Chrozzo's Beer Of The Day

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi.   I thought of you when I took this photo.  

Warming up for for the NegO with the biggest Mexican beer out there,Pale colour, Not much head, no real nose, not a hop anywhere, very light, watery flavour, really need the lime.4.5%ABV

2 things. Chrozzo, as far as I am concerned, you started this craft beer craze for me. And 2. SuitedAces21 i hate Kansas.

Nice, thanks!Now can you put a link beside each one going to the page they are on? J/K :club:
I actually thought that was a great idea so here you go (with rankings and AC):1.Guinness 10/10 5% 2.McEwan's 12/10 8.5% 3.Troeg's Microbrewery 8-9/10 5-11% 4.Steam Whistle 7/10 ?% 5.Ayinger Dunkel 7/10 5.8% 6.Boddington's 7.5/10 3.8-4.1% 7.Heineken 4/10 5% 8.Newcastle 6.5/10 5% 9.Anchor Steam 9/10 4.9% 10Full Sail Amber Ale 9.5/10 5.5% 11.Widmer Hefeweizen 8.5/10 4.7% 12.Lucky Lager 3.5/10 4.73% 13.Red Hose Ale (Sacramento Brewing Co.) 9/10 6.2% 14.Bass Pale Ale 8/10 5% 15.Sierra Nevada Pale Ale 8/10 5.6% 16.Red Stripe Lager 6.5/10 4.7% 17.Negro Modelo 9/10 4.7% 18.Red Seal Ale 8/10 5.5% 19.Chimay 8.5/10 4.8-8% 20.Unibroue Brewery 8/10 6-9% 21.Gulden Draak 10/10 10.5% 22.Belhaven 7.5/10 5% 23.Delirium Noctornum 10/10 8.5% 24.Fraziskaner Hefeweizen 8/10 10.5% 25.Duvel 8/10 8.5%26.Ommegang 8/10 8.5%27.Magic Hat Brewery 7/10 4-6%28.O'Haras Irish Red and Stout 8.8/10 ?%29.Mad Elf by Troeg's Brewery 10/10 11.5%30.Harp Lager 7.7/10 10.5%31.Leffe 8.2/10 6.6%32.Rogue Brewery 7/10 7%33.Caffrey's 10/10 5%34.Stone Brewing Co. 8.4/10 4.4-11%35.Samuel Adam's 9.4/10 5%

wow, just read that list wrong. Thinking the numbers next to beer names was their rankings. Heinekin in the top ten, NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!I feel better now, though I can not for the life of me understand the 10/10 rating on Guinness.I think Chrozzo's on the St James payroll.Stuff's black nitrogen flavored water yo.

I feel better now, though I can not for the life of me understand the 10/10 rating on Guinness.I think Chrozzo's on the St James payroll.Stuff's black nitrogen flavored water yo.
because i like you...i will pretned i didnt hear you, okbut next time you may say something innapropriate, it wil come down hard on you :club:

Day 35:Skullsplitter - Orkney Brewing Company, ScotlandSkullSplitter is a Scotch ale produced by the Orkney Brewery in Scotland. The ale has a 8.5% ABV.[1] SkullSplitter won the award of Supreme Champion Winter Beer of Britain 2001 at CAMRA's national winter celebration of beer. SkullSplitter takes its name after Thorfinn Hausakluif who was nicknamed "Skullsplitter". Hausakluif was the 7th Viking Earl of Orkney sometime around 950 AD .[2]Skullsplitter, was referenced in episode 9 season 2 of HBO's Entourage. At the Comic-con, it is revealed that Johnny "Drama" Chase's mortal enemy in his sci-fi TV series Viking Quest, was Thorfinn Skullsplitter, who was born in Orkney. While it may be a coincidence Skullsplitter beer, which is named after Thorfinn, is imported by Legends LTD, located on "Dillon" (Drama is played by Kevin Dillon) street in Baltimore, MD.Chrozzo's Ranking: 9/10Alcohol Content: 8.5%Chrozzo's Notes: If in not in the mood for Guinness, or a microbrew, and I order a McEwans, and they are out...this is my go-to beer. Very similar in taste to the Mcs. A bit more caramel taste and also more of a bite. I highly recommend. Have yet to have on tap though, but that will be a treat.orkney_skullsplitter.jpgskullsplitter_med.jpgskullsplitter1.jpg

