• 50,000+
  4. 4. MTT/SNG Played

• 1-25
    • 25-100
    • 100-300
    • 300-500
    • 500+

you're a sicko...what are you playing?
5 10 NL heads up, 5 10 NL 6 max, 10 20 NL heads up. mostly 10 20 NL heads up. some guy has lost over 11K to me. i hope to keep playing him haha.
  • Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh*Seems that I'm one of the only ones around here not winning the past couple of months.September Goals

• Remember how to win.

August Goals/Results

• Take over #1 online MTT player in Alabama not just on the Monthly board but also the Sliding board.Only played half of the MTTs that I played in July. Still sitting in 2nd on the Sliding and 9th for August. Frustratingly, I came very close to some large scores (three 11ths in a span of 1 week).
  • Stick to MTTs and STTs until I get my BR back up over $20k.After a bad run in STTs, I decided that I was determined to start running good in cash again. That didn't work out so well. BR hovering at $9k.

Trip report from Biloxi: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=107637

ok new longer term goalhave minimum $750 in my stars account by Dec. 1s so I can cash $400out to buy an Ipod Touchbasically the same as an iPhone without the phone and Im not paying $50/month for the iPhone bc I just got a new phone

So I continue to suck at tournaments, but here's a rundown of how I'm doing in Wcoop satellites. It's somewhat of an estimation, but I think it's pretty close. For rebuys I assumed about 4 total buy-ins + add-on for each one. Profit is all in W$.5Card Draw (1 game played)Profit: -$50NLHE (1 game played)Profit: +$190LHE: (2 games played)Profit: +$175Stud Hi (2 games played)Profit: -$27Stud hi/lo (3 games played)Profit: -$100Horse (4 games played)Profit: +$140PLO (15 games played)Profit: +$1160Totals (28 games played): Profit ~$1500.I have also sadly spent about 20k fpps in sattelites, and have yet to win a wcoop seat with any of my fpps. Gawd I wish they somehow ran these Omaha sats all year long.

3. Don't buy into any cash game for more than 5% of my roll. This may be the trickiest one of all. Even though I was mostly grinding away at stakes I could afford last month, there were definitely some times where I started tilting and took shots at games I didn't belong in and seriously endangered my roll. If I could get through the whole month without doing that, it would be a huge step forward. I don't mind taking a shot at the $500 WCOOP event or something, but I shouldn't just randomly be buying into a 3/6 PLO game because I'm on tilt.
Wow. Not even close on this one. Got to my first tilt measure of adding a 3/6 table, then dropped 5 buy-ins there, then somehow decided that I should play LHE (at way too high stakes of course) and finally ended up with my last $700 on a 10/20 PLO table. Won a couple pots there against a huge fish, then followed him to 3/6 and 5/10 (helping me move down a little, thank god) and finally ended up getting back to $4200 where I'm quitting for the day.I know, I'm degenerate beyond all help. Some real life stuff did contribute to my tilt quite a bit but that's no excuse. I've got to be smarter than that. On the bright side, I've still got over $8000 between my poker account, my sports account, and my check on the way from Stars, so my actual finances are fine. Just my head that's the issue.
Wow. Not even close on this one. Got to my first tilt measure of adding a 3/6 table, then dropped 5 buy-ins there, then somehow decided that I should play LHE (at way too high stakes of course) and finally ended up with my last $700 on a 10/20 PLO table. Won a couple pots there against a huge fish, then followed him to 3/6 and 5/10 (helping me move down a little, thank god) and finally ended up getting back to $4200 where I'm quitting for the day.I know, I'm degenerate beyond all help. Some real life stuff did contribute to my tilt quite a bit but that's no excuse. I've got to be smarter than that. On the bright side, I've still got over $8000 between my poker account, my sports account, and my check on the way from Stars, so my actual finances are fine. Just my head that's the issue.
I noticed you playing 10/20 PLO and thought 'Wow, Iggy's doing really well and he's moved up'. Saw you playing the 3/6 later and thought 'Go iggy, go!!'.Little did I know you were tilting on your last $$...

LOL, ahosang. Next time, I'll be sure to let the forum know if I'm actually rolled for 10/20 so you can tell the difference. Anyway, part of the problem is that I just haven't been winning much lately. If you just go by BB, I'm in a 25K hand breakeven stretch. Part of me thinks I should just move down to 0.5/1 for a while since that's where I was posting my astronomical winrates. If nothing else, I'll be a lot less likely to tilt playing lower and that should be a good boost to my winrate.

