How Is Posible To Accept All In Withouth To See The Floop ?

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i think are 3 situations :1. if i am 200% convinced that i am a lucky guy and i will win2. if i have the cards in hand that i wish(diferent cases: AA; AK; ... etc)3. if i have a so called PokerRNG pro

SO first on this one...

i think all 3 are resonable but who will win ? )

Riiiiggghhtt.....
810s is my favorite hand. I immediately request you to swap avatars with me.If you want to hear the story of why 810s is my favorite hand, press 1.
810s is my favorite hand. I immediately request you to swap avatars with me.If you want to hear the story of why 810s is my favorite hand, press 1 for english. Por Espanol, prima numero dos.
FYP
:pressing_one:
Ok, here goes:Freshman year of college, I started to really get into NLHE. I just played a few small dorm games with at most 14-16 people, not a bad pay out for just a $5 buy-in, but I wanted to find a more competitive group of people to play with.Another kid that played at our dorm game told me about a tourney he went to off campus. I joined him the next week, wednesday (they called it the Wednesday Series of Poker, lollll)Once I played there I realized how much I didn't know about the game. Tells, position, odds; I didn't know any of those. I continued to play there week after week, and starting improving my play, finishing farther to the front. My first final table was a milestone for me as well. Then I started final tabling about (maybe more than) 50% of the time. The fields were as small as 16 (no smaller, at first anyway) and as big as 35. Then comes the tourney in question.I believe we had 32 people... 4 tables of 8. The structure was relatively turbo-like at the beginning, but it was improved by an hour first level. I don't remember the hand, but shortly into the tournament, I lost all but 10 chips. (blinds 1/2) I figured, oh well, early exit. I then picked up AA and it held against 22. I started chipping up and I never really lost at showdown. It was weird, but my experience that tourney showed me that the people I was playing against weren't all that good. I reached a level to know which players were solid, and others who just play their cards and any draw. I basically played aggressive throughout the tourney, admittedly at times that I shouldn't have, but I used my understanding of who was weaker and who was stronger, and played more pots against them. [side story]There was an interesting hand I was involved in. I had J9, and the board was A 9 X 9... and the villain made a bet on the turn. I called him, figuring he would bet an ace again on the river and I could raise him (he was weaker and I figured he would call or even push all in w/ just Ax). For some reason he thinks we're at showdown, and throws his cards up, and says "aces up." I say, "uh, buddy, we have another round of betting...". He says, "oh, shit, check." The river was a blank, btw, nothing that worried me. Now I had been being aggressive, but not aggressive enough to put on a huge bluff here. But I thought that maybe he thought I was. I went all in, having him covered. It was a bet of about 2x the pot. I guess my plan worked because he called w/ A7... gg him.[/side story]I did well at the final table, I believe I took out at least 2-3 people. The person I was HU with was a very solid, very aggressive player. He was admittedly much better than me at the time, and was definitely more consistent than me. I didn't play weak because of that though, I told myself I would 'try' to outplay him at any opportunity I think I have. I was out-chipped only by about 3-2, but he was raising probably every pot otb, and sometimes re-raising me from the bb. I decided I would make a stand soon, regardless of my cards, and hopefully switch the momentum my way. So, I pick up 810os OTB. I was outchipped still about 3-2. I raised it up standard, and decided this was the hand. I'm not really sure why I picked this spot, surely I could have waited for a strong hand, but I wanted him to make a decision for a decent portion of his stack. He reraised me, not a lot more. I pushed. He snapcalls w/ AA. Bad timing...The flop came 10 6 5 or something to that effect. Turn card....10He took the beat very well, and even said nice hand. I apologized and explained to him my logic. He wasn't pleased, but he understood why I made the move. I then won the tourney when AK>93 or something. My first tourney win, live. After that, I would always play 108os or suited if the opportunity presented itself. If it was folded to me in a steal position, raisy-daisy. It gets me in trouble sometimes, but I believe that my drive to play good poker and improve is because of that hand. It also showed me the extreme luck aspect of poker, and that the top players find a way to get ahead of the luck part. Our points system represented that... I think I finished something like 9th for the year, with my opponent heads up finishing top 3. Like DN and 10-7, my hand is 8 10. There it is. Swap avatars with me plsthx.(btw i'm high so if this doesn't make sense, inform me)
im not american, im a romanian but all the ppl has same soul and mind.. only some don't have at all
Maybe you should post in romanian, might be more coherent to those of us that only speak english