Day 35:Skullsplitter - Orkney Brewing Company, ScotlandSkullSplitter is a Scotch ale produced by the Orkney Brewery in Scotland. The ale has a 8.5% ABV.[1] SkullSplitter won the award of Supreme Champion Winter Beer of Britain 2001 at CAMRA's national winter celebration of beer. SkullSplitter takes its name after Thorfinn Hausakluif who was nicknamed "Skullsplitter". Hausakluif was the 7th Viking Earl of Orkney sometime around 950 AD .[2]Skullsplitter, was referenced in episode 9 season 2 of HBO's Entourage. At the Comic-con, it is revealed that Johnny "Drama" Chase's mortal enemy in his sci-fi TV series Viking Quest, was Thorfinn Skullsplitter, who was born in Orkney. While it may be a coincidence Skullsplitter beer, which is named after Thorfinn, is imported by Legends LTD, located on "Dillon" (Drama is played by Kevin Dillon) street in Baltimore, MD.Chrozzo's Ranking: 9/10Alcohol Content: 8.5%Chrozzo's Notes: If in not in the mood for Guinness, or a microbrew, and I order a McEwans, and they are out...this is my go-to beer. Very similar in taste to the Mcs. A bit more caramel taste and also more of a bite. I highly recommend. Have yet to have on tap though, but that will be a treat.orkney_skullsplitter.jpgskullsplitter_med.jpgskullsplitter1.jpg
Nice name.I will def have to try this beer!

why in the hell isnt BUSCH LIGHT on the list yet? but in all seriousness, have you ever tried Lienenkugals (SP?..too lazy to look it up) Summer Shandy? MMMMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmm

Chrozo - saw you mention DC in one post. If you're in this area you'll have to drop by the Brickskeller. The carry over 1000 beers and have a very knowledgeable staff. I'm not a huge fan of sweet malty beers so I'm not crazy about a lot of your choices but there are definitely some good ones in there.The best beer ever (well after Guiness in Ireland) was Adnams Nut Brown. I don't think they make it anymore or at least they don't have it available here. A good second choice is Sam Smith's Nut Brown which is good out of the bottle and sheer heaven on draft.Can't believe you've ignored Dogfish Head too. Many good beers. Their 90 Minute IPA is amazing. Though they also brewed the worst beer I've ever tasted - their Immort Ale. Tastes like maple syrup with a couple shots of vanilla.

So I made a run to BevMo after finding this thread and tried to pick up most of those that Chrozzo gave high scores to. Couldn't find Caffrey's or Skull Splitter, anyone been able to find these there?21. Gulden Draak - BelgiumHad this tonight.......mmmmm......me like.

Chrozo - saw you mention DC in one post. If you're in this area you'll have to drop by the Brickskeller. The carry over 1000 beers and have a very knowledgeable staff. I'm not a huge fan of sweet malty beers so I'm not crazy about a lot of your choices but there are definitely some good ones in there.The best beer ever (well after Guiness in Ireland) was Adnams Nut Brown. I don't think they make it anymore or at least they don't have it available here. A good second choice is Sam Smith's Nut Brown which is good out of the bottle and sheer heaven on draft.Can't believe you've ignored Dogfish Head too. Many good beers. Their 90 Minute IPA is amazing. Though they also brewed the worst beer I've ever tasted - their Immort Ale. Tastes like maple syrup with a couple shots of vanilla.
dude, they know me by name there...heheyou ever been to the upstairs part of bk? they have taps, and the dumbwaiter allows you to choose from the entire beer menu....my last tab there with my cousins was $500...hehe...too much fun there
So I made a run to BevMo after finding this thread and tried to pick up most of those that Chrozzo gave high scores to. Couldn't find Caffrey's or Skull Splitter, anyone been able to find these there?21. Gulden Draak - BelgiumHad this tonight.......mmmmm......me like.
thats what im here for

