Lhe Challenge(?) Thread

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just reading the Wikipedia articles on diurnal/nocturnal and then read this: http://www.tommyangelo.com/articles/time_is_on_my_side.htmHow odd. I doubt I've read/spoken either of those words in weeks or months and then get confronted with them twice within a span of 10 minutes.
Very interesting article. I remember in college I used to have an away message on AIM that said, "morning is whenever I wake up." I'd put this message up whenever I went to bed, which was usually in the wee hours, fully expecting not to wake up until afternoon. I've also always said that I think my body was designed for something more like a 30 or 36 hour cycle. 24 just isn't enough. If I went with what comes naturally to me, I'd probably stay up 16-18 hours a day and sleep for 10-12. I find it very interesting that some of us are just wired this way for no apparent reason.

Here's a graph of his range, produced by my cool new toy cool new toy, incidentally: FreeCard-owned.jpg(I did that wrong, and left in a bunch of hands that obviously fold, which is why the numbers don't add up. My on-the-fly range-calibration skills are in their infancy.)

I'm only playing .5/1, where I should still have an edge considering my current state.oooorrrre mabye not. I didn't think this was too bad at the time.Only 6 hands with her but she's played every one of them.PokerStars Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.comPreflop: Hero is CO with :ts, :4h2 folds, Hero raises, 2 folds, BB 3-bets, Hero callsFlop: (6.5 SB) :qh, :D, :qh(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets, BB callsTurn: (4.25 BB) :D(2 players)BB bets, Hero raises, BB callsRiver: (8.25 BB) :club:(2 players)BB checks, Hero checksTotal pot: $8.25 (8.25 BB) | Rake: $0.40Results:BB had :3h, :D (one pair, eights).Hero had :D, :5c (two pair, tens and eights).Outcome: Hero won $7.85

Did he take a hit, too?
I raise that turn because I was seriously sure that she didn't have any part of that or a pair. Nothing made sense so I raised. Then even though I made a pair and got showdown value so I checked behind because there's no way she could have a hand to call with that I beat. Had I not made a pair I would have bet to make K or Q high fold.
I raise that turn because I was seriously sure that she didn't have any part of that or a pair. Nothing made sense so I raised. Then even though I made a pair and got showdown value so I checked behind because there's no way she could have a hand to call with that I beat. Had I not made a pair I would have bet to make K or Q high fold.
If your read is that he would never donk an A there, then that's a decent line to try to get him to give up with a KQ or whatever, but the important thing is that no one is female on the internet. It's always a dude with a chick's name.

Stuck pretty good again today, currently on an $11k downswing, and this month looks like it will quickly become quite average.Checky on that QJ hand, I generally 3 bet preflop, but if I'm flatting a lot of stuff vs. a villain, I take that exact line as well.

