everyone reply to this..... please

usually about a 6. when the bad beats come in bunches , it can get to 20, which usually leads to hyphonated swear words and self mutulation. i keep my trust rusty pocket knife under the keyboard. one night it was so bad i carved party poker sucks on my hand to remind me to stay off that site, unfortunately i wrote it upsidedown and can't read it so i keep going back for more.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm i must be a 20...i used to punch/kick holes in the wall when I suffered a bad beat or made a stupid mistakeive also broke about 4 keyboards.that was about 2 years ago so i think i'm about a 14 now because now i only punch hard solid objects like my dresser.

that was about 2 years ago so i think i'm about a 14 now because now i only punch hard solid objects like my dresser.
This is better how? Hitting hard objects that won't give way seems like a good way to break a hand..Zara

<--------that's what happened to me the last time i cursed :wink:3.i've never experienced a bad beat, is that normal? :roll: [sw]anyway, i'm at the point where i just let my bad beats roll for the most point, but i do get frustrated if i they start to mount.i've never taken any physical action, but i do grunt loudly (and sometimes growl). it's kinda funny 'cause i'm just a skinny white kid (like the kid in picture hehe). dave.

About a 9 is the worst it has ever got. 1 out of the $$ in a MTT and I'm All in with A 10 short handed vs pocket 6's preflop. I flop a 10 and lose when he hits his 2 outer on the river.I threw my mouse at the wall. Once it happens to you so much it gets easier to deal with

Once it happens to you so much it gets easier to deal with
I couldn't agree more. For me, it was like asking girls out. Eventually you get turned down enough you don't care as much anymore as you're used to it. Same way with suckouts. I play more and more and they keep happening and they don't bother me nearly as much anymore.Zara

1 the bad beats/slow players dont bother mewhen i screw up it bothers me, but i just ask myself why i the f*** i just did that when i knew what he had then i go play again. it takes a bit to get to me at poker

I'm a 1. I'd have to say that there are far too many other things in life to worry about than to get overly upset at the game. I learned a long long time ago that things happen and no matter how mad you get, there is nothing you can do change what has already happened.

Irrelevant post follows:A buddy of mine was playing some video game one time (original PlayStation era), got really pissed, stood up, punched the wall, of course hit a stud, and broke his hand in several places. He'll never live it down.I get stressed more than anything when I play if I'm running bad.I'm pretty ticked off that I just ashed in my iced tea though. Damn it.

Zero. There is no such thing as a bad beat. Only people not accpeting its a percentage meaning you will lose. All you can do is put your money in with the best and forget about the results. I just look at my play, don't even pay attention to the results. Tournies are slightly different but my play compensates for that.

I think 6 or 7 would be my all time high. Anymore, I'm just like, well ****! Then I move on to the next hand. So I'd say I average a 3.Nik

I would say that I rate at about a 2 now that I've switched from SNGs to limit. Bad beats are much easier to take when they don't cost you all that much...particularly suck outs with hands they shouldn't have even been involved. Those don't bother me because if they happen, it is a good indication that I'll be able to win it back quickly. With SNGs that kind of vengeance isn't possible.I'm probably a 3 or 4 at the home game...the differences being that it is usually no limit, thereby costing me more and the inevitable gloating is directed right to me. But while I'm affected more in person, I've chilled out a bunch and am far more pleasant to play with as opposed to my 7 or 8 days.

normally a 3 for me except maybe last night when I'm 3 hrs into a mtt and my pocket tens get busted by an idiot who keeps going all innnnn with k high and any suited kicker and I raise 6 times bb and he goes all inn 2 hands later my pocket aces get 2 outed by jacks, then loose a huge pot with ak to jj who spikes a 3rd jack on the river, I have ak on the flop and he calls all inn with an underpair, then lose 6 pots in a row to a guy in a cash game who is seeing 70 percent of the flops, he cracks ks qs top 2 pair everytime with a straight draw 3 of them inside draws, and then he quits. That will steam ya a tad bit.

I'm pretty even keeled so 1 or 2. Not to say that a bad beat doesn't irritate me, I just accept it as part of the game. If the beat starts making me play reckless then I usually just take a break until it's no longer on my mind.That said, I haven't taken a bad beat for anything larger than $500 or so and I don't rely on my poker bankroll for anything but amusement/rec poker. I think someone who can be put in a bad position by losing their bankroll is probably more prone to hit the 10. Gamble what you can afford to lose and you're less prone to tilt IMO. :wink:

I get steamed now and then, but nothing serious. I just imagine myself throwing a chair, or smashing my computer screen. I would never react openly in a live game, but at home I can act out a bit.The other day I imagined I went out a got a cat as a pet so I could get steamed and hack it up with a sword or put in in the blender after a bad beat. But then I'd have to clean up the mess. If I didn't clean it up, then someone might smell something and get snooping around and notice all the fist-sized holes in the walls and broken mirrors and maybe find what I keep in the freezer. He was a guy who out-drew me at the river once and typed "LOL". I tracked him down in the Midwest and got my revenge. Nobody pulls off a gut shot straight draw over my trips and takes my $2.50!Now where was I?Koroshiya :wink:

once i get it out of my system( from yelling and screaming lol :twisted: ) then it doesnet bother me, i get over those kind of things reall quick. i would say at my worst times im no more then a 7

Normally i can get over a bad beat quickly but when i take a really horrendous one from a terrible player i go from 0 to 10 in about 3 seconds. This happens about once a day. lol