Went to Total Wine and Beverage with my uncle on Saturday after picking crabs and eating a pound of shrimp. I wanted to try a couple new beers. My uncle is like Chrozzo in the way that he has heard of like every single beer known to man. I asked him about McEwans and he was like "oh that is a great scottish ale" blah blah "it's good". I was like great, we are getting that. So we got a 6 pack of that and a 6 pack of some Hoegaarden beer I think it's Belgian. We drank the Hoegaarden first because it was in the fridge section and they had NO cold McEwans. Let me just say the Hoegaarden is GREAT. I highly recommend it to anybody. They call it a white ale I think. It looks like cloudy apple juice. It even has directions on the back of the bottle on how to pour it. It says pour 2/3rds into glass, swirl around the rest of the bottle, then pour to create a nice head. I thought it tasted better poured than out of the bottle straight. HoegaardenWhitewithGlass.jpgAfter we downed those we went on to the McEwan's. This was a fantastic beer. I poured my first one and just drank the other 2 out of the bottle. I liked it better out of the bottle for some reason but it had a very nice flavor. I don't know how to describe the after taste but it is similar to when I drink coffee. But it doesn't taste like coffe. I know that sounds odd but it is what it is. I look forward to trying more beers!!

dude, they know me by name there...heheyou ever been to the upstairs part of bk? they have taps, and the dumbwaiter allows you to choose from the entire beer menu....my last tab there with my cousins was $500...hehe...too much fun there
I've never sat upstairs. The do have a few taps downstairs but its swill like Miller Lite or something. There are only two problems with this place:1) they're often out of stuff - though at this point you just tell the waitress Heffewiezen from the US and they bring you something good.2) Some of the more obscure stuff they carry gets oldBeen a while since I've been there. I think another trip is in order.
why in the hell isnt BUSCH LIGHT on the list yet? but in all seriousness, have you ever tried Lienenkugals (SP?..too lazy to look it up) Summer Shandy? MMMMMmmmmmMMMMMmmmm
Yes very light refreshing hefe. I believe Chrozzo and I discussed it but never added it to the list.
After we downed those we went on to the McEwan's. This was a fantastic beer. I poured my first one and just drank the other 2 out of the bottle. I liked it better out of the bottle for some reason but it had a very nice flavor. I don't know how to describe the after taste but it is similar to when I drink coffee. But it doesn't taste like coffe. I know that sounds odd but it is what it is. I look forward to trying more beers!!
AWESOME!
I've never sat upstairs. The do have a few taps downstairs but its swill like Miller Lite or something. There are only two problems with this place:1) they're often out of stuff - though at this point you just tell the waitress Heffewiezen from the US and they bring you something good.2) Some of the more obscure stuff they carry gets oldBeen a while since I've been there. I think another trip is in order.
yeah..i agree there...out of many....but who can blame themupstairs , thought...MUCH nicer atmosphere....plus Delirium ON TAP and Florencia as bartender (maybe)..shes koool tho
Dogfish Head has been my favorite beer since I found out about it. Tonight, at the Flying Saucer, I looked up on their "just landed" board and I find... Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA. For non-hopheads, that's the Holy Grail of beer for the rest of us. It's the beer equivalent of a Royal Flush up against Quad Aces while Charlize Theron helps Scarlett Johansson clean up the mess she just made in your pants while slipping her room # into your pocket. 120 minutes of hopping, 30 days of dry hopping, 30 more days of another kind of hopping... results in a 20% abv beer with 120 ibus, and it's incredibly smooth with an almost apple-ciderish scent. One beer, and you're hammered... and you're also floating home, knowing you've had the greatest beer ever poured.

Day 36:Alexander KeithsNova Scotia, CanadaAlexander Keith's is a Canadian brewery founded in 1820 in Halifax, Nova Scotia making it one of the oldest commercial breweries in all of North America. It was founded by Alexander Keith who emigrated from Scotland in 1817. Today, the brewery is under the control of Labatt, a subsidiary of Inbev, formerly Interbrew. The brewery also produces Oland Brewery beers, distributed in Eastern Canada. To this date there is only a single brewery making the eponymous beer.When ordering in Canada, one simply asks for a Keith's.Keith's brewery produces Keith's India Pale Ale, Keith's Red Amber Ale, Keith's Traditional Lager, and Keith's Light Ale. Keith's most popular and most widely distributed beer is its India Pale Ale. Keith's IPA has received some international acclaim, and its popularity outside Canada is growing.Alexander Keith's career as a politician, and the brewery's and Nova Scotia's Scottish heritage are used to market the beer. In 2002, the mayor of the Halifax Regional Municipality, Peter Kelly, included an invitation to visit Halifax in each case of beer.Alcohol Content: ~5.0%Chrozzo's Rating: 8.7/10Chrozzos Notes: A very nice tasting lager. I first had in Niagara on the lake a couple years ago. I like the stories of how the Canadian Army used to ration this among the men serving during the wars. Didnt have again until last week, when my pub got a couple kegs. Had some more tongiht...i recommend.AlexanderKeiths.jpgalexander_keiths.jpgkeiths.jpg5445.jpg

