limitless your potential truly is. It just takes work, and most people aren't willing to do that work. Anyone who is willing is so far ahead of the rest of the population that they are guaranteed to succeed.
I would really love to someday be good enough to play in the mid to high stakes lhe/mix games and do well in them, that being said I don't know if I will ever get there. I've never ever really wanted to be a "pro", I really respect those that are, but for me I need a little bit more structure and security in my life (not to say you guys don't have structure, you are more disciplined than me). I'm currently in my senior year of college working on my double BS and find that I don't quite have the time I need to practice the game and perfect my methodology, but I use this thread to get better, which I think is the next best thing. I feel that I am better than most of the people I play, but the majority of my play is live which we all know is easier to beat. I feel l have the work ethic and ability to be good, I just don't have the time with my responsibilities right now.I guess what I'm trying to say is I appreciate what everyone in this thread contributes, ( advanced, intermediate, and beginners), and even though I don't contribute alot to this thread, it has and will continue to help me become a better poker player. Hopefully someday I will be on a level much closer to where some of you guys are now.
Death Donkey. Dirty Dutch. Dink Donk. We are a breed who appreciates the power of the alliterated D.
I quoted you so I thought It was obvious but now that you say it I will never abbreviate again.

9 maxa bad player opens UTG. his stats are 37/9/4.5 over a semi significant sample.it folds to me on the button. i have AQo. what do you guys do here?note that the game is very weak tight and i am running everybody over and would like to keep it up.

I quoted you so I thought It was obvious but now that you say it I will never abbreviate again.
I figured it was me as it was my line we were talking about, I just thought it was weird that a bunch of us have chosen names like that.Also, I don't think I retained that concept, nor am I raising the turn for fold equity. He's never, never, never folding a pair, and I have the nut nopair and the nut pair draws and nut flush draw. I'm looking for value.
9 maxa bad player opens UTG. his stats are 37/9/4.5 over a semi significant sample.it folds to me on the button. i have AQo. what do you guys do here?note that the game is very weak tight and i am running everybody over and would like to keep it up.
3 bet every single time
Raise for the love of DinkDonk!
2.5k profit tonigiht... weeee. doesn't cover my loss from Sunday (3k) but on my way. I will never lose that much again in one day!
That's not really the proper way to think. If you keep moving up in stakes, you will eventually lose more than that in a day.
I would really love to someday be good enough to play in the mid to high stakes lhe/mix games and do well in them, that being said I don't know if I will ever get there. I've never ever really wanted to be a "pro", I really respect those that are, but for me I need a little bit more structure and security in my life (not to say you guys don't have structure, you are more disciplined than me). I'm currently in my senior year of college working on my double BS and find that I don't quite have the time I need to practice the game and perfect my methodology, but I use this thread to get better, which I think is the next best thing. I feel that I am better than most of the people I play, but the majority of my play is live which we all know is easier to beat. I feel l have the work ethic and ability to be good, I just don't have the time with my responsibilities right now.I guess what I'm trying to say is I appreciate what everyone in this thread contributes, ( advanced, intermediate, and beginners), and even though I don't contribute alot to this thread, it has and will continue to help me become a better poker player. Hopefully someday I will be on a level much closer to where some of you guys are now.
I think I played my first hand of 6-max in late August. I've only played like 45,000 hands since then. You can do it if you're willing to think hard about the game, a lot.
Did you get a good feel of how he checks the flop in position after raising pre so that he can bluff raise the turn like, every time. I usually fold to his bluff raise, but call him down when he improves to some monster 2nd pair.
OMG YESI'm catching on to his bs though. It's still hard when the turn and river come perfect for him like every time. lol
I 3-town, unless you can tell me exactly why I should flat.

I'm pretty shocked that Dutch and FG's 3bet%'s are so low. I guess when I started out, I was a complete lagtard with literally no difference in my opening and 3betting range, so I expect everyone else to have experimented with loose 3-betting early on. Don't take it to the extreme that I did, but definitely 3-bet CO raises with like 67s once in a while. It puts you in a ton of marginal spots that will teach you how to squeeze value out of hands that you normally wouldn't. You'd be shocked at some of the stuff people will start to call you down with. It will improve your viewpoint on normal hands as well.By the way, when I said there was no difference in my opening and 3betting range before, I was in no way joking. When I first started playing, I would 3bet a raise from absolutely any position with like 89s+, A7o+, KTo+, QTo+, JTo+, 22+ and would just fire until someone stopped me. It obviously wasn't an optimal way to play, but I won with that style and it taught me a ton about how to use post-flop aggression to both win pots and gain extra value vs. different types of opponents. It was really an important developmental stage of my game.It wasn't until like this year that I really implemented inducing bluffs as a significant component of my post-flop game. That stage has improved my game immensely as well, but I'm a much better player because of my early aggro days. I can now much more effectively play in steal and blind defense situations and am much more comfortable both being the aggressor in a hand and playing against one.