What Crazy Home Games Do You Play?

I'll start - 3 Card Brag.Anyone ever play this? Played last night for the first time. We usually play dealer call mixed games (some standard, some a little wild) like 2-4 blind PLO/8, 2-7 triple with badugi split, 2-7 single draw NL, 2-4 NLHE, H-bomb (another great one if you know it), Dirty Wank (search this site for this explanation), 3 to make 2, Sink the Bismark, crazy pineapple, Chicago, Catwalk, 3 card guts capped always with a 4 card johnny and a few other made up games.But last night we decided that 3 card brag (the version with a 4 card deal and a discard) is the best game we have ever introduced to our home game. Check it out.. It is all about reads and nerve.http://www.pagat.com/vying/brag.html

oh the usual go fish , bingo, memory.. u wanna join ?"
My firends 13 yo daughter beat me at go-fish and won't stop needling me about it. She keeps saying "I thought you were a good card player but you couldnt beat a little girl" I keep trying to get her HU4rollz but she wont do it.
My firends 13 yo daughter beat me at go-fish and won't stop needling me about it. She keeps saying "I thought you were a good card player but you couldnt beat a little girl" I keep trying to get her HU4rollz but she wont do it.
u obv need to kick her down the stairs then tell her parents she fell . we really gotta hope for brain damage to avoide charges so be careful and kick hard . gl

It's all NLHE in the games I play in unfortunately, but there are some strange quirks to the games.One of them is a £1/£2 (~$2/$4) cash game, where the blinds increase every 15 minutes up to £10/£20 ($20/$40) after 90 minutes. It's stupid, but the players are horrendous.Another is a kind of spread limit £1/£2 game, where you can bet anything up to £100 on each street. Noone buys in for more than £200 though so it makes little sense.The big problem with almost all the games is that there is no minimum buyin, so the average stack at the table is £50 with £1/£2 blinds.So basically it's shortstacked NLHE where everyone limp/calls with anything (apart from a couple of aggrotards), oh, and it's self dealt with old battered cards so shuffling is terrible and takes forever, and they won't let me be the dealer to speed things up because they have always done it like that. I offer to shuffle and let them cut every deal - nope. They like the safety of knowing they've shuffled the cards themselves.It's very difficult to beat a game like that other than by playing very tight and betting big with good hands. The problem is, because we get like 10 hands an hour it's just not worth it when I can be multitabling online getting 40x more hands in.You can't play small pairs or suited connectors because everyone is too short for the implied odds. They don't fold if they have hit (e.g. AJ8Q6 board, and JT beats 89 after betting the whole way and getting called every time), so c/bets are usually awkward in terms of stack sizes (almost forced to call allin with overcards anyway).

We play blind mans bluff where you see everybody else hole cards but your own, it's great.

Here are some we really like.1492- Seven stud; aces 4's 9's and 2's all wildDrop 44- everyone antes, get 4 cards 3's 6's and 9's wild. count to 3 drop if your out hold if you wanna stay, discard and draw, best 4 card hand wins (no straights, flushes only pairs, 3 of a kind, 2 pair, 4 of a kind. goes to kicker then most natural. Winner takes the pot all losers replenish the pot.Bitch- get 4 cards count to 3 drop if out hold if wanna stay, get one more card, lowest card in your hand is wild, best five card hand wins pot, losers replenish pot.Roll your Own- seven stud; all cards dealt down choose which card to flip up, lowest card down is wild.In Between- I'm sure most of you guys know this one, but if you don't let me warn you it gets crazy. I've never seen people run so bad in my life.Dots- Deal 7 cards to everyone, everyone passes 3 to the left then 2 then 1. Discard 2 arrange 5 cards to be flipped up. Every one flips up one card round of betting, then again until all cards are up. Split pot between most dots and bet five card hand. Dots are suits in the middle ie 3 has 3 dots. 2,8, 10 had 2 dots. etc.

seems like you need a doctorate to play in you're home game. You guys must be a hoot
You lack passion for winning money. Welcome to play with us anytime. Dog Killer.

