Official I Joined A Gym Thread

DUDE. you know the thing about running outside in the winter? IT'S COLD. jesus christ it's cold. I couldn't feel my face after a minute.I went to the high school track and ran a mile. didn't want to overdo it so I stopped there, but it felt damn good. the hardest part, and the thing I'm trying to do this year, was to really pace myself and not try to get too fast. I think that may have been what caused a lot of my injuries last year.
I saw a dude running outside in shorts last night on my way to the gym. From inside my toasty warm car I mocked him for running in the cold weather and then realized that I'm just a big pansy. I'm starting off with pretty short distances/times for a few weeks. Only did 1.5 miles last night. Tonight will just be 15 minutes. I'm definitely a proponent of easing into it when it comes to running.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Goals: good sleeping habits - work out alot (5day/week) - good eating habits
Good luck. Those are pretty ambitious goals, for me at least. The diet is so key, but always the hardest one to adhere to.
new year and no bump? slack jawed faggots etc.with the realization that I've been basically doing the exact same exercises for 4 years, I recently decided to add a whole new routing to a couple of days of my workouts. I wanted to get something did a full body muscle workout, but also had a heavy cardio influence. what I basically came up with was a sort of timed weightless circuit workout. more or less gym class. instead of doing reps, I did time amounts. started off by coming up with 6 exercises: push ups, weightless squats, tricep dips using a bench thing, sit ups, squat thrusts, and punching bag. did one set of each to failure and used that as the standard to go by. my goal is to try to beat my rep counts each time while doing the same amount of time. eventually I'll probably up the times and eventually sets.I'd also like to add some new exercises every now and again but I can't really think of any. anybody have any ideas? no weights and limited equipment.
A few excellent non-weight workouts:1) 5 Pull-ups, 10 Push-ups, 15 Squats, As many rounds as possible in 20 min 2) 20 Pull-ups, 30 Push-ups, 40 Sit-ups, 50 Squats, 5 rounds for time 3) 5 Handstand push-ups, 10 1-legged squats, 15 Pull-ups, As many rounds as possible in 20 min 4) Run 400 meters, Max rep Pull-ups, As many rounds as possible in 20 minutes.5) Run 800 meters, 50 Back Extensions, 50 Sit-ups, 3 rounds for time 6) 1 mile Run, 100 Pull-ups, 200 Push-ups, 300 Squats, 1 mile Run, For time. Partition the pull-ups, push-ups, and squats as needed. Start and finish with a mile run.
Jesus, how many threads to I get bashed in that I don't notice?I rocked the shit 5 days last week, day one in the books today. I have to break out of my comfort zone with cardio and do the elliptical more, instead of the regular bike for 30 minutes. I am doing lighter weights with a fair amount of reps, but I'm working faster, less recovery time between sets. Try to get winded and keep the burn. We'll see.
Try adding in the rower as well. KILLER!!
I tried running outside this summer. Didn't go well. I was running for a couple months at the gym on the treadmill to build up some stamina and then there was a nice day and I took off. Next morning I couldn't get out of bed my legs hurt so much. I think running on the pavement as opposed to the treadmill was the big difference. Tried it again a month later and same result. So if I want to run I have to do the treadmill.
I used to have this problem and if you dont have known joint probs, I would assume you can correct this either through running form or better shoes.
I WAS ASKING HIM COCK KNOCKER
HSPU: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFi...UVariations.wmvThe part that takes getting used to is the kick up to the wall but trust me once you have it down its fairly simple, then you can work on beating your max. One thing I would add to the variations is that I do it in a gym so I use a barbell to rest my legs on which is a great assistance to self-spotting.Bact ext: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/bkext.wmvBut you can just use a ball like in Guaps pic.FYI, crossfit is my go to site for all exercising and where I got all the workouts I recommended to you. I suggest looking at all the videos, reading all the workouts and seeing if its for you. I used to do bodybuilding type stuff, years ago, now I would never consider a workout that focuses on one specific muscle. Crossfit = fitness (which translates into asskicking ability, if thats what youre going for, and makes you look better, faster, if thats what youre going for.)
HSPU: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/CrossFi...UVariations.wmvThe part that takes getting used to is the kick up to the wall but trust me once you have it down its fairly simple, then you can work on beating your max. One thing I would add to the variations is that I do it in a gym so I use a barbell to rest my legs on which is a great assistance to self-spotting.Bact ext: http://media.crossfit.com/cf-video/bkext.wmvBut you can just use a ball like in Guaps pic.FYI, crossfit is my go to site for all exercising and where I got all the workouts I recommended to you. I suggest looking at all the videos reading all the workouts and seeing if its for you. I used to do bodybuilding type stuff, years ago, now I would never consider a workout that focuses on one specific muscle. Crossfit = fitness (which translates into asskicking ability if thats what youre going for, and makes you look better faster, if thats what youre going for.)
I actually read an article last night that talked about cross fit. I think I might try those headstand pushups. they look terrible.

