Official I Joined A Gym Thread

Well, I've gone 4 days this week, M-Thu but I'm off from work today and have NO urge to go. I want to, have to, need to, but am working up the muster to do it.I'll have a poop and reassess.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I've gone 4 days this week, M-Thu but I'm off from work today and have NO urge to go. I want to, have to, need to, but am working up the muster to do it.I'll have a poop and reassess.
Tuna would laugh in your face and then cut you from the team if he heard this.
My goal is to do Mon-Fri and then get the week-end off.I don't feel like going today either, but if do then I know I won't feel guilty this week-end.

sighI went30 minutes of cardio11 sets of chestcable crossover machine was broke so I leftNext week or so, I think I'll try and step my cardio up a bit, maybe 40 mintuesThey are selling off one of the bikes I used to ride (they got all new ones) for $300 or best offer. I really want to buy one, but...I have already paid for my year in advance, and although it was cheap, I feel if I had the bike at home, I'd go less.Buuuuut, if I had the bike at home, alone with my bench that goes from flat, to decline to incline and dumbells that go up to 45lbs, I'd be set for life after a gym membership.I'm torn

this is man with ideas, and a 47% chance to die from hypothermia in his sleep.
badabing badaboom.but whatever you do, buy a little tv or something to go in front of it. or put it somewhere close to a tv. god damn stationary bikes are the most boring things on earth. besides virgins that is.
badabing badaboom.but whatever you do, buy a little tv or something to go in front of it. or put it somewhere close to a tv. god damn stationary bikes are the most boring things on earth. besides virgins that is.
I love the stationary bike. I usually try and do 15 min on the bike and 15 on the treadmill. I read somewhere that you need to change it up all the time.Elliptical's kill my right knee.I have stayed with the diet but haven't worked out at all this week which pisses me off. Usually I sit around at home 5 nights a week and this week I have plans every night except Sunday. Boo.
I love the stationary bike. I usually try and do 15 min on the bike and 15 on the treadmill. I read somewhere that you need to change it up all the time.Elliptical's kill my right knee.I have stayed with the diet but haven't worked out at all this week which pisses me off. Usually I sit around at home 5 nights a week and this week I have plans every night except Sunday. Boo.
Elliptical kills your knee but running doesn't?That just doesn't make any sense. Even a bike hurts my knees more than the elliptical.
I have this little thing called an IPOD. In addition, I read a magazine or printed out article. I pedal like a madman, but the stationary bike allows me to read. The elliptical, recumbant bike or the treadmill don't
stop playing rock band or the other games you play and GET TO WORK.
Elliptical kills your knee but running doesn't?That just doesn't make any sense. Even a bike hurts my knees more than the elliptical.
I do agree with this cat
Good work. There are not hot girls that ride the bike in front of me at my house, so I prefer the gym.
You do have a point, although there was not really any hot P at the gym today. One girl
I have this little thing called an IPOD. In addition, I read a magazine or printed out article. I pedal like a madman, but the stationary bike allows me to read. The elliptical, recumbant bike or the treadmill don't
yeah I've got the ipod too, and if I'm in the right mood, it's all I need. but a lot of times even with music I get incredibly bored just staring at the wall. I need something else going on around me I guess.and how the hell can you read while exercising? I believe you may not be working hard enough.
yeah I've got the ipod too, and if I'm in the right mood, it's all I need. but a lot of times even with music I get incredibly bored just staring at the wall. I need something else going on around me I guess.and how the hell can you read while exercising? I believe you may not be working hard enough.
Oh, I'm very wary of that very thing. WHAT? But yeah, I have it on level 10 out of 20, and I keep the RPMs over 100, and my heart rate is always in the high 150's to low 160s.It's a stationary bike, hence, only the lower half is moving. They even have racks for magazines. I do have to cover the timer with a towel and not look at a clock at all during otherwise I'll obsess over it. And I do agree that an IPOD alone isn't enough during cardio. I die on the elliptical because nothing occupies my mine except the burn.

