• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watched it, definitely need to see it again.Watched it with girlfriend eating pasta and drinking wine, not the best setting for this film.I didn't get the ending, but I told gf several times during it, I'll be watching this again before we need to bring it back.Acting and scenes were amazing.

I'm ok with the ending, its just that scene with Lewellyn and Chugrah, in the hotel and shooting outside it, they did it so well, I was dieing for more of it. So I need to watch it again, and study Tommy Lee.

Cohen Brothers are amazing, its crazy to think these are the same directors who made The Big Lebowski(in my top 10 movies)And yea, damn good work JJJ.So we can rest assured that LLY=JJJ, seeing LLY started the the thread and didnt post, while JJJ filled us in with the detailed theories

Has anybody read Child of God? It's by Cormac McCarthy-the same guy that wrote No Country for Old Men. I am reading it and I don't know what to think. The main guy is a disgusting character but it is a fast read.

Watched this movie tonight. I found that it was made quite well and the acting in it was top notch, but the overall story fell short, imo. Decent movie, but not rave worthy to me.

I'll be watching this again before we need to bring it back.
Are there people that still don't use netflix? Three movies at a time/ unlimited movies is only $16.99. Not having netflix is like not having a TiVo..... crazy.
Watched this movie tonight. I found that it was made quite well and the acting in it was top notch, but the overall story fell short, imo. Decent movie, but not rave worthy to me.
I know it's been said already... but since it's true it needs to be repeated. you didn't get it.
Are there people that still don't use netflix? Three movies at a time/ unlimited movies is only $16.99. Not having netflix is like not having a TiVo..... crazy.I know it's been said already... but since it's true it needs to be repeated. you didn't get it.
LOL. How did I know I was going to get that response. I totally got it, but it fell short for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Are there people that still don't use netflix? Three movies at a time/ unlimited movies is only $16.99. Not having netflix is like not having a TiVo..... crazy.
I don't have either. how worthless am I? I really need tivo though and should probably get it like... now.
LOL. How did I know I was going to get that response. I totally got it, but it fell short for me. Sorry to burst your bubble.
saying you get it and actually getting it are two different things.

I would've liked to've seen some kind of a super cop as the hero, though -- White, strong jaw, blond hair, no tolerance for drugs, smart lip, but not too smart -- the movie needed characters like that, so people like me could enjoy it. To me, the movie like it was was kinda' cool with the violence, but it glorifies those damn boarder-jumping Mexicans by not having the law out smart/out gun them. That's just my opinion, what do I know.

I don't have either. how worthless am I? I really need tivo though and should probably get it like... now.
Rotary-0.jpgtelevision-with-antenna.jpgDon't worry Shake, you're not missing anything.
QFT I'd love to hear an explanation of how the story "fell short" and what they could have done to make it better.
Seeing it written out again like this makes it even crazier. Thinking that this movie had a weak story is like believing Jesus rose from the dead.oh wait...
I don't have either. how worthless am I? I really need tivo though and should probably get it like... now.saying you get it and actually getting it are two different things.
QFT I'd love to hear an explanation of how the story "fell short" and what they could have done to make it better.
Rotary-0.jpgtelevision-with-antenna.jpgDon't worry Shake, you're not missing anything.Seeing it written out again like this makes it even crazier. Thinking that this movie had a weak story is like believing Jesus rose from the dead.oh wait...
No, you didnt.
LOL. You people make me laugh. I <3 the elitism around these parts. Enjoy your movie.
LOL. You people make me laugh. I <3 the elitism around these parts. Enjoy your movie.
don't worry about it. shake gets a lot of single moms.
yeah, I know us crazy elitist minority that loved this movie. I don't think my request was unreasonable. Please, tell us what makes a great movie, and tell us how this movie failed to meet that criteria.
That's just 'cause we think we're better than you.Wait, is that what I meant?No, I mean, we know we're better than you.Seriously though, would you like to explain why you thought the story fell short?
See, this response:
is THE standard response for people who really did not get it. I know plenty of people who have had the exact same response, and I asked them to tell me why they thought it. Every time they demonstrate a lack of understanding of the movie, and I'm sure the other people that have responded have had the same encounters. After I tell these people what I thought the movie was about and why I thought it was great they realize they were wrong and either watch it again or just realize its greatness without watching. This is why you are getting these responses, because your response to the movie was very standard and has usually demonstrating a lack of understanding.
don't worry about it. shake gets a lot of single moms.
I don't get it.also, its been said before, but we're only elitist because we're better than you.
In all fairness, being better than him doesn't exactly put us in elite company.
Do you always have to move mild teasing into the "I'm a huge asshole" phase?
Do you always have to move mild teasing into the "I'm a huge asshole" phase?
LOL get off your high horse. There's nothing about my joke that is in any way different than anything else said in the thread.
LOL get off your high horse. There's nothing about my joke that is in any way different than anything else said in the thread.
I thought I was in the group that was supposed to be on their high horses?
I thought I was in the group that was supposed to be on their high horses?
I was talking about the high horse of moral indignation about my comment, not the high horse of cinematic elitism. Ride high in that saddle, pardner. Though you might want to check your stirrups, I heard they were made for "Maverick" and are bound to be shoddy.

This notion that if you "get" NCFOM, you will like it is a bit silly. There are lots of things that I get and don't like. I "get" Three's Company reruns, but don't consider them art. There are a number of movies that have been loved by critics that I "got" but didn't like.I personally loved NCFOM, one of my favorite movies in years, but I can see how it could not be everyone's idea of a great movie.I think it's more accurate to say that a lot of people didn't get NCFOM, and they definitely won't like it, but that there will be people who got it AND don't like it.The condition of not liking it is not an definitive test for which case you belong to, but I would agree that the former outnumber the latter by a wide margin.

This notion that if you "get" NCFOM, you will like it is a bit silly. There are lots of things that I get and don't like. I "get" Three's Company reruns, but don't consider them art. There are a number of movies that have been loved by critics that I "got" but didn't like.I personally loved NCFOM, one of my favorite movies in years, but I can see how it could not be everyone's idea of a great movie.I think it's more accurate to say that a lot of people didn't get NCFOM, and they definitely won't like it, but that there will be people who got it AND don't like it.The condition of not liking it is not an definitive test for which case you belong to, but I would agree that the former outnumber the latter by a wide margin.
This should have been an "a".