This notion that if you "get" NCFOM, you will like it is a bit silly. There are lots of things that I get and don't like. I "get" Three's Company reruns, but don't consider them art. There are a number of movies that have been loved by critics that I "got" but didn't like.I personally loved NCFOM, one of my favorite movies in years, but I can see how it could not be everyone's idea of a great movie.I think it's more accurate to say that a lot of people didn't get NCFOM, and they definitely won't like it, but that there will be people who got it AND don't like it.The condition of not liking it is not an definitive test for which case you belong to, but I would agree that the former outnumber the latter by a wide margin.
yeah, but that guy didn't get it
  • Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've changed my mind...I hate this movie because it doesn't have a laugh track. It doesn't have a musical score that queues me to repsond emotionally in a specific way. The hero dies half-way through and the killer doesn't get justice. It doesn't give me a clean ending that explains things and has people waving flags in the air and hugging. But, especially, I hate this movie because it doesn't have a laugh track.HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHAT TO DO IF HOLLYWOOD DOESN"T TELL ME!?!?!?! :club:

I've changed my mind...I hate this movie because it doesn't have a laugh track. It doesn't have a musical score that queues me to repsond emotionally in a specific way.
i refuse to endorse any movie which doesn't contain at least one scene of people erupting in a control room.
This notion that if you "get" NCFOM, you will like it is a bit silly. There are lots of things that I get and don't like. I "get" Three's Company reruns, but don't consider them art. There are a number of movies that have been loved by critics that I "got" but didn't like.
I agree, which is why I'd like the guy to explain how it "fell short" falling short implys that it was okay, but failed to meet expectations, of the filmmaker and the viewer. I would love to hear what the expectations were that NCFOM supposedly fell short of. What qualities of a good movie that his movie didn't quite get. Because throwing out a statement like "oh, I got the movie alright, but it just fell short" is frustrating to hear. If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. But the short falls of this movie need to be explained.
i refuse to endorse any movie which doesn't contain at least one scene of people erupting in a control room.
made me lawl
I agree, which is why I'd like the guy to explain how it "fell short" falling short implys that it was okay, but failed to meet expectations, of the filmmaker and the viewer. I would love to hear what the expectations were that NCFOM supposedly fell short of. What qualities of a good movie that his movie didn't quite get. Because throwing out a statement like "oh, I got the movie alright, but it just fell short" is frustrating to hear. If you didn't like it, you didn't like it. But the short falls of this movie need to be explained.
I can't wait to see all the explanations of "falling short" that fall short. That beng said...NCFOM was great, but it ain't no Armageddon or Independance Day.
three words: talking hero dog
made me lawlI can't wait to see all the explanations of "falling short" that fall short. That beng said...NCFOM was great, but it ain't no Phantom Menace or I, Robot.
This would get a better reaction from these a-hole elitists.

9 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)2 Members: brvheart, Balloon guyI see you there brvheart. But I'm going to be the first to tell Balloon guy he doesn't get it.

I for one didn't get it.I read all the responses and reviews, tried to 'see' it through your eyes.Tried to understand what the movie was "saying"All I got was: Boy the enforcement of law sure is tough now that the drugs is here.and: Movies are so formulaic so if we mess with the formlua then we are better than those that like formulas.For the most part I am very easy to please in movies, Starship Troopers - great movie. Clearly a deeper meaning that sometimes you just got to nuke the bad guys because they don't want to get along.Same with Independance Day, and the latest Rambo.Having the story wrapped up in 2 hours works for me. Otherwise I get the impression the studios are just setting up for a sequal to milk me for easy money because I have to see what happens next.Sure there were interesting points about the way the movie was made, the way killings are slowly less and less graphic to imply we get desensitized to them. But how is that carrying the movie?Now I got no problem with you guys liking it. But saying that those of us that don't like it are less than you is just....elitist.And you know what happens to the elite in HG Wells Time Machines don't you? Morlocks anyone?If you guys want art than stick to foreign films and film festivals. Please leave the major motion pictures to the eye candy industry. I need to see the sequal to Ocean's 13

9 User(s) are reading this topic (6 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)2 Members: brvheart, Balloon guyI see you there brvheart. But I'm going to be the first to tell Balloon guy he doesn't get it.
I for one didn't get it.
This was priceless.
For the most part I am very easy to please in movies, Starship Troopers - great movie.
sig?

I like Starship troopers, also. Many people think it's just a dumb action movie, but it's really a cleaver satire of war-action movies. It's major drawback is it has some of the worst acting ever on film. Denise richards has the same glazed, empty expression throughout the entire movie. It's unnerving. But I think it gets a lot of crap that it doesn't deserve, it's smarter than 90 percent of action movies.

I like Starship troopers, also. Many people think it's just a dumb action movie, but it's really a cleaver satire of war-action movies. It's major drawback is it has some of the worst acting ever on film. Denise richards has the same glazed, empty expression throughout the entire movie. It's unnerving. But I think it gets a lot of crap that it doesn't deserve, it's smarter than 90 percent of action movies.
Then you need to see Starship Troopers 2There is enough badness in that one to obsorb all the bad acting in the universe, including Star Wars 4,5 and 6 and Deep Blue Sea.Plus one of the characters that dies in ST1 comes back as a different person, but with the same last name as the producer.I love to hate that one.
Then you need to see Starship Troopers 2There is enough badness in that one to obsorb all the bad acting in the universe, including Star Wars 4,5 and 6 and Deep Blue Sea.Plus one of the characters that dies in ST1 comes back as a different person, but with the same last name as the producer.I love to hate that one.
I have seen that, as a matter of fact. My favorite part about the movie is that they use cut footage of the action scenes in Starship troopers 1, and they don't match at all with what's going on outside of the cut footage. Starship troopers 2 is wonderfully campy.
I have seen that, as a matter of fact. My favorite part about the movie is that they use cut footage of the action scenes in Starship troopers 1, and they don't match at all with what's going on outside of the cut footage. Starship troopers 2 is wonderfully campy.
How about the woman Marine sargent that is the same actress as the commander of the ship Denise Richard's served on. Only in number 1 she is a by the book clean well mannered commander, and in #2 she is a tough old broad Marine sargent that just needs to get to the killin'?And speaking of campy, I had a buddy that did the props for a horror movie one of the Coppola kids did called Bloodhead. Stars a bunch of past their prime TV stars like Bernie Koppel, Linda Carter, Frank Gorshin etc.In this campy horror fest Frank Gorshin dances on a mountain, pours a bucket of blood on himself and dies. I own the mountain he died on, mny buddy subrented it. Then went BK and never paid me even though he made 3 months of T&M on that movie.Bitter? maybe just a little.
I thought it was really good, I just didn't like the ending.
It makes me really sad that pretty much everyone else from Lawrence on this forum is retarded. KUPoker5, freak2304, poopy_hillis...oh wait, no, I like poopy.
yeah, poopy is all right.doogie howser was great in starship troopers. and that one chick had the best tits i'd ever seen when i was 12.