We play High or Low Chicago (7 card stud but in High Chi-the person with the highest spade facedown wins half the pot and in Low Chi the person with the lowest spade facedown wins half the pot). St. Louis is the same but with Diamonds, San Francisco is Hearts, and New York is Clubs. We play 6 1/2, 26 1/2 (Aces are one or eleven and face cards are half-you can either take a card or pass and the object is to get as close to 6 or 26 as you can get. Its a split pot game-you declare high (26) or low (6).Pairs-same thing as Guts.Basketball-you get 3 cards then a betting round, 3 cards then a betting round, 3 cards and the final betting round. Out of the nine cards you want to make the best 5 card poker hand with the your spades/clubs. You can have a royal flush in hearts or diamonds but you would lose.

I'd lay good odds on Chicago being invented by a basedealer...A round each of NLHE, PLO, PLO8, 7Stud, Kansas City Lowball in a 5-round cycle; a juicy home game because I get a sizeable edge in the games excluding Texas Hold Em and Stud.As is evident, it's a fairly standard mix of games...that's because I feel many of the crazier variants lend themselves to far greater swings in luck.

Crazy Pineapple and Tahoe are often favorites besides the norm, but sometimes we get a little frisky and try some obscure game we've heard of. For example, I recently heard of Shifting Sands, a Mexican Stud variant, which uses a stripped deck and has your hole cards and all others of the same rank become wild for you and you only. It sounds like it wouldn't work, but it is decent. Also, we love Blind Man's Bluff.

Two of the games I like from our $1 and $2 on the last round home game are these:The Store - 7 card stud eight or better, after you deal the first 2 cards you put a store (just like a flop) of 3 cards in the middle. Players can either by thier choice of the store cards or take a free one off the deck. Most cards cost $1, aces are $2, and there is a joker (aces, straights and flushes, or any low) which costs $5. When a card is bought, it is replaced from the deck for the next guy. All the rest of the cards are dealt that way, but the river card is down if you take a free one. To make it fair, the first choice of cards rotates each betting round. Depending on the number of players and the looseness of the game, we often play that if nobody takes a card from the store in a round, there will be a new store after the betting.Shant 2 (named after the guy who taught it to the group) - 5 card draw, high low, draw up to 3 cards. After the draw and a betting round, all players still in place their cards in the order they want. Each player turns up a card and there is a round of betting. Continue until 3 cards are showing and everyone has 2 hole cards. Low hole card is wild. Chip-declare for high or low (or both, but you have to win both cleanly). Try this one, it is better than it sounds. Great bluffing game, and a great way to get your quads cracked when they are not bluffing.

The Store - 7 card stud eight or better, after you deal the first 2 cards you put a store (just like a flop) of 3 cards in the middle. Players can either by thier choice of the store cards or take a free one off the deck. Most cards cost $1, aces are $2, and there is a joker (aces, straights and flushes, or any low) which costs $5. When a card is bought, it is replaced from the deck for the next guy. All the rest of the cards are dealt that way, but the river card is down if you take a free one. To make it fair, the first choice of cards rotates each betting round. Depending on the number of players and the looseness of the game, we often play that if nobody takes a card from the store in a round, there will be a new store after the betting.
We have one that is similar, but it's high only. We call it the Auction game. You get two down, one up then the dealer flips the top card. The player to his left can buy this card or ask for another. Once he asks for another, he can not go back. He can buy the next card for twice the price of the original. If he doesn't take that card he can see another for three times the price of the original. If he doesn't want that one, he can take the top card off the deck blind, for 4 times the price of the original. Any cards left face up carry over to the next player who has his choice of the cards or to see another or take one blind. Proceed till all players have 4 up cards and 7th street is dealt face down. A betting round after 7th and then showdown.