So like lately i've been playing alot of hours on cash tables. When i'm playing for all that time going through so many hands in silence i go insane, i use music to get into a zone. (this is online...live you obv may want to listen to people and it's less boring anyway). But to me music is a must have for playing online, but all my music is getting old. I need new stuff.Give me some ideas, what do you listen to whilst playing poker?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So like lately i've been playing alot of hours on cash tables. When i'm playing for all that time going through so many hands in silence i go insane, i use music to get into a zone. (this is online...live you obv may want to listen to people and it's less boring anyway). But to me music is a must have for playing online, but all my music is getting old. I need new stuff.Give me some ideas, what do you listen to whilst playing poker?
nig beats

Eye of the TigerZanaduFight for your Right to PartyJohn Jacob Jingle Himer Schmidtput these on random, and watch out boys, Balloon Guy is here to playyyyyyyyy!

I'm listening to Metallica's Reload, but I'm down 3 buy-ins.I'd suggest something else.There should be a place in pokertracker's database for this. Then I could figure out the optimal music.

Interestingly I listened to music during during a session the other night.+4 buyins listening to Dance (House) musicthen-2 buyins listening to Rock musicthen+ 2 buyins listening to Dance music ....I actually used to study with Dance music on, I find it actually helps me concentrate and doesn't distract me....

Rock and Blues all the way.Recently been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash as well.When I'm playing lots of tournaments/cash games at once I tend to listen to prog rock to get me in the right state of mind. Not really sure why it works, but it does.Right now, listening to Jimi Hendrix - Live at Monterery.

Ambient, instrumental stuff (specifically post-rock) helps me concentrate the best. You get the "sound" aspect of the music to fill the silence but not the vocals that I sometimes find distracting.