Dear Ouch 8-s

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I went through greatstufftv.com to a supernovatube version of a show, and I got a virus warning from Norton. Then all of a sudden I had a new icon in my toolbar thing at the bottom right of my screen...that red circle with a white X inside, and it's constantly popping up the "Warning!" bubble. I can't figure out how to get rid of it...when I move my curser over it nothing happens, and when I left or right click it I get sent to http://antivirus-xp-pro-2009.com/?code=0000014. I didn't make that a link just in case it would give the same virus.Here's a pic...ideas?comeon.jpg

January 19th, 2009 Posted in Spyware Removal Anti virus XP Pro 2009, also known as AntivirusXPPro2009, is rogue secuirty software and fake antivirus secuirty product making destruction in internet community . It is the variant and promoter of antivirus 2009 or Anti virus XP 2009. Anti virus XP Pro 2009 usually installed with a video codec that come with Trojan, malware and virus. Anti virus XP Pro 2009 generates fake and misleading system popup error messages so end-users will be tricked into purchase Antivirus XP Pro 2009 i.e legal version of softwares in order for system scan . Thus we suggest a trusted antivirus from reliable vendor or manufacture is need of the hour to rip out such fake security suites Antivirus XP Pro displays the following pop-up message normally to scare the users ; “Your Computer might be at Risk! Viruses have been detected! Possible: - Unauthorized access to your files, documents. - Stealing from your banking accounts. - Reading you private correspondence. - Spam-mailing from your PC. Highly recommended to destroy them immediately.” Website to block antivirusxppro2009.com Antivirus XP Pro 2009, Malware process to kill Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This will open Your Windows Task Manager > Process Tab. Now click process tab and view the different process respectively. Here you can find all the processes currently running on your system. Select the malicious Processes and press End Process. %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\uninstall.exe %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\AntivirusXPPro2009.exe brastk.exe utynewu.exe wini101971.exe install.exe antivirusxppro2009.exe AntivirusXP.exe Infected files and folders associated with Anti virus XP Pro 2009 must be deleted Malware process inclusive Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This will open Your Windows Task Manager > Process Tab. Now click process tab and view the different process respectively. Here you can find all the processes currently running on your system. Select the malicious Processes and press End Process. c:\Program Files\AntivirusXP c:\Program Files\AntivirusXP\AntivirusXP.exe c:\Program Files\AntivirusXP\Infected c:\Program Files\AntivirusXP\Suspicious %UserProfile%\Desktop\AntivirusXP.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusXP %UserProfile%\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\AntivirusXP.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\AntivirusXP\AntivirusXP.lnk %programs%\AntivirusXPPro2009\AntivirusXPPro2009.lnk %programs%\AntivirusXPPro2009\uninstall.lnk %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\AntivirusXPPro2009.exe %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\uninstall.exe %desktopdirectory%\AntivirusXPPro2009.lnk Anti virus XP Pro 2009, Dll files to be deleted : Click on Start > Run. Type cmd and press ok, to open the Command Prompt. Here you type regsvr32 /u [dll_name] and press enter to unregister the DLL. If you accidentally do something wrong, you can register it again by using regsvr32 [dll_name]. %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\microsoft.vc80.crt\msvcm80.dll %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\pthreadvc2.dll %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\avengn.dll %program_files%\AntivirusXPPro2009\microsoft.vc80.crt\msvcr80.dll Anti virus XP Pro 2009, registry values to be deleted : Click on Start menu > Run. Type regedit, press ok. Now navigate through the menu on the left pane to the desired registry entry, and delete or modify it as required. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\AntivirusXPPro2009 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\AntivirusXPPro2009 info HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run Antivirus XP Pro 2009

2009, Malware process to kill [/b] Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This will open Your Windows Task Manager > Process Tab.
Thanks.When I try to open task manager I get a message saying "task manager has been disabled by your administrator". I'm guessing this is part of the virus, since I've never had that problem before. Thoughts?edit: scratch that, fixed it
January 19th, 2009 Posted in Spyware Removal
Well, unfortunately that didn't help because none of the program names listed matched what's on my system, so the creator of the virus must have switched it up at some point after this was written...and I can't figure out what the name is.

Firefox problem: I just updated to the latest version of firefox, and now after I open a tab and try to open a new one, it won't let me open a new one. I can close the original and it still won't open a new one. the only way I can open a new window is if I close it in task manager. any thoughts?and I had this problem before, the last time I updated firefox I believe. hell, I think I may have even asked about it here. ain't searching though.

sal - try disabling all your extensions. if that fixes it, add them back one by one until you find the culprit.

sal - try disabling all your extensions. if that fixes it, add them back one by one until you find the culprit.
yeah, somebody said that last time too. I didn't do that though, I did something else first and that fixed it. keep throwing out ideas and maybe you'll jog my memory.
Tools>Add OnsFrom there, just start disabling extensions one by one like Lanky said.
I gave in and searched. this was it. same thing as last time I believe. god damn avg safe search just screws everything up. PRETTY SAFE WHEN YOU CAN'T EVEN OPEN THE GOD DAMN WINDOW HUH GUYS. ad wizards, etc.
try disabling all your extensions.
I did something else
just start disabling extensions
this was it.
Good job.

