Official I Joined A Gym Thread

THE GYM IS NOT A NIGHTCLUB WHERE YOU GO TO TRY TO GET LAID. THE GYM IS WHERE YOU GO SO YOU CAN GO TO ACTUAL NIGHTCLUBS AND TRY TO GET LAID.
I disagree especially if you are dating a girl who works at the gym, and then have sex in the gym and sauna when the gym closes.Not that I would know anything about such things, or would I know that sex in a sauna, as a hot tub is highly overrated because you end up burning your ass.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree especially if you are dating a girl who works at the gym, and then have sex in the gym and sauna when the gym closes.Not that I would know anything about such things, or would I know that sex in a sauna, as a hot tub is highly overrated because you end up burning your ass.
I stand corrected and slightly intrigued about sauna sex.
I stand corrected and slightly intrigued about sauna sex.
Well you would think it would be hot and steamy like in a movie or something, but its not. It's too hot. You sit on the wood bunch too long your ass and balls burn....so I've heard at least.
Well you would think it would be hot and steamy like in a movie or something, but its not. It's too hot. You sit on the wood bunch too long your ass and balls burn....so I've heard at least.
Sit on a towel dumbo.
The idea of burning my balls on the bench makes me feel much less jealous that I've never had sauna sex.
I get annoyed by pretty much everything you mentioned, too. I work on the second floor of my building and refuse to ever use the elevator. It's not a huge deal, but the fact that I go up and down probably 6 flights of stairs each day has to be better than using the elevator. The biggest thing that will always annoy me at gyms is the people who you can track for like 45 minutes and they spend 30 of it either talking to other people or getting a drink. THE GYM IS NOT A NIGHTCLUB WHERE YOU GO TO TRY TO GET LAID. THE GYM IS WHERE YOU GO SO YOU CAN GO TO ACTUAL NIGHTCLUBS AND TRY TO GET LAID.
Oh no doubt. Guy today, high school kid probably, walking around with his girlfriend, holding hands between sets and machines, she wasn't even working out. Also, people that grab dumbbells off the rack, take half a step back, and stand in the way and do their set, so nobody else can get a set of dumbbells anywhere near there.30 faced paced minutes on the bike, 150 crunches, 9 sets of shoulders. Weeeee

Hey Sal, I've asked you this before but I forgot the website. What protein powder did you recommend to use and off of what site? I've been using GNC 100% Whey Protein Powder in chocolate flavor. I like the taste but it seems a little pricey. What are your guy's opinions on creatine? I've done some research online and it seems like it's safe. Is it actually beneficial? I'm 5'11" 160 pounds and lift at least every other day. I've basically hit a wall. I've been stuck on repping 190 on bench for the past three weeks. Any suggestions on how to get over the hump?

Hey Sal, I've asked you this before but I forgot the website. What protein powder did you recommend to use and off of what site? I've been using GNC 100% Whey Protein Powder in chocolate flavor. I like the taste but it seems a little pricey.
well first off, anything from GNC is gonna be expensive. they're the most expensive place to buy supplements. second, I probably would have recommended Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey which is good stuff and reasonably priced. go for the extreme milk chocolate, the other chocolate flavor sucks. they do have some new stuff out though (from optimum nutrition as well) that I think I'm gonna get next. one is called Pro Complex, which looks like a souped up version of the 100% whey (and it's expensive too), and this stuff called Nitro Core from Optimum, which is like an all around, anytime protein. that may be your best bet, but I've never tried it, so I can't really recommend it.
What are your guy's opinions on creatine? I've done some research online and it seems like it's safe. Is it actually beneficial? I'm 5'11" 160 pounds and lift at least every other day. I've basically hit a wall. I've been stuck on repping 190 on bench for the past three weeks. Any suggestions on how to get over the hump?
I used creatine for a few months a while back. didn't really notice any gains other than water gain. I've heard that it works differently for different people though, so you might wanna give it a shot. I have heard, though, that the effects are similar to steroids in that you kinda lose the gains after you stop using it. not sure if that's true or not though.
well first off, anything from GNC is gonna be expensive. they're the most expensive place to buy supplements. second, I probably would have recommended Optimum Nutrition's 100% Whey which is good stuff and reasonably priced. go for the extreme milk chocolate, the other chocolate flavor sucks. they do have some new stuff out though (from optimum nutrition as well) that I think I'm gonna get next. one is called Pro Complex, which looks like a souped up version of the 100% whey (and it's expensive too), and this stuff called Nitro Core from Optimum, which is like an all around, anytime protein. that may be your best bet, but I've never tried it, so I can't really recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-St...d/dp/B000QSNYGIIs this the one you're talking about? It's the same price as the GNC protein but it have 4 more grams of protein than GNC.
http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-St...d/dp/B000QSNYGIIs this the one you're talking about? It's the same price as the GNC protein but it have 4 more grams of protein than GNC.
yep, that's it, and I forgot to give you the websites.the best information is at bodybuilding.com, http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/index.html but the prices are typically cheaper at fitnessone.com http://www.fitnessone.com/index.php so just check both. make sure to fill your cart in both places and check the shipping too though, cause I seem to remember fitnessone's shipping costing a little bit more. might negate the savings.
this shit has been kicking my balls. it is not easy, yet it's quite simple. guess that's why I hated wrestling practice in school.i've been trying to decide how I want this to progress, and I have three options:1) try to increase the reps of each exercise in the same amount of time, keeping the individual times the same2) giving myself as much time for each as I need and increasing the reps to failure for each exercise3) keeping reps and individual times the same, but trying to do a whole circuit with less rest between exercises each time.I think 1 will burn decent fat and add decent muscle, 2 will be best for adding muscle, and 3 would burn the most fat. I guess. thoughts?
I know no one listens to me but, you gain muscle during the rest period. You will see alot more gain with intense shorter workouts done to failure. Your weight routine should be something like, Mon-upper body Wed-Lower body Fri- Upper body and switch tthe following week. Do cardio in between.Muscle comes from tearing the micro-tendons in your muscle and then letting it rest. Overdoing weight training will negate this.This is basically the same for cardio. Running for 1 or 2 hours will just wear you down and prohibit gains. 20 to 30 minutes of intense intervals 3 times a week is more than enough for anyone.Someone just mentioned stretching and warming up before workouts. You really don't have to do this. Just start out cardio slow and weights at a low weight to warm up and increase as you exercise.