Day 37:Stone Brewing CompanySan Diego, CAStone Brewing Co., founded 1996 in San Marcos, is a craft brewery now located in Escondido, San Diego County, California.Stone is best known[citation needed] for the aggressive Arrogant Bastard Ale, although the brewery considers Stone Pale Ale and Stone IPA to be its flagship beers[citation needed]. Most of their beers are characteristic of west-coast craft brews; that is to say, emphasis is placed primarily on the recipes' hop character[citation needed]. Most Stone beers are purchased in 22 ounce bottles, but select beers are sold in traditional six packs, kegs, and 3 litre bottles.The beers available in six-packs are the Stone Pale Ale, Stone IPA, Stone Levitation Ale, Oaked Arrogant Bastard Ale, and Stone Ruination IPA. Stone uses 22oz bottles to feature their "bigger character" beers and Stone Special Releases. Compared to most brewers, Stone brews feature alcohol percentages that are well above average. The alcohol-by-volume content of Stone brews ranges from 4.4% to well over 11%.Stone Brewing is consistently rated as one of the best brewers in the US, and world, by the two largest beer enthusiast websites, RateBeer.com and BeerAdvocate.com.Arrogant Bastard Ale is an American strong ale. It is marketed by warning potential consumers that they are "not worthy" of such a sophisticated beer, suggesting most people cannot appreciate a beer of such quality and depth. It is a popular beer among craft beer aficionados.Double Bastard Ale is a more intense version of Stone's American strong ale, Arrogant Bastard, with an ABV of about 10%. It is a special release item and goes on sale every November in 22 ounce and 3 liter bottlesAlcohol Content: from <5.0% to 11.8%Chrozzo's Ranking: 9.2/10Chrozzo's Notes: I love most of these beers! I dont like the IPAs, bute the Arrogant bastard, the double arrogant, the Russian Imperial Stout (which i am drinking at this very moment..and it is one of the most creamy..smothest strong stouts ive ever had (Guinness not in same category..bc its not strong)) Anyways...i love it..and also 11%..weeeeeeeeeestone-brewing-beer-university-2308.jpgstone-brewing-beer-university-2308.jpg330px-Beers_of_Stone_Brewing_Company.jpgintro.gifirs.jpg

I've had stone before and I do like it, but even I don't think that it's worthy of being beer of the day twice!
wha...rly?i drunka s i loiked ove tyhe lsiti did this ralreasy?

Lately I've had:Young's Double chocolate stout- Good, very chocolately, they make beer floats with this and Ice cream at YardHouseSam Adam's: Pale Ale - meh Ok but not my styleCream Stout - yum, good stout for the price IMOBoston Lager - good lagerSummer Ale - Decent not greatBoston Ale - Decent not greatCherry Wheat - yuck too sweetBlack Lager - yummy, probably fav Sam Adams so farMaredsous 10 - decent and strongRogue Shakespere Stout - no thanks, to bitter, I usually like stouts but this one was too bitterDelirium Tremens - yummy, expensive ($7 draw)Anchor Porter - was too drunk to remember, pretty sure I had it tho.

Lately I've had:Young's Double chocolate stout- Good, very chocolately, they make beer floats with this and Ice cream at YardHouseSam Adam's: Pale Ale - meh Ok but not my styleCream Stout - yum, good stout for the price IMOBoston Lager - good lagerSummer Ale - Decent not greatBoston Ale - Decent not greatCherry Wheat - yuck too sweetBlack Lager - yummy, probably fav Sam Adams so farMaredsous 10 - decent and strongRogue Shakespere Stout - no thanks, to bitter, I usually like stouts but this one was too bitterDelirium Tremens - yummy, expensive ($7 draw)Anchor Porter - was too drunk to remember, pretty sure I had it tho.
i appreciate the wffort and the posttry o find the delirium nocturnum and the mcewanshope u find more from my listweeeeeeeeeee!!!!

How drunk ar you?Ive had all of those and they are great.,I wish Yardhouse had Noctornum on tap they didn't, McEwans is great but I've been trying to expand the nhorizons! It still is up there and may become the "go to " beer that I have been searching for.. Black Lager is close though.