Official I Joined A Gym Thread

well, 2 miles in 18 min 20 sec. not terrible I don't think considering how poorly I run. think I'll shoot for 17:30 by the end of march. sounds like a good goal.
2 miles, 17:14. pretay, pretay happy with that. and I was actually winded afterward. that was neato.
Awesome. Revise the goal for the end of March? An improvement of over a minute in one week is pretty damn good. I got 3 miles in 22 minutes last night. The first part of the run was going really, really easy so I think I got overconfident and was pretty well spent by the end. Hoping to get two more runs in this week.
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awesome. Revise the goal for the end of March? An improvement of over a minute in one week is pretty damn good. I got 3 miles in 22 minutes last night. The first part of the run was going really, really easy so I think I got overconfident and was pretty well spent by the end. Hoping to get two more runs in this week.
yeah I definitely thought it would take longer than that, especially since that was the first run I did since the last one at 18:20 (can't run in snow. hell, there was still snow on the track yesterday). I think I'm just gonna start trying to beat my last time each time, see how good I can get, then probably add another half mile or so. I'm using my ipod to time the runs, and it saves each one, so I'll have a good record.
I think I'm just gonna start trying to beat my last time each time...
That's all I really try to do. Which sort of sucks, because there's a point at which I'll never improve my time. Either that or I'll just keep getting better and set all sorts of world records and end up being photographed while hitting a bong at a party.
That's all I really try to do. Which sort of sucks, because there's a point at which I'll never improve my time. Either that or I'll just keep getting better and set all sorts of world records and end up being photographed while hitting a bong at a party.
yeah that's one of the biggest problems. that's what happened with that cardio/gym class training thing I was doing, I finally maxed out I think, last week in february, so now I have to come up with something new. damn near doubled everything though, so it was definitely a nice improvement. like 73 pushups in 50 seconds or something stupid like that. I'm gonna come up with a new routine today to start next week.I'd start adding, or even taking away distance on different days. one day try to beat your two mile time, the next try to beat your one mile, then the next try to go four or five miles. something like that. my biggest thing is I have to mix it up every now and again or I just get too bored with it.
I'd start adding, or even taking away distance on different days. one day try to beat your two mile time, the next try to beat your one mile, then the next try to go four or five miles. something like that. my biggest thing is I have to mix it up every now and again or I just get too bored with it.
Definitely. I have a fairly good idea of where I'd like to get by the end of May and I'm sticking to it pretty well, but I'm definitely going to have to change it up this summer. I'm thinking of doing some intervals maybe, and some step stuff at the football stadium. I'm sure I'm going to hate it.
2 miles, 17:14. pretay, pretay happy with that. and I was actually winded afterward. that was neato.
God job, FAGGOTPUMP
I got 3 miles in 22 minutes last night. The first part of the run was going really, really easy so I think I got overconfident and was pretty well spent by the end. Hoping to get two more runs in this week.
That's solid. Nothing wrong with being spent after. After all, that is the point, amirite?
Well, there is that. I think you'll handle the fame well, and by well, I mean bang everything that moves. Guys, girls, boys, girls. There will be no limitations.I killed myself tonight. 60 minutes of cardio, 30 on the elliptical, finished, dashed right over to the bike, did 30 on it. 200 crunches 4x50. 9 sets of triceps, 9 sets of biceps. I usually don't spend an hour 45 in the gym, but I did tonight. Me tired.

GUESS I'M THE ONLY MAN THAT WORKS OUT AROUND HEREor the only one that posts about it.30 minutes of cardio today, 10 sets of legs.hit the 40lb lost mark today, since January 5th.I also stopped drinking diet coke last Saturday. Sucks. I am a diet soda fiend. I had caffeine headaches early in the week but they faded. I'm still sad. I don't drink coffee. I'll do it for another week and see if I see it in my weight loss. I miss my diet soda dammit.I will be drinking beers tonight for the second time this year. Weeeeee

I had one of my best workouts in a long time today. I lifted upper body and increased all of my weights by 5lbs. I was able to complete 4 full sets of 10. My routine usually takes me a little over an hour to finish, but today I finished it in 50 minutes by shortening rests between sets. In honor of TommyGavin my CHEST felt huge when I was finished.Ron, why are you giving up diet soda? I've always thought that for me diet soda prevents me from munching while water doesn't. I know they say that it can trigger a persons sweet tooth but it's never had that affect on me.