Went tonight, bought the bike, brought my friend who's a good negotiator. I'm a sissy when it comes to stuff like that. I always buy on the first offer.So, bike is listed for $300. My buddy walks up, says, "So, we might buy that bike, let's do it for $200?"Guy walks over to the bike, sees the sticker for $300, thinks for a sec, says "Ok"Get it home, apparently, it's missing the main belt. We took it back. I'm mad that I didnt try it first though. That's what I get for assuming it would work. I only live a mile from they gym, so that's ok.He tried to get me to let him keep the money and tell me that the guy they use to fix stuff was coming Monday and he'd fix it and I could come back and get it. Twice I had to say that, "When he fixes it, call me back and I'll come buy it agaiin."

new year and no bump? slack jawed faggots etc.with the realization that I've been basically doing the exact same exercises for 4 years, I recently decided to add a whole new routing to a couple of days of my workouts. I wanted to get something did a full body muscle workout, but also had a heavy cardio influence. what I basically came up with was a sort of timed weightless circuit workout. more or less gym class. instead of doing reps, I did time amounts. started off by coming up with 6 exercises: push ups, weightless squats, tricep dips using a bench thing, sit ups, squat thrusts, and punching bag. did one set of each to failure and used that as the standard to go by. my goal is to try to beat my rep counts each time while doing the same amount of time. eventually I'll probably up the times and eventually sets.I'd also like to add some new exercises every now and again but I can't really think of any. anybody have any ideas? no weights and limited equipment.
this shit has been kicking my balls. it is not easy, yet it's quite simple. guess that's why I hated wrestling practice in school.i've been trying to decide how I want this to progress, and I have three options:1) try to increase the reps of each exercise in the same amount of time, keeping the individual times the same2) giving myself as much time for each as I need and increasing the reps to failure for each exercise3) keeping reps and individual times the same, but trying to do a whole circuit with less rest between exercises each time.I think 1 will burn decent fat and add decent muscle, 2 will be best for adding muscle, and 3 would burn the most fat. I guess. thoughts?
I think 1 will burn decent fat and add decent muscle, 2 will be best for adding muscle, and 3 would burn the most fat. I guess. thoughts?
I guess it depends on what your overall goal is. If it were me and your assumptions about the results each workout will produce are accurate, I'd go with #1. Running is progressing nicely. I'd say my "warm-up" period is over and I'm ready to start going a little harder, which I probably didn't really do until about March last year. I'm hoping to run at least four times a week and at least two miles each time for the next few weeks. After that, I'll try to bump it up to five times and week and probably at least 20 minutes each time or something.
Does the gym you go to have a nursery in it? If so, what gym do you go to?
It doesn't have a nursery as far as I know, but apparently one of the treadmills is located directly below Satan's asshole. I went today and it felt like I was running in a furnace.
Top 25 fittest and fattest cities in the U.S.As for the rest of the country, here are the top 25 fittest and fattest cities according to Men's Fitness:Top Fittest Cities1. Salt Lake City, UT2. Colorado Springs, CO3. Minneapolis, MN4. Denver, CO5. Albuquerque, NM6. Portland, OR7. Honolulu, HI8. Seattle, WA9. Omaha, NE10. Virginia Beach, VA11. Milwaukee, WI12. San Francisco, CA13. Tucson, AZ14. Boston, MA15. Cleveland, OH16. St. Louis, MO17. Austin, TX18. Washington, DC19. Sacramento, CA20. Oakland, CA21. Atlanta, GA22. Fresno, CA23. Tampa, FL24. Nashville-Davidson, TN25. Pittsburgh, PATop Fattest Cities1. Miami, FL2. Oklahoma City, OK3. San Antonio, TX4. Las Vegas, NV5. New York, NY6. Houston, TX7. El Paso, TX8. Jacksonville, FL9. Charlotte, NC10. Louisville-Jefferson, KY11. Memphis, TN12. Detroit, MI13. Chicago, IL14. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX15. San Jose, CA16. Tulsa, OK17. Baltimore, MD18. Columbus, OH19. Raleigh, NC20. Philadelphia, PA21. L.A.-Long Beach, CA22. Phoenix-Mesa, AZ23. Indianapolis, IN24. San Diego, CA25. Kansas City, MO
Ron Mexico is personally changing this. You go RON!