Coming from somebody who knows jackshit about supplements and hasn't bought any for a few years, this website always had good prices. Also, they ship stuff hella-fast. I would get orders the next day. But I live like an hour away from where they're located so that's likely a luxury only I am cool enough to have.

Coming from somebody who knows jackshit about supplements and hasn't bought any for a few years, this website always had good prices. Also, they ship stuff hella-fast. I would get orders the next day. But I live like an hour away from where they're located so that's likely a luxury only I am cool enough to have.
this reminds me, the last time I ordered from bodybuilding.com, I placed the order at like 8 or 9 oclock at night. it was for like 150 bucks worth of stuff too, probably 7 different things. I came home the next day, and the order was on my porch. I have absolutely no idea how they did this. the label said "ground" on it too. I mean, I ship stuff for a living. in order for it to have gotten to me next day by shipping ground, the warehouse would have had to have been on the east coast and no further south than SC or north than PA, all in the eastern time zone, which would have been well past the shipping cut off for UPS. basically, this is a long winded way of me saying that bodybuilding.com ships via witchcraft, and they are super, super quick.
this shit has been kicking my balls. it is not easy, yet it's quite simple. guess that's why I hated wrestling practice in school.i've been trying to decide how I want this to progress, and I have three options:1) try to increase the reps of each exercise in the same amount of time, keeping the individual times the same2) giving myself as much time for each as I need and increasing the reps to failure for each exercise3) keeping reps and individual times the same, but trying to do a whole circuit with less rest between exercises each time.I think 1 will burn decent fat and add decent muscle, 2 will be best for adding muscle, and 3 would burn the most fat. I guess. thoughts?
I do my best to try to keep rest between sets to 30- 40 seconds. I don't know which of the three is best for building muscle, but I always am the most tired when I focus on rest time. I don't think one would be very helpful. I've always heard that you're supposed to do a two count lift then a 4 count back down.
I know no one listens to me but, you gain muscle during the rest period. You will see alot more gain with intense shorter workouts done to failure. Your weight routine should be something like, Mon-upper body Wed-Lower body Fri- Upper body and switch tthe following week. Do cardio in between.Muscle comes from tearing the micro-tendons in your muscle and then letting it rest. Overdoing weight training will negate this.This is basically the same for cardio. Running for 1 or 2 hours will just wear you down and prohibit gains. 20 to 30 minutes of intense intervals 3 times a week is more than enough for anyone.Someone just mentioned stretching and warming up before workouts. You really don't have to do this. Just start out cardio slow and weights at a low weight to warm up and increase as you exercise.
Maybe you girls should do some more compound exercises and less isolation on certain days :club:

I think one of the biggest factors that people miss is getting stuck in doing the same routine week in and week out. I would suggest that you always keep your muscles off balance, don't get stuck into a routine of always doing the same excercises and the same weights. Do different machines and cross train to hit your target muscles, and a good warm up will help to avoid injury and increased vascularization to the muscles will increase performance pretty drastically.