Ron, why are you giving up diet soda? I've always thought that for me diet soda prevents me from munching while water doesn't. I know they say that it can trigger a persons sweet tooth but it's never had that affect on me.
I was watching The Biggest Loser, which I hate btw, but they talked about how the caffeine can increase your appetite, how the sweetener can increase your chance to get cancer in the long run and how it's a tad high in sodium. So, I gave it up for a bit. I'll go back unless miracles happen because I have very few vices. I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't get high, I workout and have been eating pretty healthy. I need my diet coke, but I do know that I drink way too much of it. I don't do anything in moderation. So, I cut it completely out probably until the end of March. I'll see how I feel. Right now, I'm drinking a lot of water and some Crystal Light, which has the sweetener. So, baby steps.
I think it triggers his chicken nugget tooth (ha ha!)also, i don't work out on the weekends. no freaking way.
You MOTHERFU....I only did Monday, Wednesday and Friday this week, so I had to go. I might go tomorrow unless I'm really hungover. Much like Love4, I want to rock the chest tomorrow. CHEST

Ya, I gave up soda, I think I haven't had a single soda in about 4 months? Weirdly, it doesn't really bother me I just drink a lot of water and milk now. Also, nothing is more fun than working the ole chest.

GUESS I'M THE ONLY MAN THAT WORKS OUT AROUND HEREor the only one that posts about it.30 minutes of cardio today, 10 sets of legs.hit the 40lb lost mark today, since January 5th.I also stopped drinking diet coke last Saturday. Sucks. I am a diet soda fiend. I had caffeine headaches early in the week but they faded. I'm still sad. I don't drink coffee. I'll do it for another week and see if I see it in my weight loss. I miss my diet soda dammit.I will be drinking beers tonight for the second time this year. Weeeeee
mcdonaldse.jpg

Congrats on that weight loss though that's great. I made a bet when I was drunk with some co-workers about an 8k that's 3 weeks away. These other people aren't in great shape, but better shape than I am. Right now I can run 2-2.5 miles without walking but I gotta get that up to like 5 (or whatever 8k is) obviously. Any suggestions? Just run? Try and run more and more distance each week? I'm not really a runner so advice is appreciated.

