I'm listening to Metallica's Reload, but I'm down 3 buy-ins.I'd suggest something else.There should be a place in pokertracker's database for this. Then I could figure out the optimal music.
haha your probably down buy-ins because you picked Reload....now if you were rockin out to some Master of Puppets or And Justice For All you would prob be up to 7 buy ins!
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I switch it up a lot. Earlier stages I will put on a lot of techno/trance/vocal trance. Sometimes stuff like Tran Siberian Orchestra. More towards bubbles and final tables it will be brutal stuff like Behemoth, Aborted, Glass Casket, random death metal and if I'm running well I'll keep it, but I usually put on the same 30 Seconds to Mars CD every time I'm at a final table for tradition.

Here's my pre-mtt lineup (I know you said Cash, but I figured I'd chime in):Eye of the Tiger - SurvivorOver the Top - Sammy HagarLose Yourself - EminemGo - Andy HunterUnder Pressure - The UsedIt's Goin' Down - X-EcutionersRemember the Name - Fort MinorEDIT: Firestarter - The Prodigy (I forgot about adding this one)EDIT AGAIN: I just remembered two more.Monday in Vegas - Lucerin BlueDefense of Our Precedence - Wut MetaphysicalI really need to get back in this habit.This isn't the exact order per se, but you get what I mean.If I listen while I'm playing, I stream a Techno/Trance radio station from my music player.This is a habit I started during the 2006 WCOOP Razz event. I think it sort of helped me get set.

If u like hawaiian... Fiji - "Chant of the Islands" is awesome. #1 imo.http://youtube.com/watch?v=SWk4HldqOOUplz. disregard the video. :club: lemme kno what u guys thinkJack Johnson Bob MarleyEminemEye of the TigerFort Minor- remember the namePaparoach - Last resortDistubed- down with the sicknessEurope - the final countdowneminemjay z.... to name a few

That's nice and soothing.Thrilling video too.Led Zep I is now blasting at full volume as I prepare to play some HU.
yes very soothing, definitely puts your mind in order while prepping for a tourney session.

when I am really trying to concentrate I throw in Star Wars Empire Strikes Back soundtrack....something about Darth Vaders theme music pumps me up.Otherwise I will throw on some U2

I usually always stick the Beatles on - easy listening. Other than that David Bowie, Sonic Youth, Arctic Monkeys or Radiohead (its advised not to listen to the latter if youre on a bad run :club: )

I'm a hard rock fan, but I can't honestly see this music helping me concentrate. Actually, I'd be willing to say it doesn't.If an honest poll was taken, I wouldn't be shocked if it showed that people who listened to hard rock while playing are losing players on the whole.I've noticed techno/trance being played among the most successful players in this thread, and I've noticed I've yielded my best results while listening to the genre. My first Razz MTT win came while listening to it, and my WCOOP run came while I listened to it during the first hour (turned off due to streaming problems.)Between that and classical music, I think that those are the best choices for getting yourself into a good mental state to play your best poker.

You should listen to King Crimson. 21st Century Schizoid Man is FANTASTIC heads up poker music.
=)And judging from your other posts in this thread, you have excellent taste in music sir.

I tend to do really well while listening to Killswitch Engage and Clutch, as well as Rammstein.But my range of music goes from Johnny Cash, The Allman Brothers, up to what I have listed above and everything in between. No country or rap though. All rock.When I'm playing at a live table, I don't listen to an MP3 player or anything. Even with it on low volume I can't hear what everyone is saying.

Pretty much anything rock. Deep Purple, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, REM, Breaking Benjamin, Disturbed, SOAD, GNR/Velvet Revolver, Green Day, Audioslave, Alice in Chains, Dragonforce, Metallica, Nirvana, Pink Floyd, U2, Rolling Stones, RHCP, Styx, Coldplay, etc.Though I tend to listen to it before and after, rather than during.