I took a little video with my cell phone and emailed it to my account. With a picture the email opens itup but with the video it won't and says something like you have a dumbass computer.the emailed link reads -This is an MMS message. Please click here to view the message or click here to reply to the message.media1.txt and when I click the media.txt link it says,The webpage cannot be displayed Most likely cause:Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed. What you can try: Search online for a program you can use to view this web content. Retype the address. Go back to the previous page. When I click the link that to search online for a program it says,Windows has the following information about this Protocol. This page will help you find software needed to open your file. Protocol Type: cid Description: UnKnownWindows does not recognize this Protocol. Suggestions? Thanks Ouch-88s you're the BEST!

if the video is not too personal, you could e-mail it to me & i'll try to figure out how to open it, then let you know the steps. i promise to not watch more than the first couple seconds to make sure it plays.alternatively, take a random video of your floor & send me that. it should take the same process to open that as to open your other vid.

hmm, it isn't the actual file, it is a link to the file. and it isn't opening nicey-nice. jubi can take over now. on the bright side, i now appear to have your phone number for if i'm up late drunk.

I took a little video with my cell phone and emailed it to my account. With a picture the email opens itup but with the video it won't and says something like you have a dumbass computer.the emailed link reads -This is an MMS message. Please click here to view the message or click here to reply to the message.media1.txt and when I click the media.txt link it says,The webpage cannot be displayed Most likely cause:Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed. What you can try: Search online for a program you can use to view this web content. Retype the address. Go back to the previous page. When I click the link that to search online for a program it says,Windows has the following information about this Protocol. This page will help you find software needed to open your file. Protocol Type: cid Description: UnKnownWindows does not recognize this Protocol. Suggestions? Thanks Ouch-88s you're the BEST!
yeah i had the exact same problem with videos from my phone, sometimes. i never figured it out. that CID protocol is teh sux, if you figure it out, lemme know.
hmm, it isn't the actual file, it is a link to the file. and it isn't opening nicey-nice. jubi can take over now. on the bright side, i now appear to have your phone number for if i'm up late drunk.
Sweet, at least I'm getting something out of this!
yeah i had the exact same problem with videos from my phone, sometimes. i never figured it out. that CID protocol is teh sux, if you figure it out, lemme know.
Yeah, it sucks. I have actual video footage of my cat "fetching" and it will likely now never reach youtube and make him famous.
  • 3 weeks later...
Ouch, or anyone else:i read about this new April 1 pc virus. what should i do before then to protect my computer?
I just downloaded microsoft's free malware removal tool. It is supposed to get rid of the virus before it evolves April 1st.Article here: http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CN...;show_article=1Download here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=enAbout the Malware tool here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/890830
  • 3 weeks later...

I have researched a variety of entry level laptops. I want to get my mom and 17 yr old brother the same one. I am strongly considering buying this one for them both before I leave today to go to Vegas.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...e=20-12890475-2Customer Reviews gave it a 4.8/5 and I saw the laptop through the cnet.com/laptops review originally.http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-g60-235...erColumnArea2.1Opinions?I need to decide before 10am CST in two hours.The clock starts now....lol

I have researched a variety of entry level laptops. I want to get my mom and 17 yr old brother the same one. I am strongly considering buying this one for them both before I leave today to go to Vegas.http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...e=20-12890475-2Customer Reviews gave it a 4.8/5 and I saw the laptop through the cnet.com/laptops review originally.http://reviews.cnet.com/laptops/hp-g60-235...erColumnArea2.1Opinions?I need to decide before 10am CST in two hours.The clock starts now....lol
this one is better, imo:http://dealnews.com/Sony-VAIO-Core-2-Duo-2...s-h/291191.htmlthe problem with hps is that they install more crapware than any other maker, afaik, and it causes the thing to run sooooo much slower than "normal" until you get it off. sony's not AS bad in that dept, and unless they know enough about computers to get all that shit off, the difference in ram will be eaten up by all the crap hp installs.my laptop is a 17" core2duo hp, and until i got a hold of a clean vista install disk, the thing ran significantly slower than my 2ghz celeron with a clean version of xp, fwiw.
So I went through greatstufftv.com to a supernovatube version of a show, and I got a virus warning from Norton. Then all of a sudden I had a new icon in my toolbar thing at the bottom right of my screen...that red circle with a white X inside, and it's constantly popping up the "Warning!" bubble. I can't figure out how to get rid of it...when I move my curser over it nothing happens, and when I left or right click it I get sent to http://antivirus-xp-pro-2009.com/?code=0000014. I didn't make that a link just in case it would give the same virus.Here's a pic...ideas?comeon.jpg
stop using Norton. Switch to eset, Nod32.
this one is better, imo:http://dealnews.com/Sony-VAIO-Core-2-Duo-2...s-h/291191.htmlthe problem with hps is that they install more crapware than any other maker, afaik, and it causes the thing to run sooooo much slower than "normal" until you get it off. sony's not AS bad in that dept, and unless they know enough about computers to get all that shit off, the difference in ram will be eaten up by all the crap hp installs.my laptop is a 17" core2duo hp, and until i got a hold of a clean vista install disk, the thing ran significantly slower than my 2ghz celeron with a clean version of xp, fwiw.
10 key is an absolute must, so that Sony is a no go in my book.