Ok, here goes:Freshman year of college, I started to really get into NLHE. I just played a few small dorm games with at most 14-16 people, not a bad pay out for just a $5 buy-in, but I wanted to find a more competitive group of people to play with.Another kid that played at our dorm game told me about a tourney he went to off campus. I joined him the next week, wednesday (they called it the Wednesday Series of Poker, lollll)Once I played there I realized how much I didn't know about the game. Tells, position, odds; I didn't know any of those. I continued to play there week after week, and starting improving my play, finishing farther to the front. My first final table was a milestone for me as well. Then I started final tabling about (maybe more than) 50% of the time. The fields were as small as 16 (no smaller, at first anyway) and as big as 35. Then comes the tourney in question.I believe we had 32 people... 4 tables of 8. The structure was relatively turbo-like at the beginning, but it was improved by an hour first level. I don't remember the hand, but shortly into the tournament, I lost all but 10 chips. (blinds 1/2) I figured, oh well, early exit. I then picked up AA and it held against 22. I started chipping up and I never really lost at showdown. It was weird, but my experience that tourney showed me that the people I was playing against weren't all that good. I reached a level to know which players were solid, and others who just play their cards and any draw. I basically played aggressive throughout the tourney, admittedly at times that I shouldn't have, but I used my understanding of who was weaker and who was stronger, and played more pots against them. [side story]There was an interesting hand I was involved in. I had J9, and the board was A 9 X 9... and the villain made a bet on the turn. I called him, figuring he would bet an ace again on the river and I could raise him (he was weaker and I figured he would call or even push all in w/ just Ax). For some reason he thinks we're at showdown, and throws his cards up, and says "aces up." I say, "uh, buddy, we have another round of betting...". He says, "oh, shit, check." The river was a blank, btw, nothing that worried me. Now I had been being aggressive, but not aggressive enough to put on a huge bluff here. But I thought that maybe he thought I was. I went all in, having him covered. It was a bet of about 2x the pot. I guess my plan worked because he called w/ A7... gg him.[/side story]I did well at the final table, I believe I took out at least 2-3 people. The person I was HU with was a very solid, very aggressive player. He was admittedly much better than me at the time, and was definitely more consistent than me. I didn't play weak because of that though, I told myself I would 'try' to outplay him at any opportunity I think I have. I was out-chipped only by about 3-2, but he was raising probably every pot otb, and sometimes re-raising me from the bb. I decided I would make a stand soon, regardless of my cards, and hopefully switch the momentum my way. So, I pick up 810os OTB. I was outchipped still about 3-2. I raised it up standard, and decided this was the hand. I'm not really sure why I picked this spot, surely I could have waited for a strong hand, but I wanted him to make a decision for a decent portion of his stack. He reraised me, not a lot more. I pushed. He snapcalls w/ AA. Bad timing...The flop came 10 6 5 or something to that effect. Turn card....10He took the beat very well, and even said nice hand. I apologized and explained to him my logic. He wasn't pleased, but he understood why I made the move. I then won the tourney when AK>93 or something. My first tourney win, live. After that, I would always play 108os or suited if the opportunity presented itself. If it was folded to me in a steal position, raisy-daisy. It gets me in trouble sometimes, but I believe that my drive to play good poker and improve is because of that hand. It also showed me the extreme luck aspect of poker, and that the top players find a way to get ahead of the luck part. Our points system represented that... I think I finished something like 9th for the year, with my opponent heads up finishing top 3. Like DN and 10-7, my hand is 8 10. There it is. Swap avatars with me plsthx.(btw i'm high so if this doesn't make sense, inform me)
nice story here.
Maybe you should post in romanian, might be more coherent to those of us that only speak english
i didn't found a forum like this in romania :)this is a great forum... active ppl and much moreand by the way Daniel Negreanu is a romanian ;)i speak enlish well but i'm not a native englishmen.. only those who are not clever enought don't understand what i'm saing.. are problems even when u speeak same native language of missunderstanding words sense
i didn't found a forum like this in romania :)this is a great forum... active ppl and much moreand by the way Daniel Negreanu is a romanian ;)i speak enlish well but i'm not a native englishmen.. only those who are not clever enought don't understand what i'm saing.. are problems even when u speeak same native language of missunderstanding words sense
We are mosly Americans..which means we expect everyone to speak English, and fumble around and speak real slow English when in foreign countries.Luckily most countries oblige us.Ce la Vie