I'm going to evacuate my bowels then hit the gym. This is taking immense amounts of will power I'll have you know. I mean, it's after 8pm, I'm over 35 and...well, American Idol is on.Sucks to be tubby

I'm going to evacuate my bowels then hit the gym. This is taking immense amounts of will power I'll have you know. I mean, it's after 8pm, I'm over 35 and...well, American Idol is on.Sucks to be tubby
PUSH IT TO THE EDGE! FEEL THE BURN! PUMP IT UP TO THE MAX!or alternatively:fit_girl_working_out.jpeg
That shit won't fly in here, son. Also, I'm pretty sure I can't do a handstand push-up, but I'm curious to see how badly I injure myself attempting one. Also, I would just like to say that Sofsole makes the best socks ever for running.

Hey, I went. 30 minutes of hard cardio on the bike. Heart rate steady at 160about 12-14 sets for my legs. Quads, hammys and calves. Decent considering I can't do a ton of stuff because of the major knee surgery I had in April. It's a work in progress.

Ok Suited up I am up to 2 miles on thread mill in 18 minutes. My leg presses are 10kg x25 I do upper arms and shoulders with 6kg. Then stomach presses. + Bench presses. I also do water exercises 3 times a week. You need to start something, for your own health. I tell you I never felt better. I am down 80 lbs since May and Hope to drop another 40-50 before the WSOP.

Ok Suited up I am up to 2 miles on thread mill in 18 minutes. My leg presses are 10kg x25 I do upper arms and shoulders with 6kg. Then stomach presses. + Bench presses. I also do water exercises 3 times a week. You need to start something, for your own health. I tell you I never felt better. I am down 80 lbs since May and Hope to drop another 40-50 before the WSOP.
I dunno what KG equals... but this past week and a half basically we've been eating healthy... It's been nice, actually losing a lil weight and feeling better... but I've been sick so I can't workout yet, and Brig is also... but once we get better we're probably gonna start running stairs. Our gym membership expired, and we could get another, but we figure cardio is the main thing, so we'll probably do the stair thing at least for now, and then maybe some pushups/situps at home.. I think it'll be good.
I dunno what KG equals... but this past week and a half basically we've been eating healthy... It's been nice, actually losing a lil weight and feeling better... but I've been sick so I can't workout yet, and Brig is also... but once we get better we're probably gonna start running stairs. Our gym membership expired, and we could get another, but we figure cardio is the main thing, so we'll probably do the stair thing at least for now, and then maybe some pushups/situps at home.. I think it'll be good.
1 kg = 2.2 pounds10 kg = 22 lbs6 kg = 13 lbsdumb fucking americans.
That shit won't fly in here, son. Also, I'm pretty sure I can't do a handstand push-up, but I'm curious to see how badly I injure myself attempting one. Also, I would just like to say that Sofsole makes the best socks ever for running.
Theyre difficult at first, mainly I think because of the stability, but once you continue to make attempts, they increase fairly quickly.
Bike last night...5 min warm up, hard for 30 mins, 2 min cool down. Stretching before and after.I'll probably finish out this week with bike only and see how the wrist (tweeked it playing hockey) feels for weights next week.
Bike last night...5 min warm up, hard for 45 mins, 2 min cool down. Stretching before and after.
Hey, I went.
Nice.
but once we get better we're probably gonna start running stairs
For some reason, I decided that once I'm in "good" running shape again I want to try a tour de stade at the football stadium here (run up and down all the steps). Mostly I just want to see how ridiculously hard it is and see how long I make it before I quit. Chances are I won't end up doing this.
Theyre difficult at first, mainly I think because of the stability, but once you continue to make attempts, they increase fairly quickly.
I'll give it a shot at some point.
For some reason, I decided that once I'm in "good" running shape again I want to try a tour de stade at the football stadium here (run up and down all the steps). Mostly I just want to see how ridiculously hard it is and see how long I make it before I quit. Chances are I won't end up doing this.
I did that once. nevermind that the "stadium"'s bleachers only had 4 sets of steps with about 20 steps in each. IT WAS STILL HARD DAMN IT.
fit_girl_working_out.jpeg
i had to increase the difficulty of the elliptical yesterday because I was getting a chubby from all the girls on those side sway step machines in my face.
just tried to go out for a run. walked outside, within 3 seconds I couldn't feel my face. fuck that, I'll be fat for 4 more days.
Yeah, no way would I be running outside in most of the country right now. Today is going to be nice since I get to leave work early this afternoon to hit the gym. Basically, my nephew is in town for an indoor track meet and in order to catch his races AND make it to the gym, I've decided I get to leave at about 3:30pm. I'll never complain about going to the gym when it means I leave early on a Friday.