Managed to find a cheapish gym in central london, its pretty shitty, but its 5mins from work, so i've been doing there during my lunch hour for the past few weeks, 3-4 times a week. Feels damn good to be getting back into a routine again. My chest is weak as piss compared to how it used to be, but i'm over the initial everything-aches-period now and pushing myself harder.Sal - tried doing pressup variations? Regular/legs wide with central hands/on knuckles with arms by your waist - and vary height too, it alters the muscle group affected massivelyWith body weight stuff, like you're doing I just used to goto fail and try and increase the number as you get better - seems to get better definition

It's amazing what one day off will do for your energy the next time you run. I was only going to do two miles tonight, but I felt really good so went for three. I'll probably be a big nancy tomorrow, but oh well.

Here's an awkward question.Does the gym you go to have a nursery in it? If so, what gym do you go to?
it offers a daycare during certain hours, but I don't know if they do infants.
Ron Mexico is personally changing this. You go RON!
WHAT THE FUCK MAN?I live an hour north of MiamiOh, I rocked the shit tonight. 45 minutes of Cardio, 9 sets of tri's, 9 sets of bi's, high reps

things that infuriate me while at the gympeople that stay too long at the water fountain filling up their half gallon water bottle when all I want is a swig of water.People that do the incline leg press machine and leave at least three plates on it. Actually, leaving any weight on it annoys me.People that put their dumbells down in the wrong location. Like, don't put the 55lb dumbbells in the 35lb dumbbell spot. God I hate that. Don't be so fcking lazy. I do realize that part of this is my little OCD. There have been times when I wanted to rearrange the whole rack of dumbbells and put them in order. Thankfully, I fight that one off. If I have 55lbers and that spot is occupied by 35lbers and the 35 spot is open, maybe I'll do the work. If not, I'll set them down right in front of the proper spot.My biggest one of all, which has almost tempted me to say something, which would most likely lead to a fight. My gym in on the second floor. First floor is aerobics room, check in area and smoothie cafe. So, I always walk up the stairs one flight to GO WORKOUT, even after 6 knee surgeries total on both knees. Then, as I go get a drink, I see able bodied muscle heads, dingbats, morons and lazy douches taking the elevator one flight of stairs, JUST TO WORKOUT. Isn't taking the stairs considered stage 1 of your workout? These are probably the same assclowns that circle the parking lot and double park in the grass because they are too lazy to walk a little extra TO THE GYM. wtf? Ok, I'm done.

WHAT THE FUCK MAN?I live an hour north of Miami
Hahahaha. Took you long enough.
things that infuriate me while at the gympeople that stay too long at the water fountain filling up their half gallon water bottle when all I want is a swig of water.People that do the incline leg press machine and leave at least three plates on it. Actually, leaving any weight on it annoys me.People that put their dumbells down in the wrong location. Like, don't put the 55lb dumbbells in the 35lb dumbbell spot. God I hate that. Don't be so fcking lazy. I do realize that part of this is my little OCD. There have been times when I wanted to rearrange the whole rack of dumbbells and put them in order. Thankfully, I fight that one off. If I have 55lbers and that spot is occupied by 35lbers and the 35 spot is open, maybe I'll do the work. If not, I'll set them down right in front of the proper spot.
These also frustrate me. Now with all the earbuds, the jackass filling his water jug doesn't even know you are there.I will leave one plate on the leg press, because rarely does anyone do less than that.I will add the guy who has the 20, 25, 30, 35 dumbbells lined up around him because he is doing some fancy super set thing and now I can't do any arm stuff because of this ass clown.

Good job on rocking the shit, Mex. I get annoyed by pretty much everything you mentioned, too. I work on the second floor of my building and refuse to ever use the elevator. It's not a huge deal, but the fact that I go up and down probably 6 flights of stairs each day has to be better than using the elevator. The biggest thing that will always annoy me at gyms is the people who you can track for like 45 minutes and they spend 30 of it either talking to other people or getting a drink. THE GYM IS NOT A NIGHTCLUB WHERE YOU GO TO TRY TO GET LAID. THE GYM IS WHERE YOU GO SO YOU CAN GO TO ACTUAL NIGHTCLUBS AND TRY TO GET LAID.