favourite beer at the poker table

How could I have gone this long without mentioning Yuengling. That stuff rules.I second thatOh BTW, I've probably had well in excess of 500 different types of beers.Can't second that
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upland Wheat ale.Its a beer you can buy in Bloomington, IN. I'm sure any IU or Purdue grads know about this.
Yeah as a current IU student I know about Upland, good stuff but usually it's Keystone Light, 10.99 for a 30 pack.
heineken
"Heineken? FUCK THAT SHIT! PAPST BLUE RIBBON!"
Ahh PBR. I miss the South.I have a beer philosophy. If I'm not drinking good beer, I drink cheap beer. Why pay $3 for a bottle of bud when a 20 oz. can of PBR was 2.50, or I could at the right place in Atlanta get a pitcher of peebers for 3 bucks.BTW, most Heineken in this country is skunked.
heineken
"Heineken? FUCK THAT SHIT! PAPST BLUE RIBBON!"
Ahh PBR. I miss the South.I have a beer philosophy. If I'm not drinking good beer, I drink cheap beer. Why pay $3 for a bottle of bud when a 20 oz. can of PBR was 2.50, or I could at the right place in Atlanta get a pitcher of peebers for 3 bucks.BTW, most Heineken in this country is skunked.
Actually, I was just quoting a David Lynch film.
Upland Wheat ale.Its a beer you can buy in Bloomington, IN. I'm sure any IU or Purdue grads know about this.
I drank Upland Wheat or Dragonfly every day when I was in Bloomington....good beer. Now that I'm in Michigan, Bell's Oberon is all over the place, which is a step better than Blue Moon or Upland Wheat.

When I'm in the Dirty South I like to drink PBR...When I'm in this backwards scary Old South, South Carolina, or South Cackalacky I like to drink Yuengling...HtotheNootch glad you're here!

I like drinking good beer, or my favorite tasting beers, when I'm playing.Stella Artois, Guinness, Harp, Newcastle, Heineken, something like that. The reason is they're so filling you can't get shit-canned off a thicker beer like you could with Bud Light, and you still take advantage of the table image of drinking and playing poker.Plus, it's a little classier to be chillin' at the table with a quality beer. It's the same reason I think suits are more intimidating at poker tables than normal clothes. It shows you're successful (i.e. possibly a very good poker player) and you don't need the money you're trying to win, because clearly you're drinking good beer and dressed nice.

Budweiser, the Czech pilsner, brewed since the 1500's, the 'Beer of Kings'.Anheuser-Busch stole the name (Budweiser - the King of Beers :evil: ), and blocked distributors from importing it into America. Eventually, a legal agreement was reached where it could be imported into the US under the name 'CzechVar' (it was known as Budweiser or BudVar in Europe)This IS without a doubt the best beer in the world.