Ya, I gave up soda, I think I haven't had a single soda in about 4 months? Weirdly, it doesn't really bother me I just drink a lot of water and milk now. Also, nothing is more fun than working the ole chest.
Yeah, but you probably drank regular soda right? I only drank diet soda. I've heard of people giving up regular soda and sugar based drinks and losing a lot of weight while doing nothing else. What milk to you drink? I don't drink milk, but the one time a month I have cereal, I'll use 1% or Fat free. I haven't had whole milk in well over 20 years.
mcdonaldse.jpg
ANOTHER GUY JUST MADE THE LIST
Congrats on that weight loss though that's great. I made a bet when I was drunk with some co-workers about an 8k that's 3 weeks away. These other people aren't in great shape, but better shape than I am. Right now I can run 2-2.5 miles without walking but I gotta get that up to like 5 (or whatever 8k is) obviously. Any suggestions? Just run? Try and run more and more distance each week? I'm not really a runner so advice is appreciated.
I'm not the runner on here but if the race is three weeks away and you can only do two miles now, you're effed. I'd say make incremental goals and go for it. You won't be the only one stopping occasionally. Ok, maybe you will be, it's only an 8k.
that is just an awesome graph. super, super stuff.
You were already on THE LISTNo Cinemax After Dark for you tonight. The Dutch Rudder party is OFF
Whatever Ron, that's probably my greatest contribution to FCP to date so I'll take it.
NossirStuffStuffpuppetPoundtownThose are your best contributions to date. The graph is solid, but at my expense, rendering it useless to me.
I was watching The Biggest Loser, which I hate btw, but they talked about how the caffeine can increase your appetite, how the sweetener can increase your chance to get cancer in the long run and how it's a tad high in sodium. So, I gave it up for a bit. I'll go back unless miracles happen because I have very few vices. I don't smoke, rarely drink, don't get high, I workout and have been eating pretty healthy. I need my diet coke, but I do know that I drink way too much of it. I don't do anything in moderation. So, I cut it completely out probably until the end of March. I'll see how I feel. Right now, I'm drinking a lot of water and some Crystal Light, which has the sweetener. So, baby steps.
Caffeine is a stimulant, which increases circulation and your body's metabolism, which can increase appetite. It just depends on how heathful your snacking is during those times.Diet cokes arn't all bad. When I was cutting weight, I would just limit myself to 2 a day, and of only one certain kind. (Dt. Mt. Dew). If we went out to eat and they didn't have it, I would order water.Weather was low 70's today and felt pretty hot. I put on my sauna suit under some sweats and trieeed running my usual 2.5 mile route. I havn' run in months and it was more of a shuffling my feet waddle. Winter weather cut into my running and working overtime every week really cuts my motivation to come home after 12 hr. day and go to gym. Now that it's warming up again, I'm getting that twitch. I ran about 4/5 of my route and walked, barely breathing. I only gained about 11 lbs since thanksgiving so I feel pretty good about that. Should be easy to transition back into workouts. My suit pants tore down the leg which is probably a good thing, I shouldn't be pushing my body hard at all in the first couple weeks.
Yeah, but you probably drank regular soda right? I only drank diet soda. I've heard of people giving up regular soda and sugar based drinks and losing a lot of weight while doing nothing else. What milk to you drink? I don't drink milk, but the one time a month I have cereal, I'll use 1% or Fat free. I haven't had whole milk in well over 20 years.ANOTHER GUY JUST MADE THE LISTI'm not the runner on here but if the race is three weeks away and you can only do two miles now, you're effed. I'd say make incremental goals and go for it. You won't be the only one stopping occasionally. Ok, maybe you will be, it's only an 8k.
Ya, I was a mountain dew fiend, we used to just drink like 3-4 a day. I'm fine with any kind including skim but while i'm bulking I drink a lot of whole milk and just say w/e to all the extra fat it has.
Ya, I was a mountain dew fiend, we used to just drink like 3-4 a day. I'm fine with any kind including skim but while i'm bulking I drink a lot of whole milk and just say w/e to all the extra fat it has.
Make love to meI'm bombed right now
That's solid. Nothing wrong with being spent after. After all, that is the point, amirite?Well, there is that. I think you'll handle the fame well, and by well, I mean bang everything that moves. Guys, girls, boys, girls. There will be no limitations.
I wasn't bummed about being really tired when I was done, I was just surprised at how well the first part of the run went and then how quickly I faded. Fuck it, I'll just do better this week. And yes, I'll be banging many things soon enough.
GUESS I'M THE ONLY MAN THAT WORKS OUT AROUND HEREor the only one that posts about it.30 minutes of cardio today, 10 sets of legs.hit the 40lb lost mark today, since January 5th.
You're an animal. I had a busy weekend and my laptop at home is stupid so for some reason I can't log on to FCP at home right now. I usually only hit the gym once on the weekend for a very light run so it would be pointless to post about it anyway. Congrats on the 40 lbs, that's significant.
I'm not the runner on here but if the race is three weeks away and you can only do two miles now, you're effed. I'd say make incremental goals and go for it. You won't be the only one stopping occasionally. Ok, maybe you will be, it's only an 8k.
I think I'm the only one here who only runs when I work out but that certainly doesn't make me "the" runner or even somebody qualified to give advice. Basically all I know is how to put one foot in front of the other. When it comes to training for something, I usually just try to run a little further, a little faster by the end of each week. Unfortunately, the bolded part of Mex's post made me laugh because I had sort of the same thought. If the 8k is three weeks away, you likely won't see a huge difference in your runs by then. But as long as you don't worry about keeping up with others in the race and are content to just take it easy and finish then you can probably run without stopping for longer than you think. If I had three weeks to prepare for an 8k, I'd probably just use the first week to go about 2-2.5 miles three times a week to see where I'm at. Based on that I would bump it up to 3-3.5 three or four times the next week. Then, the last week I'd probably take one day to just see how long I can make it without dying and just do a few other "easy" runs to rest up. By that point you should have a pretty good idea of what a realistic pace is for the 8k and how much you want to push it during the race.
Make love to meI'm bombed right now
I quoted this one just because.
\Caffiene is an appetite suppressent. Alot of people will drink one in pinch to kill appetite. I was also a DC addict but haveswitched to some coffee and alot of water. All I do is pee all the time.Time change got me this morning and didn't have time to workout but did really wellt the last three weeks going from 187 to 177. Food today1-bran cereal w/ skim milk2-chicken breast on whole grain3-no fat cottage cheese/apple4-tuna/crackers 5-turkey/brown rice/salsa dish6-yogurt and no fat cheeseTue- cardioWed-lower bodyThur-cardioFri-upper bodySat-cardioSun-lower bodyI right down everything as i'm doing it, keeping track of weight levels on each exercise.I also control my own speed and keep timing on the treadmill along with the incline. I do HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) trying to max out with more weight or more speedon the cardio.