I started to get into limit hold'em, I wanted to see if I could be a winning player at the lower limits then moving up after 6K hands (if I had >0BB/100)August Results - Playing .5/1

• 1219 hands played
  • $6.85 profit
  • Winning rate of .65BB/100

I think this was a good start since I blindly began playing limit w/o reading any books or posting in strat and started off with a -7BB/100 after a week. But after I calmed down and read some books and looked in strat and let it all sink in, this game is pretty beatable (so far I think).September Goals

• Get to at least 6K hands played in FL .5/1
  • Continue to stay positive and get a profit
  • Finish with at least 1BB/100 after the 6K hands are done and move up to 1/2

sigh, iggy.come on man. it would take you 2-3 months max of "grinding" 100 or 200 plo till you were really making good money at 2/4 plus...just put in the time and effort. it'll pay itself back in time.- Jordan

Actually, that's something I REALLY should look into eventually.I'm Canadian.There's no tax on gambling, unless you're a professional, so I just gotta cover that up. I was a student til May, that should do.
not sure how it applies, but check out crypto's new tax stuff. i don't know if all play their is now tax-free or (more likely), only if you're a Euro.If it's the former though, it'd be nice to be able to (actually or fake) pretend most of your income comes from there, and see most of the benefits tax-wise from your "profession" while only paying a small percentage of actual taxes.oh, and i don't really play poker anymore. cashed out everything except pacific (which i can't figure out how to cash out). i might put some money back on, but not playing at all in july and august, and playing so rarely in the months before, my credit card bills have caught up to my bank account.i'm right around a net of zero, so i'm going real job-hunting. just don't find poker appealing enough anymore when i'd have to be playing 3/6 short and higher just to cover my expenses, and probably 5/10-10/20 SH or higher to make it worth my time.good luck everyone.
sigh, iggy.come on man. it would take you 2-3 months max of "grinding" 100 or 200 plo till you were really making good money at 2/4 plus...just put in the time and effort. it'll pay itself back in time.- Jordan
See, this makes perfect sense to me 99.8% of the time. It's just when I'm stuck and tilting that I feel like I need to get it back ASAP. Anyway, I'm going to try to take a couple days off and then go back to playing a decent amount of 0.5/1 for a while and only playing 1/2 when the tables are good. I think the main reason for my breakeven stretch is just making bad calls/bluffs when I'm tilting a little anyway.

looooooooooooolok standard night for me. i'm down 2-3 buy-ins and end up 2 on the night.this horrid idiot is 1 tabling me and goes up, and adds to 3 tabling me...i take it all back and 2 buy-ins off me and he sits out and starts talking shit I"M LOLING cuz he is sooo horrible and i have him read like a book.so i'm like ok dude, lets play 30k hands the rest of the month and escrow 5k. Winner after 30k hands gets $5k as well, and if you quit early you surrender the 5k sidebet.he obv shuts down after this, but is like i'll keep playing you...and i'm like oaifhewofhaewo;fh lets do 3 or 4k then side bet...and he goes, i'll play you tomorrow again and decide'ea foiheawhagrgerzreag]voheargrtghtsrsly this would equal me having like a 40k month. so sick if i can book this. i'm thinking i should lose on purpose tomorrow so i can guarentee 30k hands with this fool.- Jordansept04.jpgsue me i was down 6

jordan really impressed with how well you handle being down 6 buy ins..ended up up 6 buyins last night (1200) after bluff gone wrong and i get lucky in a 900 pot...i 3 bet KJ HU and cont. bet and got raised 2.5x my raise and shoved...he had aces on the 968r board...turn...7....river....T...looooooool...i think that's the first time i put such a sick beat on anyone...really...weeeeeeeeeup a lil under 2k on the month so far in CAD...

Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
Very much agreed. Had a rollercoster session yesterday. In the first hour I was +150 and over the next three hours that slid to -100 and I eventually worked that back up to +50 when I announced to the table I was leaving when my BB came. Last two hands before my BB I lose all my profit. I end the day even. Over five hours of work for comp points. Oh well.

finally started a session winning...won 2.5 buy-ins over like 500 hands...have to quit cuz parents coming over for dinner...will play later on, hopefully 1-2k more hands with a few more buy-ins for the day.- Jordan

Heres my graph so far for September. I haven't played any real poker today, although I tried 10 cent 25 cent PL Omaha and lost 35$ looolllllllllllll. It's fun having no idea what to do.

post-2488-1189115637_thumb.jpg