Chrozzo's Beer Of The Day

Day 38:SlyFox Brewery - Phoenixville, PASly Fox Brewery is a Pennsylvania brewery. It was founded by the Giannopoulos family at its original Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, location on December 20, 1995. The name of the establishment came out of a family meeting from the tradition of fox hunting in the Chester County area, where the first Sly Fox location resides.Sly Fox opened a second location on November 8, 2004, in Royersford, Pennsylvania, right off Route 422, northwest of Philadelphia.On the first Friday of every month, and only on the first Friday, a single keg of Incubus Tripel is tapped at noon at the Phoenixville location. The Incubus is poured until it kicks, which has occurred fairly early for this popular event.Started in Royersford in October 2005 but moved to Phoenixville in June 2006, a fresh firkin of a different cask conditioned Sly Fox beer is tapped on the bar on the third Friday of each month and poured until it runs out.Dreamed up in 2003 by Corey Reid, the Phoenixville location's bar manager, the St. Patrick's Day Boot Camp is a nine or ten week program leading up to St. Patrick's Day that allows participants to earn raffle tickets for a drawing conducted on St. Patrick's Day. Starting in 2005, the grand prize is a trip for two to Ireland.Each visit to Sly Fox earns the participant two raffle tickets and a stamp on their Boot Camp card, and participants can visit both locations. Starting in 2005, raffle tickets are given out on Wednesdays in Phoenixville and Thursdays in Royersford. After eight stamps, participants are given a Boot Camp t-shirt and ten additional raffle tickets[edit] Beers in 22oz bombersRt. 113 IPA Instigator Doppelbock Oktoberfest Odyssey Imperial IPA [edit] Beers in 12oz cansPikeland Pils Phoenix Pale Ale Dunkel Lager Royal Weisse Chrozzos" ranking: 8.9/10Alcohol content: ? to 10.5%Chrozzo's Notes: This is a great brewery. They make a triple IPA AND a Triple Abbey. The T abbey is my favorite. I boght a case of their Uncubus beer about 4 months ago...and loved it. Since my pub got Slyfox on tap, i aske ric if hed ever have the incubus...he said probably not (bc it was a high line beer). I went in today...and BAM!...there it was on tap...he saw me ocme in and smiled...i lookd at the list and bom...OH HAI!... and he hapily poured me a double. VN!so much better then the bottle!150px-Sly_fox_brewery_logo-thumb-150x150.jpg146465650_5da50cdba6_m.jpg17024.jpgincubusT.jpg

• Replies 568
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi.   I thought of you when I took this photo.  

Warming up for for the NegO with the biggest Mexican beer out there,Pale colour, Not much head, no real nose, not a hop anywhere, very light, watery flavour, really need the lime.4.5%ABV

2 things. Chrozzo, as far as I am concerned, you started this craft beer craze for me. And 2. SuitedAces21 i hate Kansas.

Got some McEwans all chilled and set for this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you and throwing back a couple.I am off work Friday at 4 PM and will not set foot back there until June 4th.10 days of work free bliss is right around the corner... :club:

Got some McEwans all chilled and set for this weekend. Looking forward to meeting you and throwing back a couple.I am off work Friday at 4 PM and will not set foot back there until June 4th.10 days of work free bliss is right around the corner... :club:
awesome man!i fly out early next thurs mornthen nothing til mon morn except pure fun!and drinkingand golfingand pokeringweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
With summer like temperatures I perfer lagers because of the drinkability. What is your favorite lager master?
other pic didnt come up...i will repost...
With summer like temperatures I perfer lagers because of the drinkability. What is your favorite lager master?
my fav LAGER is probably Smithwicksfrom Irelandvnbut a lso..this time of year i like to drink the Sama Adams Summer Alealso vn

I picked up some Warsteiner Premium Verum today (German beer). Anyone had this? We'll see what its like a bit later.Also picked up some Lowenbrau and my favorite Canadian beer Rickards Red.

Last night I bought a bottle of Sam Smiths Nut Brown Ale.. I thought it was very good. I think if I can ever find it on Tap it would be delicious.I also bought a 6-pack of Leinenkugels Honey Weiss.. which I thought was Ok. I didn't realize it was going to be such a light summery type of beer. I probably won't buy it again.

• 3 weeks later...

Had McEwans on the weekend. Loved it. It has such a unique taste, thick, dark, candy... I could live on this one. Didn't realize that it was 8.5% until after I had 4. Good buzz. Weee....

