I was going to reply by saying that's probably a good thing, but then I realized that you were replying to a post that was basically what I was going to reply to......I just lost myself. Let's try this again:To Dutch's quote that you quoted: QFT.Was this the worst post ever? Yes. Yes it was.p.s. I would very much like to see this movie.
I still love you, joey.
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I just got back from watching it and I'll admit that it was a good ending but there are a few parts which I don't understand. Is this the style of the directors and/or writers?Spoiler warning!

Why was "Sugar" even caught in the first place when he went to jail? You'd think that he would have just killed the cop on the side of the road. Also, I hate not knowing if the wife was killed. I think he killed her because he checked his boots on his way out, but I might be wrong here. Also, why not explain what happened to the money? Also, I think it would have been great if "Sugar" just gets in the accident and dies. Because everything in his life is precise and deliberate I think his death should have been some random act. Oh yeah, how f*ucking stupid of Llewelyn to go back and take water to the guy... Who cares take the money and get out of the country... Immediately

Thoughts?

Well we don't like you either.And as I've made appreant in other threads the Coens are the best in the business. As soon as this movie comes to our town, I will be there. Multiple times I'm sure.I dare you to name a better writer in the business. (hint: Charlie Kaufmann is not better)
William Goldman?...Charlie Kaufmann is pretty freaking good.
Didn't like it.Think that anyone else besides Cohen Brothers writes this script, noone would like it.I guess I am in the minority, but the purpose of movies is not to make you want to know what the heck happened.Andy Kaufman would have liked this film.
Oh dear God.Please tell me that this isn't one of those suspense building movies that pulls you in thinking "Great story, but how are they going to end this so it all works...?"...and then they pull some crappy been done a thousand times before "You Decide" Sopranos fade to black ending......please no.I love the C Bros. Seriously, I put them on my "All Time" list. "Blood Simple" and "Fargo" are enough to keep them there even with crap like "Hudsucker" on their resume. But a stupid cliche ending to an otherwise great movie will knock them down a rung to "very good"
Oh dear God.Please tell me that this isn't one of those suspense building movies that pulls you in thinking "Great story, but how are they going to end this so it all works...?"...and then they pull some crappy been done a thousand times before "You Decide" Sopranos fade to black ending......please no.I love the C Bros. Seriously, I put them on my "All Time" list. "Blood Simple" and "Fargo" are enough to keep them there even with crap like "Hudsucker" on their resume. But a stupid cliche ending to an otherwise great movie will knock them down a rung to "very good"
There's definitely nothing to "decide" about the ending. If you follow the movie and pay attention to the dialogue, you'll understand the ending.Most people that didn't "get" the ending didn't know what the movie was about in the first place, so it obviously made no sense to them.
There's definitely nothing to "decide" about the ending. If you follow the movie and pay attention to the dialogue, you'll understand the ending.Most people that didn't "get" the ending didn't know what the movie was about in the first place, so it obviously made no sense to them.
Whew.Cool.
Don't forget Raising Arizona and The Big Lebowski.
WTF!?!?! Hudsucker is awesome! You're insane.
There's right and there's right and never the twain shall meet.I'm not sure what I just said.
right on cue.Raising Arizona is amazing. It literally gets better every time. I'm around time 35 right now.
I recognize I am of the more shallow viewership of movies, I am a consumer that expects to be entertained.If I want to be preached too, I go to church. or is it to?If I want to learn, I read a book.If I want to relax I watch TV.If I want to be inspired, I see a playAnd if I want to be entertained without having to think, I go to a movie.Film makers that try to make the case that the character is the movie and normal story telling guidelines be damned..well they will be forever regulated to being misunderstood. It's the wrong medium.
lol @ all of this.

Ok, so I'm married and I have a whole pile of kids, which means I rarely if ever see movies in the theater. The only movie I have seen, in the theater, in all of 2007 was Ratatouille. (I do watch a ton of movies on DVD however) So all you single guys and girls out there... think long and hard (that's what she said) about it, because that is your future. That being said, I somehow talked my wife into letting me go alone tonight to No Country... I will try the same trick for There Will Be Blood. So anyway, my thoughts on the movie were that it was dang near perfect.

It was so obvious that the movie was over when Tommy Lee was talking about his dreams............... then the screen went black, and the best part of the movie happened.................. About 4 rows behind me two girls who were probably on dates and were definitely under 22 both said almost in unison, "What the ****!?! This can't be the end!! What the hell was that?"

It was so awesome instantly knowing how stupid they were. Anyway, maybe you had to be there.As for the only problem I had with the movie...

Llewelyn, in my estimation, was NOT the kind of guy that would have taken water back to the guy....

it almost seemed like lazy writing to me.Also, I will be really surprised if Tommy Lee Jones doesn't get nominated for an academy award. His scene with the fat cop in the restaurant was perfect. Actually come to think about it... every scene Tommy Lee Jones was in was perfect. Javier Bordem should also obviously get a nod, wow, he was one scary mo-fo. It was also interesting that there was basically no soundtrack that I can remember, many of the scenes were so intense without music that I almost didn't notice.

Questions about the film. Maybe you can make me understand why I 'missed' it.

How does the main character return with the water for a guy most definately dead, after being about as cold as cold can be on his first meeting. Other than it needs to happen to put Suger on his trail. Is this lazy writing or are we supposed to like the guy with the morals of an opportunist?Okay so the world has become tough, and the old ways don't work. Why is Tommy Lee Jones needed in this movie since this narration can easily be done through any of a number of casual comments. Take out Tommy Lee and the movie is the same? yes or no ( I love Tommy Lee Jones )Sugar was sent to retrieve the money by the guy in the office, then goes rouge and kills his contacts. So his character is willing to change his 'code' when the oportunity of $2million presents itself. But then we are suppose to believe that he follows his 'code' all the way to the point of finding and 'flipping' a coin for the wife's life for no other reason than he made a 'promise'. So Mr. ultimate evil with a driving force that cannot be swerved, starts the movie changing his motive/character.Getting a random car crash at the end is suppose to show that life happens? Even to bad people? Or is the universe not willing to allow unstoppable evil to go unpunished?

Questions about the film. Maybe you can make me understand why I 'missed' it.Why is Tommy Lee Jones needed in this movie since this narration can easily be done through any of a number of casual comments. Take out Tommy Lee and the movie is the same?
Excuse me, I just fainted and woke up with puke all around me. After I clean up, I'll try to answer your questions.
eh they only have cams of it. those are too low quality. im just gonna wait.
It's not out on DVD yet.
I loved this movie but then again I like my movies without any music in them.

The scene where Anton tracks Llewelyn to the 2nd hotel is the nuts.

fypah