Every couple of weeks or so I post some half-baked declaration about how I'm going to learn another game seriously. Truth be told, I mostly think that because I get bored for an hour or two, and wonder how easy it would be to pick one up. But in all honesty I have no interest in ever playing much straight NL or PLO, and think my edge would be bigger in LHE, given the same amount of work. I do, however, hope to eventually play high-stakes mixed games, partly because I feel like the kind of groundwork understanding I'm working to develop will allow me to be much more efficient in my education, and therefore have a greater average edge than a lot of players. The thing is, LHE is the only HORSE game I don't suck at. I assume the stud games are where I would want to concentrate my early effort? Also, any thoughts or criticism of my thought process on this subject?(This is a long-term aspiration, and I don't see myself working in too many mixed game hands until my paper's right and I'm beating mid-stakes LHE, but I'd like to start building a foundation in my spare[er] time.)
I'd be more than happy to give HORSE advice. I play all the games pretty decent. And yes......learn the Stud games, particularly Razz and Stud 8.
If your read is that he would never donk an A there, then that's a decent line to try to get him to give up with a KQ or whatever, but the important thing is that no one is female on the internet. It's always a dude with a chick's name.
You're right. It maybe wasn't quite as well thought out as I thought it was. What do you do in that hand? I cant see calling down with J high after getting 3bet, and we think it has air, so we raise?...it could donk an A I suppose, but I think its more unlikely than likely, so how much credit do we give it, and does it make it not worth it to raise?Im still high and I probably sound like a jackass right now. I should stop posting. I'm up 20 BBs in 50 hands single tabling though.
as someone who plays most games reasonably well, my progression may be somewhat helpful there, maybe. here's the basic order that i learned how to play limit forms of poker:fwiw, i think i still have more to learn about stud hi than any other limit game.
Stud seems like a really, really deep game, and one I would really like to have a deep knowledge of. (How multi-tablable is Stud?)Also, your proficiency in a ton of games is definately something I admire and look forward to attaining.
Stud 8 is one of my better games honestly.....it is the game I learned first. I have a chop at the LAPC a few years back in Stud. Chopped it once we got 3 handed. Played with Ted Forrest at my table for 5 hours or so during day 1.
You're right. It maybe wasn't quite as well thought out as I thought it was. What do you do in that hand? I cant see calling down with J high after getting 3bet, and we think it has air, so we raise?...it could donk an A I suppose, but I think its more unlikely than likely, so how much credit do we give it, and does it make it not worth it to raise?Im still high and I probably sound like a jackass right now. I should stop posting.
It really depends. If I have the right read, I'm more than willing to stick in a raise (that read has to include the likelihood of K- or Q- high, though, and also that he'll fold it), but I think I probably just pitch. Give me KQ and an aggressive, bad opponent, and I really don't need much specific to look him up two streets.
Stuck pretty good again today, currently on an $11k downswing, and this month looks like it will quickly become quite average.Checky on that QJ hand, I generally 3 bet preflop, but if I'm flatting a lot of stuff vs. a villain, I take that exact line as well.
if december goes bad, and you go broke, you can sleep on my couch in return for a hookup :club:.yes, please post in the mixed thread. it'll be nice to have people posting hands from non-micros in there.

Just had set < set on 2 tables at once so i think it's time to end the most frustrating day ever. 2 break even stretches were littered with the most ridiculous coolers/beats I've taken yet. I felt I played pretty well except at about about hands 350 to 500 and right at the end.dec11th.jpgStill winning at 2.89 BB/100 for the month.

Checky- depending on how quickly my car inspection goes and when god damn Progressive gets done with maintenance on their site, I will be heading back to Buffalo either tomorrow or Friday. I'm not sure how long I'll be around, but I'll let you know when I know. Oh and if I do go broke, I'll still have my apartment. Payment in advance FTW.

Checky- depending on how quickly my car inspection goes and when god damn Progressive gets done with maintenance on their site, I will be heading back to Buffalo either tomorrow or Friday. I'm not sure how long I'll be around, but I'll let you know when I know. Oh and if I do go broke, I'll still have my apartment. Payment in advance FTW.
oh, btw, if you want a good place for car work that won't scam you in buffalo, try bison automotive (i think it's at kenmore/delaware, as i recall). it's the first place of 3 i've tried here that didn't try to scam me (mr. tire and delta sonic).and ty, obv.oh, i also wanted to say that i "paid off" with ak high in a 20BB pot today because of your signature quote and won. the money was nice, but there was not hot waitress :ts.HS, don't sweat a 50-60BB day at all. as you move up and hit more aggressive players that aren't being retarded-aggressive, you'll go through swings like that over the course of a couple hundred hands. if you can have a day full of set over set spots and only drop that much, you should praise jesus christ himself :club:.
Just had set < set on 2 tables at once so i think it's time to end the most frustrating day ever. 2 break even stretches were littered with the most ridiculous coolers/beats I've taken yet. I felt I played pretty well except at about about hands 350 to 500 and right at the end.dec11th.jpgStill winning at 2.89 BB/100 for the month.
Do you really play 3,000-hand sessions every day? That's crazy. I'm jealous.50BB is so so so so standard. Forget it. It's nothing. You'll have 100BB downers pretty often.