That was very unsatisfying..
ok ok...i went to bed early bc i had to drive down here to DC at 7 am for a CT scan and ultrasound......i will get to work on it now, bc ij at the apt and bored outta my mindim watching leaving las vegas for the first time....and im already deprerssed

Day 39:Brooklyn Brewing Company (Brooklyn, NY)Brooklyn Brewery was started in 1987 by former Associated Press correspondent Steve Hindy and former Chemical Bank lending officer Tom Potter. Hindy learned to brew beer during a six year stay in various Middle Eastern nations such as Saudi Arabia and Syria, where possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages were forbidden. Upon his return to his home to Brooklyn in 1984, he and Potter, his downstairs neighbor, quit their jobs and founded the brewery.The pair hired graphic designer Milton Glaser, best known as the creator of the logo for the I Love New York campaign, to create the company logo and identity. Originally all their beer was brewed by contract by Matt Brewing Company, and the pair started their own distribution company and personally transported and marketed their beer to bars and retailers around New York City. Later, they acquired a former matzo ball factory in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, and converted it into a functional brewery. Although the brewery is looking to expand its brewing capacity in the City, at present most of the production, included all Brooklyn Lager and all bottled products, are brewed by contract in upstate New York, in Utica, due to the limited ability to meet demand at the Williamsburg brewery, its lack of a bottling line, and the cost benefits of contract brewing. Garrett Oliver, BrewmasterAt their Williamsburg location, they offer guided tours on Saturdays starting at noon and beer tastings on Friday nights from 6pm to 11pm.Since 1994, Garrett Oliver has been the Brooklyn Brewery Brewmaster. In 2003 he published the book "The Brewmaster's Table: Discovering the Pleasures of Real Beer with Real Food". Garrett has also been a judge at the Great American Beer Festival for eleven years. [1]Chrozzo's Notes: Ive only had the Pale Ale and the Double Chocolate Stout. Ill tell you, that stout, for a choc beer, was insanely good! More like just a hint of chocolate, not too overbearing. The stout flavor was MUCH more prevalent, with very little of a bite to it.Chrozzo's Ranking: 8.0/10Alcohol Content: Ranges from 5% to ~10% (for the 2x choco stout)Brooklyn-Brewery-Logo-747599.jpgbrooklyn_brewery-label.jpg2002282286982287825_rs.jpg

ok ok...i went to bed early bc i had to drive down here to DC at 7 am for a CT scan and ultrasound......i will get to work on it now, bc ij at the apt and bored outta my mindim watching leaving las vegas for the first time....and im already deprerssed
So jump a plane next week and come with us!! hehe
Alcohol Content: Ranges from 5% to ~10% (for the 2x choco stout)Brooklyn-Brewery-Logo-747599.jpgbrooklyn_brewery-label.jpg2002282286982287825_rs.jpg
I forgot if it was the Lager or Brown Ale that I had I think it was the Brown Ale.. but I thought it was HORRIBLE.

discovered a new brewery todayTommyknocker Brewery, out of COjsut came to area it seems, though they started back in 1994my pub has the ButtHead Bock (doublebock) on tap, but i got a 6 pack of the Imperial Nut Brown Alehttp://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/tommyknocker-brewery/1435/kinda sweeter than i thought it would be...very close taste to McEwans too, more of a bite tho.

• 4 weeks later...

Day 40:DeKoninck BreweryDe Koninck Brewery (Brouwerij De Koninck) is a Belgian brewery based in Antwerp. The glass in which De Koninck's flagship beer is served is called a bolleke, although this term is most colloquially used to refer to a glass filled with the beer itself. The brewery currently produces 3 different beers: the classic De Koninck, the Tripel De Koninck and the De Koninck Blond."I was amazed when I first discovered De Koninck, and I said to the owner of the brewery, a remarkable man, “Why didn’t you switch to lager when other European brewers were switching to lager?” And he said, “Oh, I don’t know, I guess we couldn’t afford lagering equipment.” And so ale stayed the famous beer of Antwerp. I remember being in a hotel there once and asking the lady behind the counter where I could find De Koninck, and she said, “Ah, even the British know our famous beer of Antwerp.” She was so proud of the city’s beer, and I love that idea. They are very proud of their beer at De Koninck"Their regular beer is about 5 percent alcohol, an amber ale with lovely silky malt character, and a very nice Saaz hop aroma. This beer is a bit special. It’s six and a half percent alcohol, so it’s bigger all around, but from the same characteristic style.Chrozzo's Notes: I have yet to have any other style other than the ale. In fact...i had this one time at my pub about 3 years ago, they they sold out. It remained on the menu..got it back last thursday they tell me, and i had some tonight...i was happy.Chrozzo's Ranking: 8.5/10Alcohol Content: ~5%De_Koninck_Antoon_L.jpgkrabendrink.jpg? lolbrewery_deKoninck.jpgDeKoninck_Tripel_4-pack.jpg

Hurro hes some for you to try if you ever see them This lager is like henieken and is total electric soup, it wrecks you but the hangover is smooth OranjeboomAnd you would probabley like this one the best chrozzo, it is the national ale of wales, very close to McEwans Scotch Ale, If you cant get any of this in us, then let me know and i will ship you a few tins over ( not the same as on tap ) but i cant stand to see the Scots or the Irish beating us at any list :club: Loads of differnt ales on here look at the cask beer section BrainsGood post btw

Why?
Because it won't be made in the US. The best beer is made overseas IMO.
Because it won't be made in the US. The best beer is made overseas IMO.
Yes, it will still be made in the US.Do you really think they are buying it to change the beer?Miller was bought by an "overseas" beer company and nothing has changed. They didn't change it cause it makes millions the way it is.
Yes, it will still be made in the US.Do you really think they are buying it to change the beer?Miller was bought by an "overseas" beer company and nothing has changed. They didn't change it cause it makes millions the way it is.
Ok I'm retarded, it is staying in the US.But they know how to make better beer so hopefully they make the beer better!