Where Are They Now?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who posted in: Where Are They Now?Poster Posts SCYUKON 34 Quit while you're ahead.
Um ok Negatard! :club: Update the stats!!! Joyous are those who can tabulate! May their pointy little heads fit properly in a toque one day!
Um ok Negatard! :club: Update the stats!!! Joyous are those who can tabulate! May their pointy little heads fit properly in a toque one day!
Don't feel required to respond to every single post just because you started the thread. I'm sure everyone will forgive you if you stop.
I think you're thinking of Bernard Lee. He never claimed to be a pro if I recall. I think he still plays some tournaments from time to time and writes articles about it for ESPN.com.
Bernard is doing OK for a part-time player. Has added another 750K in cashes since his WSOP run.in addition to ESPN, writes a weekly "hand of the week" column for the Boston Herald and hosts a weekly radio show.http://www.cardplayer.com/players/results/Bernard-Lee/12063
Don't feel required to respond to every single post just because you started the thread, especially if it involves negatards like me who add nothing in value to the post, but a rather large dose of useless statistical information. I'm sure everyone will forgive you if feel like abusing me in Clay Aiken mode.....
FYPAlas - young buck - has it been a hard day in the online cyberworld? Whatever else would cause you to spew such venomous bile?Cheer up, good fortune is just around the corner - and your pursuit of greatness shall bring you joy uninhibited!
FYP
You called me a "behind". And here I thought you were against abusive language! Shame. ;)Really though, who are you and Tanner to lecture me about how many posts I make in this thread? I see Tanner has over 2500 posts in 2 years and you over 3500 in less than 3. Gee - are all your posts wonderful little nuggets of usefulness like the last one?As I have said before, if you don't want to post in this thread, don't. But thanks for the bump anyways ;)Now some more names seem to be MIA:John D'AgostinoMel JudahThe CrewAnd what has become of some of the early online stars?
Are you just naming random people? I don't think Ben Affleck and Spiderman never achieved anything great in poker other than bringing in some money and leaving it on the table.
Objection! Did you watch the Main Event this year? Spiderkid did get FAR into the money. So he didnt leave money on the table, he actually took some away.
um no sw tonight, so no.......is that a stoner question??????ONE table, rotating players with lots of money (if they have the money)...............maybe I need to SW to get your point......
David Williams did play high stakes poker one season. I think it was last year but of course it wasn't a $500K buy in.

It's funny how we live in this poker vacuum. Truth is poker is so much less popular than it was 3 years ago and most people out in the real world ,if you will, have no clue who anyone is.The known pros were the lucky ones who caught the TV poker wave just right. There are so many great unknown players today, many just as good if not better, mainly because of online play, but no one knows them...or really cares.I have coworkers to whom I'll mention once household names to and they look at me like I'm speaking Klingon. Then they'll say, "oh yeah, back when poker was on TV...I remember that guy...sort of". Point is, most of the known players are still around, it's just that hard to win consistantly in big tourneys, so you rarely see the same faces over and over anymore.

It's funny how we live in this poker vacuum. Truth is poker is so much less popular than it was 3 years ago and most people out in the real world ,if you will, have no clue who anyone is.The known pros were the lucky ones who caught the TV poker wave just right. There are so many great unknown players today, many just as good if not better, mainly because of online play, but no one knows them...or really cares.I have coworkers to whom I'll mention once household names to and they look at me like I'm speaking Klingon. Then they'll say, "oh yeah, back when poker was on TV...I remember that guy...sort of". Point is, most of the known players are still around, it's just that hard to win consistantly in big tourneys, so you rarely see the same faces over and over anymore.
end thread.I don't want fame, i want mobnies.