Hey Sal, I've asked you this before but I forgot the website. What protein powder did you recommend to use and off of what site? I've been using GNC 100% Whey Protein Powder in chocolate flavor. I like the taste but it seems a little pricey. What are your guy's opinions on creatine? I've done some research online and it seems like it's safe. Is it actually beneficial? I'm 5'11" 160 pounds and lift at least every other day. I've basically hit a wall. I've been stuck on repping 190 on bench for the past three weeks. Any suggestions on how to get over the hump?
Was talking to my housemate and he raved about No Xplode, said he moved from benching 95-105kg in a month using it. Another mate also said he got great results using it
I think one of the biggest factors that people miss is getting stuck in doing the same routine week in and week out. I would suggest that you always keep your muscles off balance, don't get stuck into a routine of always doing the same excercises and the same weights. Do different machines and cross train to hit your target muscles, and a good warm up will help to avoid injury and increased vascularization to the muscles will increase performance pretty drastically.
this is very, very true, and probably one of my biggest problems with lifting. I always get stuck in one routine, over and over again, mainly because I only work out at home so I have limited resources to change it up. that's the reason I decided to do this new cross training type thing. had to switch it up somehow.
Was talking to my housemate and he raved about No Xplode, said he moved from benching 95-105kg in a month using it. Another mate also said he got great results using it
yeah it's basically creatine with speed. I used it for quite a while and it really does give you a better work out. be careful though, I could only take like half of the smallest serving or I'd get sick, and I drink coffee every morning. shit's powerful. also, make sure you wait at least 20 to 30 minutes before working out after you drink it. it takes a while for it to kick in and settle down. some of the best workouts I've ever had have been on days I've had off and been able to drink the stuff, wait an hour, then work out. MASSIVE PUMPS BRO.

I was tired and fat from Super Bowl Sunday and just an overall lazy/overindulgent weekend so I was pretty sure at about 4:30pm I wasn't going to be making it to the gym. I did, though, so I pretty much rule. Also, there was a girl on a bike in front of me that would stand up and crank pretty hard every few minutes, so it must have been fate.

Took a month off over the holidays because I got sick and I wanted to party. Pretty much put all the weight that i had taken off over the last three months right back on. So i started back up in the middle of January. Of course I hurt my shoulder a little bit overexerting on pushups that I was doing regularly. So now I have been resting on weight lifting and sticking to cardio. Usually about 20 minutes on the bike, then I do some ab work for 10 - 15 minutes, then I do the stairmaster for another ten minutes and call it a day. My shoulder is almost back to normal and then I can start to add the weight training again.Started the year at 220. Since I started back up I am down to 216. Goal is to hit 200 by summer.

That's a pretty realistic goal so you should have no problem. Keep at it.
I don't know, somehow I always plateau around 210. I haven't been under 210 in about 5 years. granted, all that time all I ever did was to try and diet and I was drinking and partying most of that time. So maybe this time will be different. I have changed my drinking habits and only drink on Fridays and Saturdays and special occasions. I have started to actually watch what I eat so that is a good thing. Yeah, maybe I will be able to finally get it back to 200.

I had a good upper body work out today. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should add or remove from what I've been doing lately?Dumbbell bench press 4x10Dumbbell incline press 3x8Fly machine 4x10skull crushers 4x10The machine with the two cables, I cross my arms then pull them away from my body 4x10Curved barbell standing lift up to my breast line. 4x10Barbell military press 3x8dumbell curls 4x10Dumbell curls, drop weight 3x10pullups 3x10I should probably add a forearm exercise.

I don't know, somehow I always plateau around 210. I haven't been under 210 in about 5 years. granted, all that time all I ever did was to try and diet and I was drinking and partying most of that time. So maybe this time will be different. I have changed my drinking habits and only drink on Fridays and Saturdays and special occasions. I have started to actually watch what I eat so that is a good thing. Yeah, maybe I will be able to finally get it back to 200.
If you can cut that down even a bit, it will help a lot. I'm not very strict at all when it comes to dieting and drinking, but even just limiting the crappy food and booze to a few times a week makes a big difference. 16 more pounds by summer is very doable, you just have to cut back a little. Good luck. My legs are pretty sore today. This month is definitely going to be harder on me, but I think by the end of it I'll be pretty pleased with the progress I make. Going again tonight, and tomorrow will be a rest day. Also, I'm going back through that push up program. If nothing else, it keeps me doing push ups three days a week and I can crank out 100 each session with little trouble now.