Aa, Villian Wakes Up On River

Villain recently sat down at the table, but sat short, thats about all I got on him.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $202.85Hero: $208.50CO: $359.10Button: $201.85SB: $137BB: $198Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :D :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $7, Button folds, SB calls.Flop: :D :D :) ($16, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls.Turn: :club: ($38, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $28, SB calls.River: :) ($94, 3 players)SB is all-in $91, Hero?????

Looks like a busted diamond desperation push to me. If he's got QdJd I guess you go broke here but that's really the only likely hand you're behind.

you're getting 2/1... call. i think thats a pretty odd way to play a set or 2pr so they are not that likely imo. my initial read on a faceless 1/2 donk would be a busted draw, though qjd would certainly be your nitemare hand to face. since you're posting this i'd imagine he has some sort of bs like k10 or qj... but i don't think you can fold after putting all that money in getting 2/1... t oo many hands you can beat.phil

you're getting 2/1... call. i think thats a pretty odd way to play a set or 2pr so they are not that likely imo. my initial read on a faceless 1/2 donk would be a busted draw, though qjd would certainly be your nitemare hand to face. since you're posting this i'd imagine he has some sort of bs like k10 or qj... but i don't think you can fold after putting all that money in getting 2/1... t oo many hands you can beat.phil
I really do not think we beat much at all. I think it pretty much comes down to whether we think this is a busted fd enough to call. If villain doesn't have a busted fd I would be very surprised if we are ahead.I would probably convince myself that he has the diamonds enough to make the call, but that is because I am pretty awful and cannot lay down AA. :club:
I really do not think we beat much at all. I think it pretty much comes down to whether we think this is a busted fd enough to call. If villain doesn't have a busted fd I would be very surprised if we are ahead.I would probably convince myself that he has the diamonds enough to make the call, but that is because I am pretty awful and cannot lay down AA. :club:
with the money in the pot you only have to be right half the time... you don't think he could be bluffing a busted draw or overplaying top pair at least half the time at a 1/2 game? i do
with the money in the pot you only have to be right half the time... you don't think he could be bluffing a busted draw or overplaying top pair at least half the time at a 1/2 game? i do
Couple of things. We do not have to be right half the time to make this call.I would be very surprised to see top pair here. It would be a super-wierd line. I really think he has the missed draw here or he has us beat. Having said that, I would call. I think its close, but probably just a call.Also, I think you are under-valuing 1/2 on FTP. I'm not sure if you predominantly play live or not but 1/2 on FTP is usually pretty decent.
the FTP 1/2nl and 2/4nl games have gotten pretty tough recently.
I think some people think that 1/2 online is kinda similar to 1/2 live, which it obviously is not.

If he's average/bad, call. If he's good, fold.(Average/bad villains shove busted draws. Good villains shove good hands to look like busted draws.)So in this case, we should probably call.

I agree with Cobalt.K9 seems stupid, as does KT. A set seems weird here as well. T9dd and QJdd both make sense. I dunno, the standard "puke and call" applies.

Villain recently sat down at the table, but sat short, thats about all I got on him.Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $1/$26 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $202.85Hero: $208.50CO: $359.10Button: $201.85SB: $137BB: $198Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :D :D UTG folds, Hero raises to $7, Button folds, SB calls.Flop: :D :D :) ($16, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $11, SB calls.Turn: :club: ($38, 3 players)SB checks, Hero bets $28, SB calls.River: :) ($94, 3 players)SB is all-in $91, Hero?????
You're not beating much that does this here except Kd ?xShoving with a busted naked diamond draw here seems really ... bad. I think villain has you beaten.
uh, no.Getting 2-1 means we have to be ahead 1/3 of the time.Easy call.
Cardrunners FWIW.I probably call like a donkey
Oh, Cardrunners. They're definitely worth the money (I just use my friend's account though; he's an instructor on the site) but you're probably right.
Oh, Cardrunners. They're definitely worth the money (I just use my friend's account though; he's an instructor on the site) but you're probably right.
PM me with a password and stuff :club:

I think a call is warranted here. Villain has shown no strength along the way. Maybe he does have QdJd, but it's highly unlikely. I think he's shoving with air and is putting you on a middle pair. AK is probably a better posiblility and he may think he's trapping you.

if you're nice to me, I might share mine :club:
Have I been anything but?Honestly I'd really like to see what they are offering. If I saw a couple of videos and I really though it would help my game, I'd just get a subscription.
Have I been anything but?Honestly I'd really like to see what they are offering. If I saw a couple of videos and I really though it would help my game, I'd just get a subscription.
I actually am waiting until Friday to sign up but when I do I will let you know so you can check it out; had some other stuff come up and while I could afford it, I felt eating was the better expenditure.
I actually am waiting until Friday to sign up but when I do I will let you know so you can check it out; had some other stuff come up and while I could afford it, I felt eating was the better expenditure.
If you have to decide between eating and __________, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be spending money on poker or a cardrunners subscription. Just a thought :club: